Lounge - August 2016

Questions regarding inheritance and polymorphism

Hello, could anyone please help clarify several things for me regarding this topic? Here are some questions I have: Q.When we inherit the features of a derived...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you everybody, especially you Uk Marine. (by MultiMedia)
by BHX
Gene Wilder dies at age of 83

So, was sitting here thinking of all the movies I grew up watching and was curious if anyone here was also a fan of his work. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankens...
[1 reply] : R.I.P (by closed account EzCoLyTq)
SQRT delivers only one result (1,2,3)

it is mathematically incorrect that sqrt(9) is 3. it is -3 too! How do you handle this problem in your code?
[43 replies] Last: Folks, listen to helios, he's right :) One small note: the principal ... (by tition)
Another word checker

It can take a long time to check all anknown words in MS-Words especially the text is mixed with german, english and specific economy words. I wrote a little s...
[5 replies] Last: ok, I found the bug: char c = '’'; isalpha(c); throws this ex... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
HI Interpreter

I wrote a little interpreter for windows. It does not support much. + Functions not allowed + Structures not allowed + Overloaded functions not supported + Pos...
[5 replies] Last: Like Helios said, there are already many C++ interpreters. One I can ... (by JayhawkZombie)
by opengl
Can anybody tell me that mark.com is reliable or not?

I want to buy a domain name from mark.com. but I don't known whether it is reliable or not. thank you all
[1 reply] : I personally just find the cheapest host and manage my own DNS using s... (by NoXzema)
Image Processing

I am doing image processing with Pgm files.I need to know how to resize my PGM image in C or C++???
[5 replies] Last: At now i m using single C code ...!! (by sharjeel)
Input from devs out in the world

I know many of our fellow forum members are developers more experienced than myself, and I'd appreciate feedback from any developers as I reflect on some experi...
[4 replies] Last: I think the fear of failure and fear of asking for help comes from ou... (by JayhawkZombie)
chess engine prototype

Hello world, this is my version of a chess engine. It's simple, it's slow, it's incomplete, ... but it's my baby! ^^ restrictions: - no "en passant" - no k...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, thank you, gentleguy. This is my first bookmark. You're very kind!... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
forum under chrome?

Does forum work well under chrome? In my case i cannot press any of buttons below related to format...
[1 reply] : There is a bug where the format buttons cannot be used when a thread i... (by cire)
AI EPQ Question (1,2)

I'm currently doing an EPQ on to what extent the development of AI should be restricted in the future. As part of this, I need to get the opinions of as many pe...
[23 replies] Last: There probably isn't much to be gleaned from comparing education level... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
List Of All Algorithims For Everything

What would be a website that lists all real algorithms. Yes, I know the term algorithm is a very vague topic which is why I want A full list of probably at leas...
[9 replies] Last: Donald, I did that as an exercise to make sure somebody was concentrat... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Complicated question about Steam

I'm sorry for the title, I really don't know how to name this question. So, here we go. Let's say I have a Steam account with not a lot of games (maybe 3-...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that was fast. Thanks! (by Copyleft)
GNU General Public License version 2

Hello, I would like to proceed with a public publishing of a GNU General Public License version 2 application that I migrated from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visua...
[5 replies] Last: Why did you link to that thread? It says the same as nothing. So long... (by helios)
Just a question

I am about to download and install Visual C++ 2015 community. My computer only has 1Gb RAM. Is it sufficent? Also, is it flexible enough to support C++11 and...
[4 replies] Last: I hear that modern C++ compliers nowadays comsume lots of computer me... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Should I update my windows 7 to 10 (29 Jun deadline by microsoft)

Is upgrading to windows 10 worth it given that my PC already lags so much with windows 7? Also will this update offer developers and gamers anything?
[17 replies] Last: The latest version of Win 10 (Anniversary Edition, 1607) patches up Wi... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
laptop reccomendations

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for the school year. I used my old Toshiba satellite l855 s5309 for the first few programming classes and it was okay. It's star...
[5 replies] Last: I would go for a Lenovo ThinkPad. I would either get the X260 if you w... (by orangepeel367)
Is Snapchats timer implemented on server or client

I was just curious on how apps like Snapchat implement their timers. Is it implemented on the server or client side code. Could it be easily manipulated if it w...
[3 replies] Last: Every file has a creation time. Periodically cull files that are too ... (by Duthomhas)
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.