Public wishlist for cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 56789... 16
they know what it is at dream in code, some people are 'swampies' too, they wont tell me what it is though, but I want to be a swampy.

Who knows but it could be really usefull.

you know what might be good, clicking on something that knows what username your typing, maybe thats a bit too much of a frill though
Last edited on
Who knows but it could be really usefull.

*facepalm*

you know what might be good, clicking on something that knows what username your typing, maybe thats a bit too much of a frill though

Hmm, a tag button for each post, which adds the user's name in your reply, like this?

@ devonrevenge:
twicker wrote:
I'm not sure, devonrevenge... is it legal?

Heh, do you know what a data swamp is?
Last edited on
try {
What the heck is a data swamp?
} catch(Answer& a) { cout << a.what(); }
yes like that,

could some one tell me what the data swamp is? you might have to go to dream in code to find out, Im not allowed they (the fascists) banned me, but I always wanted to know, its got something to do with all the data for the website being in a swamp.
//...
std::cout << "example" << "example" << "example" << "example" << "example" << "example" << "example" << std::endl;
//... 
I think this should be something like
//...
std::cout << "example" << "example" << "example" << "example"
<< "example" << "example" << "example" << std::endl;
//... 
Though without the obvious break.
Last edited on
@ LB: I wouldn't like that auto-wrapping at all.

What I would propose instead would be resizable text areas with scrollbars, with a default size that can be messed with from the User Settings, possibly tailored to the current resolution/window size.
Twicker: For site security reasons, what about adding a Setting for each User, which allows for Old/New Style of posts?

Like, let me write an example in C++:

struct UserSettings {
    bool UseNewStyle;
};
// ...
if(currentUser.UseNewStyle) {
    WriteHtmlSwampData();
}
else {
    WriteClassicalHtml();
}

Where the new one is a beta-state style who can be easily restored to the old-state style?

This can make it safer to edit the website's style and optionals.

EDIT: It just springed into my mind: Call it "cplusplus.com Beta Testing" ?
Last edited on
@Catfish: only if the horizontal scrollbar wasn't off the bottom of the screen. There is nothing more annoying than having to scroll to the right near the top of the area and the scrollbar is at the bottom.
@EssGeEich: ¿why don't you use polymorphism?

> The code tags are now C++11 compliant. ;)
and or not compl xor bitor bitand not_eq
No, they are not.
Last edited on
Swampies are a special breed of member who follow the infamous SpectateSwamp;

thats all i can find on swampies.
I hate sites where the code tags has scrollbars. If it was only horizontal scrollbars it would be okay, but I hate when they have both, it's so inconvenient. Any wrapping should only be done horizontally.
@chrisname I hate sites with horizontal scrollbars but not vertical scrollbars, see my post above.
Maybe we should compromise and just leave it the way it is, then. Or have it wrap.

If the horizontal scrollbar is at off the page, you can use the middle-mouse-button. I use that more often than the scrollbar anyway.
laptops nad pads dont have middle mouse bunts
> output doesn't wrap. that's a feature.
And that's good, but what I find annoying is that the text outside the output box is threat the same same. Take by instance this sentence, that it will expand horizontally because of the output tag that is below needs that space. It's quite tiresome to keep reading it
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

!fmt
devonrevenge wrote:
laptops nad pads dont have middle mouse bunts
[quote=devonrevenge]Indeed, my nad pad does not have a bunt for the middle mouse.

@ne555 @chrisname I think it should stay the way it is, because currently wherever you are on the page the horizontal scollbar for the page is accessible - making it part of the element means it is only accessible when near the bottom.
Last edited on
I would like to see tab characters stripped out of code and replaced with a few spaces instead. I hate seeing the crimes against whitespace committed by some code samples. This may partially alleviate the wrapping problem that is being discussed, too.
I wonder if there is standardized HTML way to get browsers to display tabs as 4 spaces instead of 8? Maybe it could even be a user profile setting.
Pages: 1... 56789... 16