Lounge - April 2016

If you could learn anything about computing, what would it be?

Here's a neat question, what do you want to know about computing/hacking? It's a particularly interesting question because I can safely assume that you're all t...
[3 replies] Last: what do you want to know about computing/hacking? Everything.... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Free OpenGL lessons?

Does anyone know where I can find some OpenGL lessons for free? I need it to be possible to do it from my Iphone because I'm away from home most of my day an...
[6 replies] Last: As mentioned, NeHe is well out of date now. http://learnopengl.com/#!... (by Moschops)
by kakaa
this one was bad advice..

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/deque/deque/erase/ just saying..maybe call the iterators "begin" and "end", or at least don't call the second one "last" w...
[3 replies] Last: You can also get all the contents of a Vector or an Array with an for ... (by closed account 1vD3vCM9)
by daym
About GUI

C++ doesn't seem to have a simple and a single consolidated way to make windows and work on graphics and GUI and all, when I search on youtube, I find many tuto...
[11 replies] Last: GLEW and SDL has to do with creating graphics contexts and windows. It... (by NoXzema)
How do I research CS trends in video game emulation + scripting?

I have come up with pretty much the absolute best idea ever which is going to blow minds. The only problem is, I either need to create my own scripting language...
[12 replies] Last: I know, but it's very hard to find the words that I'm looking for. Is ... (by RealGiganitris)
by Ozzy69
I have a doubt in piper

Hello, I have a doubt this piper: http://jorlin.scripts.mit.edu/docs/publications/98-FastNeighborhood.pdf I dont know if here is right local for put this doub...
[1 reply] : k is the input value to the function. So if k = 17, then the output i... (by Moschops)
by kind9
Someone told me that Linux is "stuck in the dark ages" because of POSIX...

I told him that POSIX has been essential in the success of Linux and continues to be important for portable software. He doesn't accept this and stands by his s...
[5 replies] Last: Linux isn't a POSIX compliant kernel. It implements all (?) of the POS... (by NoXzema)
by axtyax
Feature maps for a Convolutional Neural Network

I am currently trying to implement a convolutional neural network in C++, but since I have no formal education in signal processing, image classification, or an...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks I had never heard of the laplacian filter. It sounds like somet... (by axtyax)
trigonometric problem

Hello. I need to solve this: (cotg18*cotg12)/(sqrt(3))-(cotg18+cotg12) Thank you in advance.
[12 replies] Last: Wasn't that a Beatles number? (by Chervil)
Would you please recommend me a begginer book?

I have tried and failed to start studying C++ language, because all the books and tutorials I tried were revealed later too old or pretty wrong. So this time I...
[8 replies] Last: Read "Jumping Into C++", tutorials on the internet. (by closed account 1vD3vCM9)
Code review - <random> library user-created toolkit

Several month ago I had downloaded a technical paper (pdf) on random number generation in C++11 and have been digesting the contents. The paper: http://www.o...
[5 replies] Last: Is this really comparable to climbing a mountain? I think it's closer ... (by helios)
University choosing in US

I am a international student studying college in America. The career I want to be are programmer for games/for systems/ for applications. I want some advice a...
[2 replies] Last: I am a international student studying college in America. The career... (by htirwin)
Restarting Projects

So I've been working on my little GUI library quite a bit, everything was working great- up until I tried to make a realtime window a child of a non-realtime wi...
[7 replies] Last: Computer programming is a light-hearted endeavor unless you have a hor... (by DedicatedGamer)
Chapter 5: STACKS Data Structures

Develop an expression manager that can do a balanced symbol check. Your program will read three different mathematical expressions from the user that are the...
[5 replies] Last: Also note that here: cout << "\nMismatch found :" << data << " at "... (by cire)
Where to find people like me?

I feel like I'm the only human being in this entire universe who has actually has an interest in the inner workings of computers/the internet/whatever. I've sea...
[13 replies] Last: I feel exactly the same (almost insanely). I'm most interested in the ... (by CLman94)
Metered BLUETOOTH connection?

I tried pairing my new bluetooth headphones (PBHS3) with my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit), but the connection was interrupted due to a metered bluetooth connection? [...
[1 reply] : See the last item at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/met... (by cire)
slow to connect to internet

I didn't know if any one else ran into this problem. I dual boot on my laptop with windows 10 and linux 14.04. Its very quick on windows 10, but when i boot int...
[3 replies] Last: 1 - 3 minutes to connect almost sounds like a timeout issue. How liter... (by Computergeek01)
by g3n0m3
need Ideeas for backtracking programs

I'm have some sort of "assigment" and I have to write theory and code applications of backtracking technique. What I have done so far is some combinatorics p...
[1 reply] : You could try a game emulator. Something like "Go" would be an interes... (by Computergeek01)
Anyone interested in this project?

I just published a project to github, and was wondering if there's any interest in it. Let me know what you think as well. Feedback and contributions are welc...
[10 replies] Last: @MikeBoy, @IWishIKnew, what I have heard so far about boost is actual... (by Thomas1965)
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.