Is there a way in which us programming types can contribute to saving earth from ecological/economic disaster?

Pages: 12
The good thing about McD is it's everywhere and is fast and relatively cheap. The bad news is that means that it's pretty much these people's only option for food.

There's a glaring flaw in that logic.

There's a reason obesity is more common among low income households. That's no coincidence.

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/60/11/2667.full

would seem to indicate there is a multiplicity of reasons obesity is more common among low income households in the U.S.

It's interesting how you went from "global warming isn't even scientifically proven" and wanting to take in all of the possibly relevant evidence, to ignoring nutrition facts and studies on obesity in favor of media hype and soundbites.
lol
I was wondering if there was something that computer programmers can do and got an interesting debate but not any ideas, I think thats what happens when politicians get together to tackle it, they just start debating and theres no tangible ideas of how to fix it.

I bet thats what happened on easter Island, I perfect example of humans wiping themselves out, when they were chopping the last trees down for a statue plenty of people probably knew that there was going to be no more fishing boats but when they tried to get everyone to change their ways they just had a debate and chopped that last tree down.

Is this whats going to happen, we eat each other? who here is fattest? we start with him.

edit:
http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/60/11/2667.full

would seem to indicate there is a multiplicity of reasons obesity is more common among low income households in the U.S.
the thing is with that is that for the first time in history obesity is huge(lol) amongst the poorest in western countries, I could also word it like this, the cheap stuff is full of crap.

did you know they have been feeding us horse and telling us its beef in the UK? thats the negative thing about capitalism, nutrition less food, breaky technology.

(in communist russia, car drive YOU)

EDIT2: we should tottaly buy shares in companies that produce things like insulin or perform lipo suction surgery
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12