Java sucks... But seriously

Pages: 123
Right, didn't I have a little bit of a language war with rapidcoder once...

Edit:
I actually don't think Java sucks or is bad. I just feel like C# is more beneficial. But this could be because I used it for a long time. However I equally like C++ and C#. I use them for different things though.

But still, devonrevenge's statement still makes no sense though. Both C# and Java are logical.
Last edited on
it seems illogical because i seem to be doing things that could be more efficiently done
Can you specify?
He just doesn't like verbosity ;)
LOL
*wonders what verbosity means and how the joke applies*

things like graphics actually being graphics2 so you cast one as the other, or adding one swing component is done differently to adding 5 near identical others, maybe I feel like I don't have the same control over what happens like I do in c++
Last edited on
I'm not sure what's funny about it either :\ perhaps Oria could explain his all-caps acronym?
I ask devonrevenge if he could specify is claim. you said he doesn't like verbosity, I thought that was funny. However, devon still didn't answer my inquiry. Millions of programmers use C# and Java and I doubt they would if it was illogical for them to use it.
This is precisely why i wanted Ubuntu, so I could sniff at windows like all the other experts and pretend Im one of them,

Though In reality I most probly just think its illogical and stupid some of the things that you have to do in Java because im begininger, when im an expert I can then join in a java biching session (and I might get into one of the best universities in UK for comp sci and go on to expert from there on, EEP! fingers crossed, imagine a devonrevenge who knew what he was talking about! :D)

but isnt a begininger best qualified to say that a language is illogical? ie:
when i do this and this works shurley if I do the same for a similar thing it should work in a similar way? oh no when i tried it it didn't work anything like i thought it would

^thas beginner using logic is it not? I program uses logic its as only as logical as the collective logic of the humans who built it.

When im an expert computer scientist im going to create a system/language which only needs you to describe n your own words what you want, kinda like in star treck in that holo room (just think of the perverse things you could get up to in one of those
"computer i want two girls and a cup...oh yeah and they poop chocolate ice cream...no wait tutti frutti"
)
Last edited on

things like graphics actually being graphics2 so you cast one as the other, or adding one swing component is done differently to adding 5 near identical others, maybe I feel like I don't have the same control over what happens like I do in c++

At least strings are not implicitly converted to bools...

void add(const std::string& str, bool replace);
void add(const std::string& str1, const std::string& str2);

Which method will it call?

add("Hello", "World");

@rapidocder Neither "Hello" nor "World" are strings. This is a leftover from C that cannot be changed without huge compatibility issues. But you should know all about those in Java :)
Yeah, I know. The same problem is Graphics2 devonrevenge mentioned. I'm just just showing that every successful language that is evolved long enough has some inconsistencies like that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123