Lounge - August 2013 (Page 6)

Cheap Windows Laptop

I'd like a laptop that could run Mount and Blade Warband on decent settings, and that's good for programming. The cheaper the better. The laptop should ha...
[19 replies] Last: arent the lenovos the "ripoffs"? i could be wrong, but i was under the... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Visual C#

So I'm thinking of starting to learn visual C# on visual studios 2012. My question is: should I first learn how to program comfortably in console or can I jump ...
[3 replies] Last: ^Thanks guys! I think I might get a good handle on console programming... (by Group of Eight)
Cool git/mercrial GUI program

So for anyone that is having problems getting familiar with git or another version control software like mercurial there is the neat software called SourceTree ...
[2 replies] Last: @Zereo While I haven't used it, it does look good. I may try it out in... (by Script Coder)
Sunday Decryption Challenge - trivial

You get two files. Mash them together with XOR. The challenge lies in that you must write the program yourself! http://www.putlocker.com/file/615F1043E439B4...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Catfish4]The challenge lies in that you must ... keep this thr... (by Catfish4)
Sunday Decryption Challenge - trivial but possibly difficult

Just for giggles I thought I would see how long it would take for someone to come up with answer to this. FTTPHDZIQZTNDBQOERPUKPUKUKTDZFRTYUQUKPFUKTTZBQGPZJ...
[6 replies] Last: Just goes to show I am capable of stuffing anything up. I KNEW that I ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Ways to make money online! (1,2,3)

I know this might sound stupid..but I'm a 12 year old and I can't get money online...on my paypal for example ..is there any way of making a few bucks like 5 ju...
[40 replies] Last: Ok, If nothing else do chores. ;) (by Superdude)
Fredbill30 (1,2)

Well, I guess I was user banned for thread detrailing, I just really found out like 2 days ago but didn't really worry about it. And it wasn't against the te...
[28 replies] Last: Why do people hate Lindsay? I personally don't at all, though I thi... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
THE IT CROWD!!!!

sorry guys this is the only place i can post this where people will get it. I was watching the it crowd, and i know people totally like that. My favorite quote ...
[9 replies] Last: first rule of street countdown: we have to tell more people about it b... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Boost and VS2013

Just an FYI for anyone who uses or might use VS2013 and boost there is an issue with boost not recognizing VS2013's version. You can either apply a bunch of ...
[2 replies] Last: I heard a rumor that it will come out around the same time that window... (by htirwin)
what should a programmer do on his birthday? (Its my birthday on the 17th)

I need to plan in advance so I can get some people together or book something, but what is a thing that would further my programmerness, are there any programme...
[14 replies] Last: No no, and if I did why would I wear them?? (by devonrevenge)
Are you a pirate? (1,2,3)

This topic isn't promoting pirating, I'm just curious. Are you a pirate? I'm not FBI or anything. ;) Personally I first pirate games so I know if my PC is on...
[43 replies] Last: It's contextual. On social network sites, it's # hash tag. On phones... (by LB)
Getting in Better Shape

Doesn't seem the right place to ask this, but I need to get in better shape for Football and wrestling. I've been slacking in working out through the whole Summ...
[6 replies] Last: Well steroids = smaller testicles, and that's what I don't need :P I ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
features of a compiler

so i know ive been really "noobish" about compiler design, but now im getting seriuos. i bought the purple dragon book and its teaching me a lot. anyways, i jus...
[8 replies] Last: OOOooooh ooohhh automatic timeout makes me so MAD! ---- A module sho... (by Duthomhas)
CPP - default arguments in C89/C90

You can really abuse the CPP for some interesting stuff. It's stupid, but wiley. Like glaciers. (They sneak right up on you.) /* Starting with this stuf...
[4 replies] Last: Wow very nice Duoas. Thank you for that. (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Python Tutorials

I find it ironic I'm posting this, but I'm forced to learn Python. I have to write an exporter for blender to export in my personal 3D format, and I NEED to lea...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Suggestions for a good Discrete Mathematics book before starting Algorithms

I've picked up the basics of the C++11 language and I've decided to learn Algorithms. However, as soon as I started with 'Introduction to Algorithms', I felt th...
[1 reply] : Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications by Kenneth Rosen It's the ... (by htirwin)
by Disch
10000 posts? (1,2)

I was really debating whether or not to make a post like this. I decided to go ahead and do it because whynot. It's the lounge... nobody cares about the stuff...
[38 replies] Last: [quote=xerzi]Are you serious ? Yes. [quote=Disch]I've decided to do n... (by BHX)
Understanding point-segment distance formula

I've been trying to figure this out for two days. I'd like to ask a professor or something but I have no idea where to find one, so... This is the best (read: ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very very much. Using your formula and resource I was able t... (by maeriden)
whats the status of the c++ monthly competition idea guys?? (1,2,3,4,5)

It was going great, i want more, whats happening? who won the last one? I heard things but i don't know if they are real
[92 replies] Last: i was making a joke. (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Mmmmm

Did any of you get this email? Hi Dear Friend I am an affiliate on revenyou a PPI {pay per Install} network. I found your email from a forums that is be...
[10 replies] Last: he was eating some really good food at the time of making the topic (by Paoletti301)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 45678
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.