Lounge - August 2013 (Page 7)

translated right?

so im learning the basics of compiler design from this site: http://compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/tutor1.txt and it gave me this code (which can be found at the b...
[18 replies] Last: you shouldnt base anything off post count. i post a lot in lounge. im ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
anyone else get this email?

i got this email from what im assuming is this site (i do have my profile open to public). im just wandering if its a scam or not. im not doing it either way, j...
[2 replies] Last: thanks. idk why i didnt see the other thread (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
what would you like in a game engine? (1,2)

i'm starting to work on my own game engine and i need suggestions. what would you like in a game engine?
[25 replies] Last: Does that take up less RAM? And I'm having trouble with OpenGL's "cli... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
3D game engines (1,2)

I'm looking to learn 3D game development. The engine has to run on Linux and Windows (and preferably other platforms) without much trouble. It also needs to be ...
[35 replies] Last: Even though ogre3d is free to use, they would still like some money. ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by heepoo
questions related to TortisSVN

hi everyone! i want to upload my project on Google Code using TortisSvn so what i should i do? when i want to checkout using https, it give's error about you...
[no replies]
Good Linux distribution (1,2)

I have been using Windows since I got my first computer. I have decided to try out Linux. I have looked at ubuntu, it looks great, but I wondering if there wa...
[25 replies] Last: You don't need an actual cd, all you need is a flashdrive. I have used... (by Smac89)
Maratis 3D Game Engine

I recently discovered something on accident. There are many who have not heard of the 3D game engine known as Maratis. Maratis is a free and open-source game...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that's an alternative I may take into account. Will surely downl... (by S G H)
reference bug report : normal_distribution::min()

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/random/normal_distribution/min/ This says follow: Return value numeric_limits<result_type>::min() Return value shou...
[4 replies] Last: @Catfish4 Thank you for report link. I'll report the bug. @naraku9333... (by Akira Takahashi)
Laptop charger broken

Hi there i just wanted to know if anyone knew how to fix a laptop charger..so the mouth or male part (that goes in the hole of the laptop battery) is broken....
[8 replies] Last: may i recommend not leaving your charger on the carpet or covered by d... (by devonrevenge)
weird new preprocessor tokens?

I was on facebook today, and i think a bunch of people learned a new programming language that has operators like ikr, lol, rofl, brb, and jk. ive also seen pre...
[9 replies] Last: ^ i should report you (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
weird token names?

so this is a serious post (not like my http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/107706/ post). i was wondering why they used some of the names they did for c++ or ...
[8 replies] Last: Why not go all out? int -> p = @i; (by cire)
version two of this site?

i dont know if this was an old version or its one being currently worked on, but i was looking at an old post on building an interpreter, and accidently clicked...
[3 replies] Last: ok thanks (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How do professional developers solve their problems?

I often wonder how professional developers, who work for a top companies like Microsoft, solve their problems. Do they turn to internet forums for advice and po...
[17 replies] Last: There are such things as 1) technical assignment; 2) team discussion; ... (by vlad from moscow)
Getting started as an indie developer

hi i've always wanted to make games. I've just watched indie game the movie and indie game the movie dlc and i feel really inspired. I already know c++ and the ...
[10 replies] Last: thanks for all the advice guys. I would like to hear other peoples opi... (by sam dhillon)
Laptop (1,2)

Hey guys what would be the best specs for a laptop for daily work and gaming?
[26 replies] Last: The key thing with laptops I have found is A) Never buy at the big box... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Your best 2d Graphics and 3d Graphics

Hey all, I had some great times with SFML last 2 weeks, it makes my simple programs look more user friendly, better the the <windows.h> lib any way I was wound...
[1 reply] : I like Allegro, you don't hear much about it around here, but I've use... (by twiggystardust)
by wgkrd
Is here anyone wants to study chinese?

Hi everyone,I come from china. and now I still live in china. I am a programer,and work in a software company. Actually I want find a effective way how to speck...
[5 replies] Last: Lol Well if someone wants to learn mandarin they can here (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Strange problems after playing Sleeping Dogs

I was just playing the game Sleeping Dogs when it crashed without warning. Afterwards, Steam started playing up (clicking on menu buttons brought up a black men...
[3 replies] Last: You should have seen the game when it first came out! For almost 60% o... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Excellent sites (1,2,3)

In this thread, I invite you to share your favorite sites, mainly relating to C and C++, or containing tutorials with code written in C or C++. http://www.cplus...
[55 replies] Last: Yeah I used their contact link and sent an email to them for both fixe... (by BHX)
windows assembly?

so back when i first began programming, i told myself i was going to make a programming language. of course back then i couldnt, because i hadnt even learned ho...
[18 replies] Last: That's lunate epsilon. (by chrisname)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 5678
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.