Leaving Cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 345678
I believe the term is sociopath.

OK. I looked it up. A sociopath is a particularly severe form of antisocial personality disorder. Maybe more than what's being expressed here in this thread.

I think that's very accurate actually and unfortunately, it seems newer generation are more affected by this, as well as people that distance themselves from culture and embrace technology a little too much.

Also, we are humans, not androids. Having emotions, caring and having empathy is part of being human. If you are too much like the other, then you obviously had something at some point in your childhood, happened to you, which gave you symptoms of a sociopath.

Here's a good read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy
Last edited on
@devon, that EQ list is pretty demanding. I probably fit just a few of the ups and about half of the downs and I'm not even fun to party with. I feel like that list just ruined my day :( ! [intentionally doing what the list says not to do]. To be fair, I don't think I know anybody who would fit many of the ups (though I don't know many people in general). Do you?

@BHXSpecter, you can take any position you like, but do have in mind that what you say will affect our (I think most would agree) willingness to take you seriously in the future.

@Catfish, misanthropy is nothing to be proud of either.
closed account (zb0S216C)
devonrevenge wrote:
"yes be cause if she had good emotional intelligence she would know jhon was just being a dickhead"

Regardless of how resistant someone is to negative remarks, one can still become affected.

devonrevenge wrote:
"I was stating that blaming others for YOUR feelings is a sign of low emotional intelligence"

My John and Jane example still applies here. The fact is that in some cases, someone is truly to blame for one's current emotional state. In other cases, one's self is to blame and they accept that blame, but others pass the blame onto others even if they have no direct influence on the person's emotional well-being to being with.

devonrevenge wrote:
"Oh wow blaming others for your feelings is number one on that list titled "symptoms of a low EQ""

...if that person is not to blame for one's current emotional state, yes.

devonrevenge wrote:
"I disagree, because of this thread we have all learnt something today"

Yes, I learnt that you over-generalise... wait, that's nothing new, is it?

devonrevenge wrote:
"mainly that devonrevenge is really clever and most likely realy good at sociology/psychology stuff"

Quite the opposite, actually. You don't seem to grasp the sensitivity of psychology.

devonrevenge wrote:
"some people should think before they squeek"

Take your own advice.

devonrevenge wrote:
"Bullying seems to deeply scar people, The damage is done it takes forever for someone to get their self confidence back"

And whose to blame for that? According to your recent posts, the victim is to blame for their poor state of well-being.

Wazzak
Last edited on
pfft framework,
why so0 serious?

I was making a point, If i wanted to go into semantics I would write something more like a legal document.

your a funny man framework, technically you are on the scold because of an opinion that didn't (seem to) cover every aspect of its subject, I could go into depth on how people deal with insults, a human being is always responsible for his or her own feelings, even if they are being unfairly attacked.

who the hell do you think you are to be judging people in that tone.
Last edited on
@devonrevenge: No, I don't know what your getting at. Please, do tell.

devonrevenge wrote:
"why so0 serious?"

Because someone has to be the mature one, and it's certainly not you.

devonrevenge wrote:
"your a funny man framework"

Your sarcasm sucks.

devonrevenge wrote:
"who the hell do you think you are to be judging people in that tone."

I can converse in any tone I want, and if you don't like, too bad. Besides, haven't you notice that I only take that tone with you (hint, hint)?

devonrevenge wrote:
"technically you are on the scold because of an opinion that didn't (seem to) cover every aspect of its subject"

I saw enough of your opinions and they weren't getting any better.

devonrevenge wrote:
"I could go into depth on how people deal with insults"

Oh, sorry, I forgot that you're a master of psychology. People deal with insults in millions of ways, and for you to got into depth would simply be unrealistic.

devonrevenge wrote:
"a human being is always responsible for his or her own feelings actions"

True, but if someone directly caused those feelings, then they are partly responsible, too. If a person ran across the road when two cars were coming from both directions, and one car swerves to avoid that person, eventually causing an accident between the two cars, is the person who crossed the road partly to blame for the accident?

Wazzak
Last edited on
It's really the wrong place and the wrong time for me to get into this dicussion, but I just wanted to point out
Framework wrote:
Because someone has to be the mature one
Well I don't think any of you are very mature for staying with this pointless discussion anyway, where it's all a matter of personal opinion and beliefs.
Yeah, I shouldn't have posted this, ignore me, please
Last edited on
Because someone has to be the mature one, and it's certainly not you.

I think your trying too hard to be mature, Listen to what I am saying not how I am saying it for a start.

@devonrevenge: No, I don't know what your getting at. Please, do tell.

If someone says something hurtful, true or otherwise we deal with it in some way do we not? they dont deal with how we feel after saying what they say.

Yes, I learnt that you over-generalise... wait, that's nothing new, is it?

Wrong answer you mean arse, we learned that devonrevenge knows stuff about psychology without having to look on the net first

Take your own advice.

take my advice :P

And whose to blame for that? According to your recent posts, the victim is to blame for their poor state of well-being.

The victims state will vary depending on the personality or....EQ(dun dun dunnnn) psychology is a soft science not a sensitive moral thing.

BAM Devonrevenge educates once again :D
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
"I think your trying too hard to be mature, read Listen to what I am saying not how I am saying it for a start."

Firstly, there are many things wrong with this sentence. Secondly, I'm not trying to be mature.

devonrevenge wrote:
"they dont deal with how we feel after saying what they say."

If someone isn't experiencing some emotion then they cannot deal with it, but if they caused someone to feel bad in some shape or form, it's up to them to take responsibility and make the affected person feel better again.

devonrevenge wrote:
"we learned that devonrevenge knows stuff about psychology without having to look on the net first"

You should have looked on the internet first. And my comment still stands; you know nothing about psychology.

Vidminas wrote:
"Well I don't think any of you are very mature for staying with this pointless discussion anyway"

What? Are you serious?

Wazzak
Last edited on
Framework wrote:
What? Are you serious?
You know you're not going to get anywhere. BHXSpecter definitely won't change his mind and anyway this went reaaaaaally off topic, because it started out with Cyberwarfare saying "Bye, bye" and now you're on to arguing with other people on how insensitive they are. (that's one way to view it)

(Dammit, I'm already in the discussion:D)
Last edited on
Read the stuff I added frame work, you have forgotten psychology is a science

Theres no sensitivity in psychology for the same reason there is no sensitivity in maths, this is evidence your on some kind of crusade, i hope you don't do this to people you know in real life.

If someone isn't experiencing some emotion then they cannot deal with it, but if they caused someone to feel bad in some shape or form, it's up to them to take responsibility and make the affected person feel better again.

no I meant only someone effected deals with their own feelings, the point of saying that was to explain why no matter what happens to you, you are responsible for how you feel.

Firstly, there are many things wrong with this sentence.

so whats your point? trying to come across all big and clever?

You always do this, you think you have found some tiny inconspicuous detail and it is some massive flaw in someones personality and they need hounding down where as in reality, I explain the rest of my piont in that longer thread, its true its exact its fact its science baby and im right
Last edited on
Theres no sensitivity in psychology for the same reason there is no sensitivity in maths

What do you mean by this?
Why does devonrevenge refer to devonrevenge in the third person? >< =/ =p
@hamsterman, im really sorry dude :( I don't think the list works like that anyway, like my point "How we respond to something negative is our responsibility"

this is my problem with framework right now, and to answer catfishes question; Its a fact that we are responsible for our feelings even if we are being picked on...I mean that esoterically( in the bounds of psychology) you cant be going round calling students in psychology insensitive if they say things like "people with asymmetrical faces are more unlikley to pull in bar" its a science its a fact.

im not saying its your fault if you get picked on, that what it seems like to others
Last edited on
@devon, uh, I was joking about the list ruining my day. I was just wondering if it's just me who doesn't know anyone with high EQ, or if the list is a tad bit broken (in your link there's another link with a more sensible list, but I don't think anyone fits much of that either).

And, while I'm at it, Framework is really being a dick right now.
@devon, that EQ list is pretty demanding. I probably fit just a few of the ups and about half of the downs and I'm not even fun to party with. I feel like that list just ruined my day :( ! [intentionally doing what the list says not to do]. To be fair, I don't think I know anybody who would fit many of the ups (though I don't know many people in general). Do you?

I just saw this EQ list. It's fun to self analyze!

I took it like it was a sort of EQ test. For the "High EQ items" I got
10 yes
5 "kinda / sometimes"
3 no

And for the low EQ items:
6 yes
3 "kinda / sometimes"
26 no

I think I did pretty well! =)
@fun2code, Oria
I don't think anyone ITT is a sociopath; sociopathy only occurs in 1% of the population and it's not just a lack of empathy, there are other signs and symptoms, like superficiality, charm, delusions of grandeur and sexual promiscuity. Besides, sociopathy isn't the only disorder characterised by lack of empathy. Autistic people also tend to lack empathy because they find it difficult to read, process and understand emotions. People with narcissistic personality disorder especially don't empathise with other people because they're so self-absorbed. Sociopathy is different; sociopaths actually understand emotions very well, but only insofar as they serve as tools to manipulate other people. In point of fact, one study suggested that they can actually empathise as much as a normal ("neurotypical") person does, they just don't do it by default: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/psychopaths-can-empathise-demand/. My opinion is that they can very easily and very effectively read and comprehend emotions and particularly how to use them to manipulate people (although apparently they can't understand why certain actions cause people to feel certain emotions, which makes them view other people as weak and inferior), but they never actually feel those emotions themselves. So, autistic people don't empathise because they cant (except, of course, high-functioning ones), narcissists don't empathise because they aren't paying attention, and sociopaths don't empathise because they don't want to.

Also, sociopathy isn't a more severe form of antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), it is ASPD, or rather, it's the old term for the disorder now referred to as ASPD. The terms sociopathy and psychopathy aren't used in academia or medicine any more, they're only used because laypeople don't know what ASPD is.
@hamsterman, lol good i was feeling guilty about that. its true, framework hates me :'(

I think people can come across detached on the tinternet, because of the detachment, I don't think framework would talk to me the way he does in real life (i am distractingly sexy even to men)

theres lots of personality disorders, you can go through them all on wikipedia its fun, you will think you got them all, and theres some truth in that, our personalities all have a tiny bit of every thing in a personality disorder, just the people with personality disorders have a large amount of one of those things.
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
"Read the stuff I added frame work, you have forgotten psychology is a science "

I'm quite aware of that fact.

devonrevenge wrote:
"Theres no sensitivity in psychology"

Yes, there is. If you're going to pick the brains of somebody, especially as a professional psychologist, you have to be sensitive towards their feelings to avoid provocation; you have to understand the patient's needs as well as embrace them.

devonrevenge wrote:
"no I meant only someone effected deals with their own feelings, the point of saying that was to explain why no matter what happens to you, you are responsible for how you feel."

People can't but help the way they feel; it's beyond our control to choose our emotions, but it's within our control to manage those feelings. So how can you be responsible for something that you simply cannot control?

devonrevenge wrote:
"so whats your point?"

Your grammar is on the same level as child in nursery.

devonrevenge wrote:
"You always do this, you think you have found some tiny inconspicuous detail and it is some massive flaw in someones personality and they need hounding down where as in reality, I explain the rest of my piont in that longer thread, its true its exact its fact its science baby and im right"

This means nothing to me. This paragraph is nothing more than a series of broken sentences that make no sense.

devonrevenge wrote:
"And, while I'm at it, Framework is really being a dick right now."

I really don't care.

devonrevenge wrote:
"(i am distractingly sexy even to men)"

Get over yourself, will you. On a serious note, are you a homosexual or something?

Wazzak
Last edited on
:*
closed account (3qX21hU5)
So this might be a good time to call this thread done and let it die?
Pages: 1... 345678