• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Terminololigy for beginners and issues s

Terminololigy for beginners and issues searching for answers to problems

One issue I have as a beginner is knowing how to search for a problem, when you don't understand the problem, how can you know how to use terminology if you don't completely know what you are doing.

As I am getting a bit better I might try and write an article for beginners, terms they should know for what they are doing.

I just tried to ask in stack over flow how to 'implement rather than extend some kind of httppost/listen class if your already extending applet and where to pop all your class files in your hosting file manager thing'

of course that title wasn't allowed because they have software that stops beginners from writing stupid titles...which is totally unfair on beginners trying to articulate things they don't know the terms for.

And if you could help or think of a way of writing the article (I have been working on my English especially!) terms that beginners should learn and the order in which they should learn them (mutator accessor casting etc)

can you think of someting fun too...Kind of like the urban dictionary but for coding
of course that title wasn't allowed because they have software that stops beginners from writing stupid titles...which is totally unfair on beginners trying to articulate things they don't know the terms for.
Its not unfair, stackoverflow isn't a site for beginner questions (IMO). Research before asking a question so you can ask it in a (somewhat) educated way. Learning to search effectively and efficiently is a skill you learn over time with practice.
Well thats why I think beginners need help with terminology, so they can research what questions they have using the right keywords, they should also say they arent really their to help beginners if that was true.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.