Multiple Inheritance is coming to a Java near You

Pages: 12
what does .net give you?

Many books have been written to describe all that .NET and ASP.NET supply. So it would be hard to some it up in one post. However C++ and Python (IronPython to be exact) can also use .Net's Library. However it feels more smooth using C# with .NET with the way Microsoft designed it.

What It gives, like I said would be hard to some up, however I can say it is an extremely large library which supplies objects for a large amount of things. I think the only way to know what it can do and what it is good for, is to become familiar with it, just like any other languages.

For me to create a business app, which does POs (purchase orders), invoicing, customer and supplier accounts for Net30 terms and maintain A/R and A/P. I can do this with .NET in probably a quarter of the time (if not less) then it would take me with C++. So the real quality is speed to produce crap, people in the masses will buy because they absolutely "need it".

But in the past months I've been learning C++, I've grown to appreciate it for game stuff and other odds and ends.

Edit:
You could use VB with .NET as well and actually; Its not very different then C# in how it works. The syntax is different in a sense as it looks different. But they are practically the same language. The only real reason i would never use VB is because it is too verbose and it is not case sensitive.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
ok so .net is just a library then like sfml. what does c# do for you that c++ doesnt
We weren't talking about language wars until you asked.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
oh sorry i misunderstood the post
ok so .net is just a library then like sfml. what does c# do for you that c++ doesnt

Feels easier to use .Net with C#. I like both C++ and C# and find they each have their own potential. If you really want to know what one has that the other has not, maybe learn those languages and get a feel for it yourself. However if you just want a meaningless technical list, then here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yyaad03b(v=vs.90).aspx

Oh also, sfml is a bad comparison. XNA is like SFML. however .NET is more like STD. Although you also have ASP.NET, which is, I think, a popular use of C#.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12