Lounge - April 2017

Technical Debt Survey For Bachelor Thesis

Hi, I'm doing research about technical debt for my Bachelor Thesis, so i set up a survey for programmers,testers and designers. I would really appreciated yo...
[no replies]
Python Vs C++

I am a beginner in C++,nowadays c++ is kind of boring for me right now,Bcoz of the lack of Good Tutors, > I wanted to create an Antivirus,should i use c++ or P...
[2 replies] Last: Some general hints about antivirus software: http://www.adlice.com/mak... (by Thomas1965)
Techniques for Game developing

Hello there, I'm looking for good algorithms and techniques for game developing. I will learn some basic things like efficient collision detecting, handling sp...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Zereo. I will take a look at the content preview supplied by... (by nuderobmonkey)
Whats your opinion?

What is your opinion of people deleting their questions after them being asked? I only ask this because I know the purpose is to help EVERYONE but it has come...
[6 replies] Last: No worries. And thank you very much!! The code is working properly how... (by closed account EACfGNh0)
by zxcvbn
RS485 Pinout when using PyModbus

I am trying to control a RS-485 RTU device (Love 16C-3) using a Python script (pymodbus library) that runs on a Windows 10 PC. The hardware is connected to the ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=CodeMonkey]RS-232 has a minimum of three wires for full duplex.... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Firefox source code online

The source code for the Mozilla Firefox browser is there for online browsing. https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/
[1 reply] : that's cool. (by closed account GTbMSL3A)
Need a programming partner-US east coast

Hello all, I am an inexperienced programmer, I just learned everything from the books, and haven't really done any real projects. My area is actually finance a...
[3 replies] Last: I'm also interested in that. Inbox me. I am an advanced-intermediate C... (by CroCo)
by Disch
Help with modern GUIs?

Hey everyone, I've been away a long time, but I recently was able to find some time to pick up a new programming project and thought I would ask you guys for ad...
[8 replies] Last: i've heard GUIs are hard to debug. (by closed account GTbMSL3A)
cup game program

hi friends i have to create a program which generates 6 random numbers and gives 3 tries to the user after which it will display that you have lose the game in ...
[1 reply] : I like playing cup games with people's cups. the program's quite hard... (by closed account GTbMSL3A)
Programming Discord

For anyone who is interested in a discord that is open to many languages outside of C++, but still including c++, this is the place to go. We're new, and tryin...
[2 replies] Last: For the benefit of any readers. This Programming Discord server and ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Dark sides of the games industry

I am writing a research essay about ethical/social issues related to jobs in the games industry. I've never worked in the games industry so I do not know much d...
[1 reply] : A comprehensive topic you could talk about are what responsibility the... (by Ganado)
by helios
Streaming over TCP

Suppose an abstract stream class has the following definition: class ClientStream{ public: size_t read(void *buffer, size_t size); void seek(size_t po...
[8 replies] Last: Alright then. (by toad)
Web servers and user timing

The title is a little confusing so let me explain. I'm making a HTML text based game that sits on a web server and the web server connects to a MySQL database. ...
[3 replies] Last: I guess it would depend solely on your specific project and use case. ... (by Z e r e o)
Where to learn A*

Hello, does anyone know of a website, book, course, or video tutorial that teaches A* and actually implements it? Most articles only explains what A* is and the...
[3 replies] Last: I almost bought the ebook version of that, but I can't afford the $60.... (by BHX)
An open source utility library

I want to share this library I'm making in c++ on BitBucket. You'll find any info inside the repository: https://Taglialegna@bitbucket.org/Taglialegna/utilit...
[2 replies] Last: util::normalize() divides by zero if all elements in the input are zer... (by helios)
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.