Leaving Cplusplus.com

Pages: 123456... 8
Why did you even bring up this suicide crap, BHXSpecter? To show how much of an emotionally detached tough guy you are?
Some people just want to watch the world watching you watching the world burn.
Most people aren't trying to be hypocrites. Many people when they realize how hypocritical they are, rethink their point of view.

Hypocrisy is human nature and only extreme hypocrites rethink their point of view only if they don't know they are, whereas I know I'm a hypocrite.
Why did you even bring up this suicide crap, BHXSpecter? To show how much of an emotionally detached tough guy you are?

How times have changed. When I grew up comedians made suicide jokes, I mean hell there was a comedian that was always telling people that did x, y, or z to go kill themselves and got a laugh, but now because of the suicide increase everyone has made it a taboo thing. I'm not going to start censoring myself just because society has slowly become pussified. Problem isn't whether I'm emotionally detached or not, problem is that everyone is too emotionally sensitive as you are all getting worked up over a hypothetical news article about a hypothetical action from a kid who started this thread for attention.
Some people just want to watch the world watching you watching the world burn.

Careful, if some arsonist or act of nature cause the world to catch fire that saying will become as faux pas as suicide remarks.
You didn't answer my question. Why did you bring up suicide?
Hypocrisy is human nature and only extreme hypocrites rethink their point of view only if they don't know they are

Once again, I find myself questioning your grasp of logic.

Problem isn't whether I'm emotionally detached or not, problem is that everyone is too emotionally sensitive as you are all getting worked up over a hypothetical news article about a hypothetical action from a kid who started this thread for attention.

The problem is never "me." It's always "everyone else."

It is ironic that the emotionally sensitive person who didn't manage to complete a Pong clone (in what? 16 years?) because people *sniff* told him he couldn't is complaining about people being emotionally sensitive. Woe is me.

Grow up, already.
I think our state mollycoddles us, we can almost have whatever we want in the west, I think this makes a lot of people not grow up on an emotional level, the state is like a parent and you never leave home, that is why I think so many people are emotionally immature.

Blaming other people for how you are feeling is always the telltale sign of an adult with childish emotions.

to be fair the man/woman children are the most fun for drinking and partying with, they just become a drag when you live with them.

oh yeah and why are you not emotionaly detached spectre? you describe it perfectly well, if you dont mind me asking that is, I don't want to be insensitive i am curious
Last edited on
closed account (zb0S216C)
devonrevenge wrote:
"Blaming other people for how you are feeling is always the telltale sign of an adult with childish emotions." (SIC)

I disagree. If John insults Jane which makes her feel bad, it's Jane's fault that she feels bad?

Sometimes, I feels as though this forum shouldn't allow discussions; this thread being an example of why.

Wazzak
Blaming other people for how you are feeling is always the telltale sign of an adult with childish emotions.

Abused women/men disagree with you.
I disagree. If John insults Jane which makes her feel bad, it's Jane's fault that she feels bad?
yes be cause if she had good emotional intelligence she would know jhon was just being a dickhead

there is other signs of low EQ, I was stating that blaming others for YOUR feelings is a sign of low emotional intelligence, i didnt get all pedantic and write an essay as to when it is or isn't, lets find a little linky link and prove me right shall we babies?

http://www.core.eqi.org/signs.htm

Oh wow blaming others for your feelings is number one on that list titled "symptoms of a low EQ"

Sometimes, I feels as though this forum shouldn't allow discussions; this thread being an example of why.

I disagree, because of this thread we have all learnt something today, mainly that devonrevenge is really clever and most likely realy good at sociology/psychology stuff
Last edited on
You didn't answer my question. Why did you bring up suicide?

Because nothing else would have made sense with that hypothetical situation:

"<whatever his name is> aka Cyberwarfare on Cplusplus.com killed in car crash due to having his God Programmer Complex revealed as being still just a noob."

"<whatever his name is> aka Cyberwarfare on Cplusplus.com has been murdered due to having his God Programmer Complex revealed as being still just a noob."

Though, again I love that you are all getting pissed over a hypothetical situation when there are more real suicides going on that you guys probably don't even bat an eye at. How many bullied students have committed suicide and you went about your day without thinking once about it?

Flawed logic, yep, and yet everyday in the news there are people that show my flawed logic is dead right.
So the reason why you brought up suicide was because it fit a hypothetical situation, which you needed to construct in order to show everyone how oversensitive they are about the topic of suicide?
I can't believe im the one saying this but some people should think before they squeek
closed account (D80DSL3A)
BHXSpecter wrote:
How many bullied students have committed suicide and you went about your day without thinking once about it?

Only the ones I don't know about. I am saddened when I read of others tragedies. Sometimes I don't read such stories because I don't wish to feel upset. I think this is a normal response.

While I don't know what the nature of a comedians joke about suicide was (such as you referred to earlier) I doubt it was directed at a specific person in the audience, much less a kid. This is what you did.

A person considering suicide needs help, not derision and cruelty.
If it were found that the target of your comment did wind up killing himself, you would be partially responsible, although I'm aware that you wouldn't care about that either.

If someone were to make such a comment about your son, how would you feel about that? This is where empathy comes from.
Last edited on
Wow, I leave a happy and comical thread for 2 days, and this is what happens?

I can understand the BHX has problems feeling emotions over someone, with whom he has had a (probably) barely platonic relationship with, over the internet. Where on Earth the topic and sensitivities on suicide came in is completely illogical to me.

Also, everyone has been hypocritical at some point in their life (please feel free to find me one person, over a reasonable age, who has not).
I agree, I think the human race needs to be a lot more sensitive and gentle,how can we condition ourselves to remember not to say stupid shit which will have direct and negative side effects? on the other hand, the internet is for being a complete arsehole for a lot of people.

some can be forgiven;

in the UK a comedian who was frustrated for an airport closing due to a few snowflakes vented on twitter "...I am going to blow the place up..." he got himself a swat team knocking on his door or whatever it is they do.

two lads got 5 years each for joking "lets start a riot in x town" on facebook during riots, 5 years!! they didn't see that coming.

so much for free speech! goes to show people really are reading everything you say and putting you on some kind of list, i guess its Ironic that the people trying to limit the damage are doing the most damage too.

makes you wonder if the intention is actually damage limitation
I grew up being bullied. After a while I realized that the reason they were bullying me was because they were just idiots who found that entertaining. They never physically hurt me, so I was able to ignore everything else. I'm not bullied anymore and I am respected by my peers.

The only thing I still struggle with is ignoring distracting sounds like someone smacking gum - it gets more annoying if it feels like they're doing it intentionally because I get caught up in being offended and all that (I can't stand ignorant/disrespectful people). I'm still working on it.

The moral of this post is: they're idiots, they're not actually hurting you, just ignore them. Ignoring it is extremely, extremely hard, but it is 100% worth the effort.
Bullying seems to deeply scar people, The damage is done it takes forever for someone to get their self confidence back, I really don't see how kids get so upset online though, they dont just turn their shit off!?
Sigmund Freud wrote:
I have found little that is good about human beings. In my experience most of them are trash.

The inability to ignore external input which interferes with the ability to learn is the only reason bullying affects people.

The first thing anyone should learn is the ability to ignore an external input that interferes with their ability to learn properly.

It is a very challenging thing to learn, I had a very hard time with it because I am hypersensitive - but it is certainly possible for everyone.
Last edited on
closed account (D80DSL3A)
I too was bullied as a kid. I feel some shame about this.

It's interesting what the effects of bullying can be in the long term. As an adult I become very angry when I see others being bullied. Standing up to such bullying incidents has put my job in danger twice, and alienated some family, so it's not constructive.

I explain to my 2 young children that when someone attacks you when you haven't done any thing to them, it means there's something wrong with him, not you. This attitude can be helpful in limiting hurt feelings.

@LB, and only because you say you're working on it, I think this is key:
...it gets more annoying if it feels like they're doing it intentionally...

Can you identify a reason to believe that it's deliberate? If not, standard advice in anger management is to presume benign intent, though I recognize this can be hard to do.
Pages: 123456... 8