Lounge - April 2013 (Page 2)

Homemade RC Engine/Homemade Gokart (1,2)

I really want to get back into physical handiness and not be some no life programmer the whole time(Not that programmers are no-lifes). So, what I want to do wa...
[21 replies] Last: I think RC kits ruin the purpose. @ Modshop - Seems like a good idea.... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Which c++ book do you guys recommend?

intermediate +
[2 replies] Last: I new holding onto this link would come in handy: tinyurl.com/so-cxxbo... (by Lachlan Easton)
Why can't my imaginary video game system have a Wikipedia page?

And why does Xbox's known and announced 720 not have a Wiki, but PS4 does already, and has for about a week or so now? I realize Wiki needs sources, but even...
[1 reply] : Xbox does not have one because Microsoft have not officially released ... (by Zaita)
by LB
Who else uses clang++?

http://i.imgur.com/QBuvxPb.png I've noticed a lot of people haven't even heard of clang. It has by far the best C++11 support and it's error messages like th...
[16 replies] Last: Is this supposed to be rude? You're asking? You are over-analyzing t... (by Catfish4)
Any one woke up in an exit less room and been forced to solve puzzles for freedom?

I have it was AMAZING :D dont start to near to bed time you wont want to sleep http://neutralxe.net/esc/vision_play.html that was sooo fun. Im going to bu...
[16 replies] Last: I just played Sphere (Vision's older brother). Like Vision it is aweso... (by Script Coder)
Is bumping bad practice

As the title says, what is your guys' opinion?
[5 replies] Last: I've seen people post solved threads with no additional questions. Jus... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Tiffy
Which of these programs do you think would be cooler?

1.A binary search tree program that can find certain series of ASCII characters from text files placed in specific directories, and can use these characters t...
[2 replies] Last: Option 1 and 2. A binary search program that runs on a bare machine :P (by Script Coder)
by LB
Prepare to be horrified

Challenge: see if you can figure out why it crashes. ;p #include <iostream> #include <memory> #include <map> #include <typeinfo> #include <typeindex> #incl...
[12 replies] Last: I guess it makes sense that an implementation is allowed to make deriv... (by LB)
Anyone want to join my Minecraft server?

Hey I have recently gotten my Minecraft server up and I was wondering if anyone would like to join it. The server ip is sc37.servercraft.co:12641 and we are up...
[no replies]
Boston (1,2,3,4)

Just wanted to send out my prayers to anyone from Boston. Hope no one here or their families were at the race today :(
[71 replies] Last: the vatican has huge shares in arms, the world is totaly not what it s... (by devonrevenge)
by Disch
Random pet peeve: '\0' (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

I don't like when I see code like this: foo = '\0'; // or if(foo != '\0') I was going to write a rant to explain the reasons why I don't like ...
[124 replies] Last: IC? Integrated Circuits? YOU DON'T LIKE EM? :C (by S G H)
asteroids game (1,2,3)

A somewhat basic asteroids game that I made (with some help, see link below). It is in C++ and utilizes SDL. The repository is Mercurial (because I like tor...
[46 replies] Last: I changed it so it is both linux and windows compatible. You still ne... (by Michaela Elise)
"Impove your programs"

hey everyone I has these days a fever called "Improve your progams" .So many questions I have and I hope to get some answers . I : If I have a for loop as thi...
[12 replies] Last: I prefer to write something like: const size_t bfSize(strlen(szBuffer... (by MiiNiPaa)
Share premium account with me

Does anyone have a premium account to this site that could be shared with me? This site i mean: http://www.directxtutorial.com/ PM me if you could share with ...
[1 reply] : I'm pretty sure account sharing is illegal. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Git Help

I really want to contribute to the ChessPlusPlus Project,but I have two problems that I would like you guys to help me solve please. 1) I have no idea how to u...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=Script Coder]Also, I still have no idea what to contribute to t... (by LB)
SDL - Lags like **** (1,2)

Well, thanks to all your guys' help, I've managed to create a mostly clean game engine, minus a few bugs. Once I'm done with this, I'm going to adapt all my pro...
[39 replies] Last: desk << face; (by Lachlan Easton)
APL

Hi, could somebody suggest a development platform (can i say compiler?) for APL? Preferably free and runs in windows xp ~ other than Nars2000, Dyalog and APLX
[4 replies] Last: Thanks -- now i just need to test them and then make a report. Any oth... (by GaGoKoYa)
by LB
Why I am concerned for our society (1,2)

So I got this PM:[quote=searchprogrammer]Hey, do you do c++ programs for money? I have a program I need done by Thursday, it should not be anything too challeng...
[21 replies] Last: Yeah, these are the guys that write software like that program that me... (by chrisname)
What is the hardest thing in C++? (1,2,3,4)

Hello, I was wondering how hard programming can really get. Im not trying to get ahead of myself, Im still learning stuff at my level, but I was thinking about ...
[62 replies] Last: I haven't been programming for too long (about 2/3 of the way through ... (by agnophilo)
by LB
I just found something cool

It has the word "C++11" in its description :D https://github.com/r-lyeh/tracey/blob/master/sample.cc
[4 replies] Last: im sure its the beginning of something beautiful (by devonrevenge)
April 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.