I am a competitive coder( a coder who solves problems on various online judges like codechef,spoj,topcoder,codeforces etc.)
I have been doing it for quite long and my rate of growth has been almost exponential. But, now its got stagnant coz, I am dealing with harder problems. Though I have found a solution to my problem of dealing with these questions, I have to reach out to public for that.
I simply need a friend who is himself a competitive coder like me.
A. 1.Because the rate of growth almost doubles when two coders work together.
2.They share sources of learning, think on the same problem discussing and looking at it from all angles and even after it gets accepted, they modify the constraints and then solve it again.
3.When two minds act on same problem, the problem is likely to solved sooner.
4.Sometimes while programming alone, a person tends to ignore problems, delay them, and not care to think upon them again after getting it accepted.
5. Coding becomes more fun.
6. According to the talks I had with people who are in top tech companies like google,amazon,microsoft, they always worked on their coding skills with friends. Some had good tutors,some had friends of matching skill level or some had groups.
7. We can ask each other the dumbest doubts without even thinking twice before.
Q. WHY HAVE I BEEN UNABLE TO FIND FRIENDS AROUND MYSELF?
A. 1. First of all, there are not many coders around me.
2. Even in my computers class, there are very few people who do this type of coding.
3. Only 2-3 classmates are there who are somewhat introvert and like to code alone.
Q. WHOM I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE FRIENDS?
A. 1. I am a New Delhi, India resident. If the person is from same place, it is the best. But I would like to make friends from anywhere :)
2. We will contact each other through facebook or forums like this or emails or phone or if possible, will meet somewhere and work on problems or maybe projects.
Plz reply if u r in the same possition as me. You don't know, group coding can work wonders. Also, we can participate in many competitons as a team. Hope to get a good reply. Happy coding.
email-id -> email@example.com
my codechef id -> http://www.codechef.com/users/desktop
spoj id -> http://www.spoj.com/users/vgoel38/
I am also eager to be friends with people working on open source projects.
A link u would like-> http://breckyunits.com/6_specific_ways_to_find_programming_mentors