Lounge - December 2012 (Page 4)

Hey guys I just applied for a CS degree as a mature student, how much do you think i should know (1,2)

Im doing computer science :D cant wait two of options were artificial intelligence, i cant wait to study but im wondering if i know enough just yet? im past th...
[29 replies] Last: Hurr, Okay good point :) just will have to deal with my girlfreind in ... (by devonrevenge)
Best free sandboxing software

I tried sandboxie about 9 months ago, but realized that you need the premium version to get most of the features. I am wondering, is it still the best way to go...
[no replies]
Pick your brain? (Not literally) XD

Okay, this is mostly somewhat related to programming. I'm looking for someone with some free time (doesn't have to be immediately, but would like a respo...
[15 replies] Last: devonrevenge said: im going to make a pen out of house hold stu... (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
by Z feng
Very dumb question about JavaScript (1,2)

My friend asked me to look at the code of JavaScript she did why it is wrong, I didnt learn JavaScript, so could anyone help, it should be very easy JavaScript ...
[25 replies] Last: You forgot a double quote before myResult1 here: Result #1: <input... (by m4ster r0shi)
What do you have the hardest time implementing in c++ or in programming in general?

For me I have a VERY difficult time structuring my program to have functions, objects and everything else interface seamlessly with each other. Most of my time ...
[4 replies] Last: The biggest issue that I seem to have is ensuring cross-platform compi... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Proxychains

Anyone use it? I just got it earlier and been trying to get it up and running. Currently I just keep timing out on each server I have in the .conf file, even th...
[no replies]
by LB
One Meme Haiku (1,2)

One does not simply Write a haiku the first time And get it correct Edit: Just wanted to write it down before I forgot.
[31 replies] Last: AAhhaa thats really funny LB heres a thing what is a baby Modshop? a... (by devonrevenge)
coding xor socializing

say you had to choose; your feeling a bit of a coding buzz, you've got into something you like and its giving satisfying results, HOWEVER; Your best buddi...
[6 replies] Last: i wanted to re-ask the last question as xor but some of the conversati... (by devonrevenge)
Automated Turing Test Passer

I've written a program that can pass the Turing Test 100% of the time. It's very simple. I can't believe no-one has thought of this before. #include <fstream>...
[14 replies] Last: But the universe doesn't allow for the specification to be correct, so... (by chrisname)
Google+ group?

Anyone actually join this? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at the top of any board on this site)
[3 replies] Last: No, I have a Google+ account but only about two people I know use it, ... (by chrisname)
Help with Naming a Software Company

A life long friend of mine and myself are looking to start up a software company that will mainly deal in gaming, and mobile Apps. We are trying to agree on a n...
[19 replies] Last: wooh i love these, find an odd or old language and find the word for t... (by devonrevenge)
Assembly learning thread

Hi everyone now started learning Assembly... I don't know where the right start point is. I know a little bit of Assembly knowledge (through C ). I chose Fla...
[10 replies] Last: Yep, this is a similar situation as writing in assembly gives a consid... (by rapidcoder)
A Small Programming History Question

I was just wondering what the first programming language was and how it works. I want to know so I can understand how programming works more thoroughly. Thanks...
[2 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_programming_languages (by pogrady)
Best job's avaliable to a undergraduate of computer science

Hello, I want to get a bachelor of computer science because i find the topics discussed in university quite easy compared to other subjects and i was just w...
[3 replies] Last: Does anyone know what are the specific names for these kinds of jobs? (by crazyrussh)
Thinking of dropping a gameidea for an open C++ project

Hi! Been working for a few years on a game idea and learnt C++ because of it. but reading so much about open source and the wonders it does I'm thinking abou...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm yeah but I still need to find them and most of the game mechanics ... (by Jonas Wingren)
Intro

to C++. I have it at a community college. I'm wondering about your experience. How far did you cover up to in your intro course? Let me know :)
[2 replies] Last: We went from the the start like basic stuff data types then control st... (by jlillie89)
(Not So) General Knowledge Question

If there are clowns to the left of me and jokers to my right, where am I?
[9 replies] Last: Viewer discretion advised :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjoVtSjcB... (by Moschops)
by Mathes
solving a system of non-linear equations

Hey, I have a little mathematical question here. Suppose we have two matrices A and B (both of the dimension N x N). Now we want to check whether or not ano...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks hamsterman. Maybe I should check the English version of Wikipe... (by Mathes)
Best Marriage Proposal Ever

I've had the way I plan on proposing to my future wife planned since I was 16. I told it to a friend recently, they thought it was a great idea. I thought you a...
[11 replies] Last: I found an other one. <...> I'm not giving up on the first one just y... (by hamsterman)
File Reading Problem in c#

this is how my data in txt file is: 1--2--3-- 3-4-4-5-- -7-3-4--- 7--5--3-6 --7---4-- 3-2--4-5- ------3-- 2-6--7--- 4---4--3- is my c# code to do file...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.