Public wishlist for cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 678910... 16
There is no reason to not wrap the text outside of the output box.
I never wanted a scroll bar (and don't have one)
I'm against the scrollbars in code boxes.
DOWN WITH SCROLL BARS XD

EDIT: did you see what I did there?
Last edited on
Nobody saw what you did there because you didn't do anything there.
you know cos you scroll down with scroll bars? I suppose its not funny if you have to explain it :(
I scroll up with scrollbars, I use my scroll wheel to scroll down.
I think an embedded box with scroll-bars should be automatic after a certain amount of lines of code. When its 20 lines or 30 lines it fits fine. But when people post a problem with 100+ lines it stretches the thread like crazy.
But scroll bars would make difficult to read the code. You'll need to paste in an editor.
I hate the scrollbars other sites have on their code boxes. I much prefer it to stretch the thread, so long as it's only in the y-axis. In the x-axis it's annoying, but I can live with it.
chrisname wrote:
I hate the scrollbars other sites have on their code boxes. I much prefer it to stretch the thread, so long as it's only in the y-axis. In the x-axis it's annoying, but I can live with it.

Quote.

Maybe a Spoiler can do it?

@ne555: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ciso646/
... #define
Maybe Twicker did just mistake/forget something or it's still thinking about #define.

LB wrote:
I wonder if there is standardized HTML way to get browsers to display tabs as 4 spaces instead of 8? Maybe it could even be a user profile setting.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp (see Non-breaking Space. Twicker will have to tweak the server's script to convert tab characters to four of those instead)
Last edited on
I too vote against scrollbars in code tags.

EssGeEich wrote:
@ne555: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ciso646/
... #define
Maybe Twicker did just mistake/forget something or it's still thinking about #define.
Reference wrote:
In C++, reserved words exist with the same names as these macros
Other C++11-compliant syntax highlighters highlight them the same color as return, int, etc.
Twicker, I think you chose the best solution! :D

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

This is definitely favorable to stretching the whole post :)
LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET
Before articles go live, only the article's author and the admin(s) have access to them. This prevents authors from taking feedback from other forum members.

Before articles are approved by admins, they should be accessible to all who have the link to it. But the article should not be enlisted in the articles section.
I copied it from ne555's post in the previous page...
LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET

Who here speaks Latin?
This prevents authors from taking feedback from other forum members.

Star ratings are not feedback. And real feedback is something you won't get much of, regardless of whether or not your article is published.

I would like to suggest a fixed-width font reply mode, possibly scripted to capture tabs. It would make writing code on-the-fly much easier. Then again, maybe I'm just being lazy -- most of us would rather copy-paste from their favorite text editor.
I kind of wish I had the reference box while I was reading the forums so we can paste helpful links easier... hint hint twicker
moorecm wrote:
I kind of wish I had the reference box while I was reading the forums so we can paste helpful links easier... hint hint twicker
The forums are fixed-width and you probably have a lot of empty space on the right side of your enormous computer screen. I'd recommend resizing your browser and having another window with that reference box ;)
Script Coder wrote:
Who here speaks Latin?

Latine loqui usura a simplex est interpretis Google
Pages: 1... 678910... 16