Java sucks... But seriously

Pages: 123
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Couple posts above:

InternalFrameInternalFrameTitlePaneInternalFrameTitlePaneMaximizeButtonPainter
NSTextViewWillChangeNotifyingTextViewNotification
i found it harder to build a splash screen than a multi client chat server in java, what in the bloody hell.
How would you make a single client chat server? o_o
For lonely people lol
I didn't ask why, haha.
Only let one client connect at a time? :D
oh so ronely
:'(
LB wrote:
Ah, yeah I always use ArrayList and I've never used arrays of generic types

I don't know about Java (never learned it), however would assume it may be the same as C# for this. In C# ArrayList causes boxing/unboxing which is much slower then using List<T> generic. So even for a list of integers you should never use ArrayList, and use List<int> list = new List<int>(); instead.
@Oria there are no integers involved with the OPer's code ;)
That was just an example, just saying that List<T> is faster than Arraylist.
In Java, ArrayList<T> implements List<T>, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Last edited on
In C# they are two different things and one causes Boxing/unboxing for each thing you add. While the other does not.

Edit;
Reading over this thread though, makes me glad I learned C# instead of Java.
Last edited on
@Oria :(

oh why do i need a panel? why do i need a frame? when i have a perfectly good window, who thought of all of this? not me, if I could design high level languages it would be easy you would just type in, 'give me some sort of funky ... program' and BAM, funky program.
Last edited on
I have to agree that C# is much better than Java, and I know both. That said, without Java there'd be no C#.
devonrevenge wrote:
@Oria :(

oh why do i need a panel? why do i need a frame? when i have a perfectly good window, who thought of all of this? not me, if I could design high level languages it would be easy you would just type in, 'give me some sort of funky ... program' and BAM, funky program.

I'm a bit lost at what your trying to say... My preferred languages are C++, C# and Ruby. I don't like Java because I feel that C# gives me more. My statement above, in no way, says that I want a language that just does it for me. And if you think that is what C# is like, you are extremely mistaking.
I was venting, the language seems illogical to me.
Stop absorbing random bit of the language and start asking why certain things are the way they are. It'll start seeming a lot more logical but at the same time as tragic as a love story between old code and old developers.
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
I was venting, the language seems illogical to me

???? can you explain, because your statement seems illogical to me. C# is a very logical language... I actually never heard of an illogical programming language though...

closed account (N36fSL3A)
Time to spend 100s of hours making an illogical programming language. I'll be back here at the end of time...
@Oria I got the impression he was talking about rapidcoder's favorite language, not your favorite language.
Pages: 123