Lounge - April 2013 (Page 5)

How much do programmers really get paid? (1,2,3)

I am 16 and whenever at school i get asked what i want to be i say computer programmer! However looking at the median pay for a programmer is 90,000....which i...
[47 replies] Last: I was suspecting our troll was reading this topic once I noticed the r... (by S G H)
Java Beginner Button

I need help with my button in Java. I tried registering at the java programming forums but for someone reason when I press complete registration its says it doe...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/java Go there, and never co... (by Catfish3)
Article on using code tags

I have written a detailed article on using code tags. http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ It is still in the draft status. New users - please read ...
[6 replies] Last: I knew that this article already existed. I made my own because it is ... (by eklavya sharma 2)
Leaving Cplusplus.com (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

Hi, I am leaving Cplusplus.com for a long time now I will probably never be back.I am now going to start concentrating on Studies and Programming but more on...
[157 replies] Last: great you got pong, now do pinball, BTW what ever happened to that che... (by devonrevenge)
FIRST

So, this year I have the good fortune of being the mentor of a FIRST team (if you don't know what this is, don't answer (aimed at trolls)). I was wondering if a...
[18 replies] Last: that night cost him enough over time, then he will be too poor to trol... (by devonrevenge)
wat is harder to learn chemestry or electric engineering?

give openiens on it please i am cureus
[16 replies] Last: hmph maybe it was using them in context,. I might go back to it now, ... (by devonrevenge)
Does anyone here think this makes me a bad person(read for more info)?

Okay, so I won't say what happens at home, or anything crystal clear in my personal life, but let's say I don't live an "ok" life. Simple? Good. Let's keep it t...
[12 replies] Last: I though he might be pulling the wool over our eyes... (by Script Coder)
can an oldie start a career in programming

hi i am 34 years of age and just found out (very late i know) that my present career of management is just not for me. I love algorithms and logic and hence...
[15 replies] Last: I like that a lot LB (by devonrevenge)
SDL Movement Failure.

Hi I have a problem with SDL. I actually made a video, here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3bD20PlQ8&feature=youtu.be Alright. Once you watched the...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks. I made a working HUD and everything thanks to you. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Art

I'm not an artist or anything but I made this for my game http://prntscr.com/yz3h1 (DON'T STEAL IT) I wonder what you think about it. I'm thinking about doing m...
[12 replies] Last: Ill just make a new topic (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
24-bit "short long"

A few years ago I mentioned on these forums that I work with a compiler on my school robotics team that has a 24-bit "short long" data type. Well, I've finally ...
[15 replies] Last: First attempt: C:\Program Files\Intelitek\easyC V2 for Vex\Mcc18\bin>m... (by LB)
Beginner vs. General

How are people supposed to decide whether they should post in beginner or general? Any criteria for this?
[6 replies] Last: Im am going to wait till i graduate till im confident enough to post a... (by devonrevenge)
by Dimond
Just starting with C++

Greeting Programs! I'm trying to get back into programming. I first started programming back in 1993 using Cobol and Ada. I have since long forgotten program...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both for your input. Really opening my eyes to some things a... (by Dimond)
Cancel...

Are you sure you want to cancel this action? Click ‘Continue’ to cancel the current action or ‘Cancel’ to continue. ...
[10 replies] Last: Make sure you don't lose your pointer to the prisoner, otherwise you'l... (by chrisname)
Java sucks... But seriously (1,2,3)

I'm just trying to create an array of queues of strings. But no luck. It's something to do with Java generics I believe. I've tried: ArrayBlockingQueue<Stri...
[51 replies] Last: Yeah, I know. The same problem is Graphics2 devonrevenge mentioned. I'... (by rapidcoder)
Is there a way in which us programming types can contribute to saving earth from ecological/economic disaster? (1,2)

I think we are heading to some kind of ecological or economic disaster I would like to hear what you guys think about that statement because you all seem very ...
[22 replies] Last: I was wondering if there was something that computer programmers can d... (by devonrevenge)
do those "technical workers" thinkt ehhy're stmart than me?

i had a debate one against a woamn on the phone who said that she was a tecnichal worker and she kept giving me atittude about computer troubleshoo on woindos a...
[9 replies] Last: this thread was doomed from the start. end.. (by DeXecipher)
What programming language is Assembly written in?

For example, the x86 family of Intel has different microarchitectures, instruction set architectures, and different chips(i.e. microprocessors). Who or how i...
[5 replies] Last: Here's what I found: Opcode mnemonics and extended mnemonics: In... (by Oria)
by LB
The True Science of Parallel Universes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywn2Lz5zmYg They're all quite believable, but I think a combination of the first and third is most likely. What do you think?
[no replies]
by LB
To brace, or not to brace (1,2)

For one-liners , which do you prefer? (ignore the placement of braces) if(stuffdota()) { stuffdotb(); } else { stuffdotc(); } if(stuffdota()) stuf...
[35 replies] Last: I'm not very consistent when it comes to this. I try to be within one ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.