sending variables to PHP scripts

Pages: 123456
Here am I breaking the law? the websites called "hack this" but its server belongs to a bigger company :/

I cant log into FTP or port 80 either, this would be the place to make it okay to open port 80, i think im allowed to log into port 21 so long as i dont anonymously log in, not that I know how, I dont really want to hack i just want to make a "post shit" tool :P

@spectre, Well theres a technicality, If its not programming in c++ then its not allowed at all due to a technical glitch!

I guess talking about telnet is fine but java coding is not LOL, Some of you would make good lawyers in the US but UK law is fuzzier, its all jury dependant though and if everyone insisted that I never speak of java here again I wouldnt.
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
I cant log into FTP or port 80 either, this would be the place to make it okay to open port 80, i think im allowed to log into port 21 so long as i dont anonymously log in, not that I know how, I dont really want to hack i just want to make a "post shit" tool :P
There is no "log in" involved.

Look at this example:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Http_request_telnet_ubuntu.png
Taken from the Wikipedia article on HTTP. It works on Windows, in case you were curious. You might have to go to control panel -> add or remove programs -> add or remove windows features -> and tick the "telnet" box in order to use telnet (it isn't always installed and activated by default)
Last edited on
trying to connect port 80 disconnects me :/
Last edited on
telnet crashes when I log into any port 80! I think the devil is in my computer, I should smash it all up
I think the devil is in my computer, I should smash it all up

Do it devon!
@rapidcoder, Im closer thanks to your wise words of wisdom :D I used my code to log into the url on port 80 and BOOM strange ass results that arn't normal failure at all, so I get it what you mean now, but still no success, I have to use something a better webserver to read the results.

@catfish, thanks to the break through I dont have to smashify the computer ^_^ yayyy
Oh no wait...im a moron.
HELP: Port 80 is closed! but if it can be done in the form of a form surely then it can be done!? maybe on the same port as im allready connected to the page on? after all it does say post to this page.
If port 80 was 'closed' then you wouldn't be able even browse the internet or post here.

Note: HTTP is port 80, HTTPS is a different port. I'll just leave you alone with your best friend Google...
I mean thanks LB :)
Last edited on
@devonrevenge are you still trying to complete the hackthis level or working on something else?
I made a sdl program in between (with bunnies :D)

but sort of, I know that I can send a form but that's too easy (I accidentally came across the answer, I didn't have the knowledge) but I thought all i had to do was send a post request to a php file, I find I can't let things go once im half there so thankfully rapidcoder told me to study telnet and protocol, I learnt a lot in a few short hours

but yes, im still trying to make the "post shit tool", although when I finish it, it will be a lot more sophistaicated that what i originally posted (if what I want is even possible)
I wonder if it is a login issue (if your not logged into the site how will it know you completed the task?
thats a good point a link will take you to a login screen, so i may have been posting everything to the main bloody page, whats the approach to log in first, is it cookies? do i type user and pass, im i too far in the deep end too soon?

I should get myscript.php working first though, so I have still had no success with something simpler :/

I cant log into port 80 with telnet on my own website either!
devonrevenge wrote:
if everyone insisted that I never speak of java here again I wouldnt.

For the technicality I pointed out not everyone can insist on that because of that fact. Until admin corrects it and either says the lounge is for other conversations excluding programming or in addition to programming topics it is an interpretation-al argument as those, like Catfish, who don't want to see any other programming questions here will interpret it as excluding while others who don't care one way or the other will interpret it as in addition to programming (meaning Java/Python/etc questions in lounge).

It falls on admin to straighten this out so that there is no interpretation to the rules. I mean, you wouldn't want a law that says you shouldn't bully anyone other than programmers because then you are left to those who interpret it as "we shouldn't bully anyone including programmers" or "we shouldn't bully anyone except programmers". Admin needs to fix it so that it is iron clad and leaves no room for interpretation. I've messaged him when this issue came up last time and he never bothered removing the interpretation issue. I'm going to message him again and see if we can get this cleared up so we don't have this issue come up with every language thread that springs up in lounge.
Is there a such thing as not being able to log into 80 or 443 in telnet due to settings being wrong on your own box?

www.hackthis.co.uk 443 with telnet is the same as port 80, it logs out straight away, my own website does the same, so it could be my settings

@spectre, maybe rather than an other languages page we can have an irelivvant stupid or sureal one instead and this forum can be used for non c++ technicle things
maybe rather than an other languages page we can have an irelivvant stupid or sureal one instead and this forum can be used for non c++ technicle things

Or maybe, you could post your technical question somewhere else, like a forum where it actually belongs.
@catfish, fortunately there still is a fine line between irrelevant stupid and surreal and my understanding of other languages so I think I can still post here :P
@spectre, maybe rather than an other languages page we can have an irelivvant stupid or sureal one instead and this forum can be used for non c++ technicle things

No, this site doesn't need more forums, but I feel the rule here can be interpreted two ways and would like admin to solidify the proper interpretation so this is no longer an issue for future users.
That would make either me or catfish happy, I hope theres middle ground like there is at the moment.
Pages: 123456