Leaving Cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 5678
I guess we have to, maybe we should stop when me and framework kiss and make up ;)
I did not know this site had the infinity sign XD
One does not simply go more off topic than Tight Wonka :D
I think all of the better programmers (1000 or more posts) decided to leave

thats not true i have over a thousand posts and im the worst programmer on this site, I dare anyone to challenge me for my position
Honest Question:
BHX why are you still discussing this?

Well until you asked that question I was going to leave the thread with that last post :P.
devonrevenge wrote:
thats not true i have over a thousand posts and im the worst programmer on this site, I dare anyone to challenge me for my position

... It depends on what kind of bad you're talking about... If you don't consider "new" as "bad", then idk...
Last edited on
closed account (zb0S216C)
hamsterman wrote:
"I have no clue how you differentiate between "managing your feelings" and "helping the way you feel"."

If someone manages their feelings, they're controlling them to ensure that their feelings do not affect their personal life or any others around them. Whether we like it or not, we experience an emotion one after another, and it's up to us to control them.

By helping the way you feel, I meant that our emotions are the product of past experiences, our sensory information, and many factors of our surroundings. A combination of these can conjure memories, good or bad, which can affect our current emotional state.

Wazzak
BHXSpectre wrote:
Don't care if I'm taken serious here. This is a C++ programming site so I only care if any code I post is taken serious.

I don't suppose you could point out a post among your 1100+ where you actually posted code that you wrote?
I don't suppose you could point out a post among your 1100+ where you actually posted code that you wrote?

I was just about to ask...
Why does Tight Wonka have both "Reprted" and "Report"?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/TN7oN7g.png

EDIT: I'm guessing it is because he has a low enough post count that members can remove his post, but whoever reported him didn't have enough posts to be considered a member.
Last edited on
@ LB: because we can delete its posts! If we wanted to...
Who is reporting posts o_O?

EDIT: Oh, a 7 page thread has attracted spoonlicker.

I'll be away from the forums for a while.

http://i.imgur.com/9stmVKz.png
Last edited on
What the...
All posts on pages 6 and 7 are reported. Sounds like fun ! :)
I saw LB's post on last reply (did you delete it right afterwards or did 2 people report you?)

It said
You have been warned
I reply - it's OK :D I don't think a serial reporter can cause any real trouble.
Or can he/she? Btw I'm not reporting

And apparently the reporter keeps going through every single post.
It's fun to watch every page starting to appear red.
Last edited on
I was thinking, spoonlicker didnt show up until homosexuality got bought up, im thinking maybe spoonlicker is a resident we all know here
If he is a regular, he's doing a good job hiding behind proxies and whatnot, I doubt the admin would have any remorse banning his "clean" account, not that he should have.
cire wrote:

I said code I posted, never said code I wrote. Most of the threads where I posted code was in reply to a beginner asking what was wrong with their code. Only time I remember ever posting code for a question I had was for the infamous asterisks pyramid. If you want links then you can have fun shifting through the 20+ pages I have to my account as I would rather spend the time working on my Allegro project to make a collection of classic games.

cire wrote:
It is ironic that the emotionally sensitive person who didn't manage to complete a Pong clone (in what? 16 years?) because people *sniff* told him he couldn't is complaining about people being emotionally sensitive. Woe is me.

I've programmed for 16 years (17 come this August) I made a pong clone after programming for 6 years, but unlike most programmers who blow off a bug that is persistent I have spent 10 years trying to find a solution to the bug while continuing to code other things. I've shown the pong code to several programmers and a few did the solution of 'ignoring the bug', but forgive me if I don't like the idea of acting like a bug isn't there.

Wait, it can't be ironic, I can't be emotionally sensitive and emotionally detached at the same time o.O' unless I'm the next serial killer. Don't think I am, but can't speak for my other personalities.
BHX can you link me to your thread on this forum about the bug in your pong game? I want to see what's so difficult about the bug.
I don't think he ever made a thread about it here. He just likes to bring it up and whine about it now and again.

It was basic collision detecting/handling with ball-vs-paddle, iirc. Rough stuff to solve in 10 years.

That's a bit beside the point though. If posting his own code is the only thing he cares about us taking seriously, and he never does that one can only assume he's just here to be a jackass like Spoonlicker.
Not going to bother looking through all my threads, but since I don't use pastebin that much it was easier finding the code I showed:

Nov 21, 2011:
http://pastebin.com/9MEM55w4

Dec 13, 2011:
http://pastebin.com/cDKvUY73

Apr 4, 2013 (used just primitives and still has the bug):
http://pastebin.com/mPA34bQV

Youtube video from 7 months ago where I tackled it again with the same outcome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n1gwJcM0XvA#t=31s

Been told by tons of programmers that they have had the same bug, but most have just left it and moved on while others tweaked their code to make it ignore it. I'm not the kind of programmer that does either, I want a solution and won't give up on a chunk of code until I figure it out.

cire wrote:
That's a bit beside the point though. If posting his own code is the only thing he cares about us taking seriously, and he never does that one can only assume he's just here to be a jackass like Spoonlicker.

I assure you, my past makes spoonlicker look like a saint.

[EDIT] Added YT vid link.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Can you tell me what the bug actually is?
Pages: 1... 5678