Lounge - December 2012 (Page 3)

Ubuntu VMWare login issue

I've been trying to log in to my Ubuntu VM at work and having no luck. I can login as guest just fine, but whenever I try to login as my user account, the scree...
[2 replies] Last: su username doesn't work as guest. Guest has no permissions really. I... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Commenting Scheme on Large Projects (1,2)

One of the things I've been reading a lot lately is how a lot of people fail to comment code on large projects, not always pertaining to C++ programmers, and th...
[38 replies] Last: [quote=Volatile Pulse]No, I meant like how variable data types line up... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Assembly code

First, I have some code : int main() { //printf("Number : %d", 10); __asm { push "Number : %d"; push 10; call printf; } } But I get several crazy compling e...
[15 replies] Last: I guess with assembly there is a narrow line between the language arch... (by hamsterman)
Vulgare variable names

I've seen a bunch of inappropriate variable names online. I was told by a teacher to never be cute like that, and I follow his advise. I was able to find some...
[11 replies] Last: hurhurhur varia balls only write dirty code if your bored on your own... (by devonrevenge)
How to Network for Projects

How do I get myself out there that I'm interested in doing something. I go to a university, not a large one with many experienced students my age, but I feel th...
[1 reply] : Find open source projects on sites like Github and Sourceforge and put... (by chrisname)
What are the biggest mistakes self taught programmers make? (1,2)

I will have to attend some kind of interview to get into uni; so in order to avoid being tricked into doing an unnecessary foundation year i will have to chat t...
[27 replies] Last: I am that self-taught guy (c and c++) and Im in a computer science pro... (by DeXecipher)
A simple question of probability (1,2)

I want to say this now before someone asks the question and sparks a firestorm of misunderstood maths. It might never happen, but if it does, the fires tend to ...
[30 replies] Last: I'm sorry guys, I still respect you, but wtf? @Moschops Effectively, ... (by Volatile Pulse)
How to Make a Tablet?

I was just wondering if anyone could point out any good tablet building tutorials or explain how to build a tablet. I've been interested in it for a while. An...
[1 reply] : I'v never looked into building a custom tablet, but I would imagine th... (by naraku9333)
Who came first?

Who was the first user on this site? Other than admin.
[8 replies] Last: Like I said, this site was: http://web.archive.org/web/200012130516/ht... (by hamsterman)
So much exclamation!!!!!!!!!!!1

Why do people do this? Is it just me, or does it send the impression that this person is yelling and very angry? http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/88183/
[8 replies] Last: @Scripter Don't you mean "What???????????????????????????????????????... (by Raezzor)
Data Serialization

I have a data file that I am trying to read into a program. The format looks very familiar, but I haven't quite been able to figure out what it is. Unfortunat...
[8 replies] Last: You did make me double check, but it is not formatted like xml. (by mfhiltabidel)
Boost!

Finally get myself Boost now that I have time to tinker again. Anyways, I'm sticking it on my Linux VM, performing an aptitude search leads to believe I want th...
[18 replies] Last: Hmm I didn't know this. I think I'm gonna look into this, would be eas... (by ResidentBiscuit)
How do you output assembly with gcc?

This question really is can you output assembly for a C or C++ program using gcc? And if so what dialect is it? If it can be done with gcc could you give...
[9 replies] Last: yes (by closed account iw0XoG1T)
by ljs
problems with making an installer for windows 7

Dear all, i have run into a problem when I wanted to distribute a c++ program i made to some colleages. I made a c++ program that uses the Qt library. specifi...
[no replies]
by zepher
How did the church make a comeback (1,2,3,...,9,10,11,12)

How did the church make a comeback from such big blunders like: the earth is flat we are at the center of the universe everything revolves around us...
[231 replies] Last: [quote=helios]Well, the name implies that it was more like a multitudi... (by BHX)
Source code section (1,2)

Source code of fully-functional programs made available through this website by our users. Coming soon Should we, uhh, code something? ...
[22 replies] Last: I'm pretty sure if you statically link the gcc and g++ libs, your pro... (by m4ster r0shi)
Linux Backtrack distro

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/ Anyone ever use this? It looks pretty awesome, and my work turned me down on installing it on my work machine (I work underne...
[3 replies] Last: Not to necro, but I just got this up and running. It's a pretty awesom... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Counting

4 men, 6 women, 3 spots to fill. A) One man and two women B) At least two men C) At least one person of each sex I can't get these, and I don't know w...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow I don't know how I overlooked that. Figures it was just some si... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Does anyone

Know anything about this? http://www.chinaz.com/mobile/2012/0807/267648_all.shtml Any info please?
[8 replies] Last: Why would you think this is a good investment? I didn't say I was g... (by jlillie89)
by LB
MinGW

I've often read that it is pronounced "ming double-you", but this seems counter-intuitive - it is capitalized M in G W , so shouldn't it be pronounced "min ge...
[16 replies] Last: @Luc Lieber All I had to do was install MinGW and then install the ve... (by LB)
December 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.