Lounge - December 2012 (Page 6)

Cplusplus.com of HTML

Anybody know of a site that's like Cplusplus.com but for HTML?
[4 replies] Last: oh haha, just saw that. (by Sean Walker)
What is the secret to becoming the greatest programmer in the whole wide world? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

I want to be so good bjarn names his kids after me, i want to be so good i would be able to hack into the guvermint (not that i want to) i want to be able to ...
[107 replies] Last: [quote=rapidcoder]Oh, looks like another contest who writes the longes... (by Catfish3)
by cire
PM that made me shake my head.

Holy balls you are a dick! What do you want from me man? I'm just asking questions. Don't read the thread, don't reply if you don't like it. The question re...
[1 reply] : He must have been having a pretty bad day, some people get peeved when... (by Need4Sleep)
by BHX
Confidence Builders/Guidance Needed

I've been doing programming for years and I understand the language no problem. Unfortunately, it all falls apart when I try to do a project. I've heard a lot o...
[8 replies] Last: I've been doing project euler and made it to problem 5. It definitely ... (by BHX)
Simple (bad) Practice question

I remember (do not ask from where) reading that: #using namespace std is bad coding practice. Is it true?
[3 replies] Last: thank you :) (by Script Coder)
Free Coding! like free writing you just watch your fingers type and engage your mind as little as possible

Writers who get writers block practice freewriting in order to get into the flow again, but can coders who are creativley 'blocked'? It might be easier for t...
[3 replies] Last: no, lies, nonsense, drivel its completely possible, you wont be able t... (by devonrevenge)
Code style suggestion

It is said that my code is pretty bad (poorly-formatted, hard to read code, and bad awful code logic etc...) I chose VS2005 and I'm currently using the font fac...
[7 replies] Last: Don't take this the wrong way but I have now had a look at some of you... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Ubuntu Wireless Help

I have recently installed Ubuntu (12.10) and being an absolute newbie to ubuntu/linux am having problems. I have a belkin F7D4101 usb wireless device, that I ha...
[1 reply] : > Tried to install ndiswrapper (failed) ¿really? post the command and... (by ne555)
Raspberry Pi and Windows Dual Boot

If install the operating system Raspberry Pi, will it delete my Windows 7?
[8 replies] Last: You mean Linux, the Raspberry Pi's operating system is Linux, also, no... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
What time is it?

Hey just interested to know what time it is where you are. Maybe I am weird ( http://images.firstcovers.com/covers/userquotes/i/i_don%27t_suffer_from-6862.jpg...
[13 replies] Last: Like no one saw this coming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ZmJYkWLN... (by BHX)
Game Development (that's not useless)

Hello everyone, I read this article last night and thought that I'd share. There are so many game development articles out on the internet that are so broad an...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, wow. It actually is quantitative. It's the closest I've seen to nu... (by helios)
by helios
The amazing unrolled list

So, after trying all sorts of fancy tricks (threads, SSE math, object recycling) to lower my CPU usage to an acceptable level, it finally dawned on me what the ...
[no replies]
Who is spoonlicker!?

I recently read a post were someone mentioned spoonlicker, sounds like some kind of spammer... What have he done? Is there some history behind?
[2 replies] Last: Haha ok, I was just wondering what he was doing around the site, I hav... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
X86 ASM

I am working on a fun project, but need some help. How do you convert something like: mov $5, %eax into byte form that the computer can read. Does anyone ...
[12 replies] Last: its just I want to not have to depend on another/someone else's produ... (by helios)
Agility Pack Decendant function issue

public string getContent(string webAddress) { HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb web = new HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb(); HtmlDocument doc = web.Load(we...
[no replies]
After 12

I'm an Indian student about to finish 12th class and now I'm confused what to do next? I'm very interested in computer programming and want to do something in t...
[no replies]
Version control

What version control software do you use? Pros? Cons? Do you use it for work related (for the professional programmers here) or personal?
[3 replies] Last: I use Tortoise SVN. It works really well. For non-shared projects, ... (by Stewbond)
LRU vs FIFO page fault performance

So after some testing I've noticed some interesting results. Using the LRU page replacement algorithm hasn't really been yielding better results. Often enough i...
[7 replies] Last: I now understand a little more. I thought you were using different st... (by Script Coder)
Why so many Catfish? (1,2)

There is Catfish, Catfish2 and now there is also Catfish3. http://cplusplus.com/user/Catfish/ http://cplusplus.com/user/Catfish2/ http://cplusplus.com/user/C...
[29 replies] Last: mainly due to them having policies of only one account per user I'll... (by naraku9333)
confused on bit coins

my friend told me about bit coins so i went home to look then up. im still confused. first of all how do i start getting them? why would i give them to some one...
[7 replies] Last: what it does (to the best of my understanding) is solve an algorhythm ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 456
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.