Lounge - August 2013 (Page 8)

Buying the C++ standard?

Hello. Should I buy the C++ standard? Should I go for C++11 or wait for C++14? Should I go for electronic, paper, or both? Or is the free draft good enough? ...
[15 replies] Last: thanks JLBorges, that was convenient. (by Manga)
looping

how to make a triangle using the asterisk(*). help e!!!
[6 replies] Last: It's probably easiest to do that way though, although a recursive solu... (by chrisname)
VS 2012

So I finally when and got VS 2012 Express so I can try out new C++11 features like auto. Unfortunately, it crashes whenever I start it up, which is odd becau...
[3 replies] Last: VS 2013 should be out soon and it will be better than VS 2012 with reg... (by Catfish4)
journymans license + codings jobs?

so i dont know how many of you remember when i first came here, but i was attacked (and rightly so looking back) on char*s vs strings and that one thread where ...
[11 replies] Last: why did they hate it? (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Java help

Hey all I am having problems opening an access db from java. Here is my code, errors at the bottom. import java.sql.*; public class Employees { public...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help naraku. I have found the error and corrected i... (by Script Coder)
How do they know my ip while behind a proxy

Hello there, Well I just setup a proxy to hide myself, but when i search "my ip" and click first link it know my real ip and the ip im hiding behind And it's a...
[6 replies] Last: @catfish yea I have used it but does it work when u are using another ... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
I need quick advice!

Please, I think my computer is infected with a virus. Symptoms: -Antivirus crashed and won't restart -Browser pages turn blank and plugins crashing being u...
[6 replies] Last: Decided to format. (by Code Apperentice)
What music to listen to while programming? (1,2)

Well people here have brothers/sisters/kids or other people that make noise and distract them..i would like to know music that is nice,not distracting,,,and cal...
[31 replies] Last: Queen, Rolling Stones (well Paint it Black), and Metallica are my favs... (by BHX)
BBS

Were Bulletin Board Systems not as popular in the late 80s early 90s as I thought they were? I have a small circle of friends who I met BBSing. I realize not a...
[19 replies] Last: I just wanted to rehash memories of LORD.. :) (by Chris Meyer)
So, my moped was stolen this morning

It was chained to a concrete support pillar and everything. It's also my only means of transportation and without it I will be incapable of being available to w...
[6 replies] Last: Lol.. Call police ....get a GPS stuck under it next time (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
What is better: Proxy or VPN

Hi there, I was wondering what is better proxies or VPN. I just need to stay anonymous while surfing and downloading. I heard some VPNs have a log an...
[11 replies] Last: run a VM if you are that concerned about dos attacks. ???... (by helios)
python is amazing!!

today i just got into python and my lord it is amazing!!! it's so productive!
[7 replies] Last: @Disch my bad had'nt been on here in a while didn't know someone else ... (by supperpiccle)
Continue C++

(This is not a question of whether C++ is worth learning / dropping) My high school offers three levels of programming. I took the first on this year, which ...
[3 replies] Last: I see really no reason why you couldn't try learning both languages at... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Training courses

Evening all, Wondering what learning course you guys would recommend for a programmer? I have a Computing BSc degree and program daily in c++ at my job and a bi...
[no replies]
allegro 4 like sdl 1.*?

so im going to try my hand at allegro and see if i like it better than sdl, and saw on their list of tutorials that it said most were for allegro 4 (with the on...
[no replies]
streaming radio stations on my pc?

so i want to win this radio contest, but i will be at work when i believe its going to happen. they dont have an app or a site that streams music. is there a wa...
[1 reply] : Kind of hard to know without knowing the radio station. I know in the ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
C++ vs. C# (1,2)

I was wondering how different C++ and C# are, I've heard that C# is wonderful for game programming and was wondering if it would be relativly easy to learn alre...
[23 replies] Last: Read an interesting related article recently (to memory management not... (by Lachlan Easton)
Who here has a job as a programmer (1,2)

Just curious
[25 replies] Last: @cubbi: why not cs just out of curiousity? (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
windows, mac, or linux? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

which one do you prefer?
[101 replies] Last: when I ask them what their problem is they almost always describe a p... (by firedraco)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 678
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.