Lounge - December 2013

Open-source Playstation 4 emulator project! (1,2,3)

I was browsing through SourceForge and found that there's a new project that intends on bringing a PS4 emulator into existence for x86-64 on Windows and Linux. ...
[47 replies] Last: Sirs, all the information and points brought up here as well as the so... (by closed account 91qLy60M)
C++ Challenges

Hi, I think its a great way to learn a programming language by solving programming challenges in the language you are learning. However there not much interest...
[3 replies] Last: Write the following program: Challenge 1: Knowledge required: - Ba... (by IWishIKnew)
by CDuck
Linux Mint is now only a Terminal

I accidentally uninstalled the GTK+ 2.0 libraries on my Linux Mint 15 OS. I installed gtk-2.0-dev, but that did not fix the problem. I need to get the files...
[2 replies] Last: Try booting of a live cd/usb and copying your files to another hard dr... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
VS 2012 Reset Project Settings

Since this really isn't C++, I'm posting it in the Lounge. I'm just wondering how I can reset project settings - I sort of screwed everything up.
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, fixed it. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Visual Studio 2013? Your Thoughts

Hi, I got VS2013 Ultimate (Full Version), and not to be negative or sound too arrogant but VS2013 is not too good in the sense that: - VS2013 is same as ...
[17 replies] Last: Maybe you can hypenate your old account? "Luke-Leber"? Maybe you can t... (by LB)
Oculus Rift (VR)

First of all, hey everyone, it's good to be back. If anyone remembers my old account (luc lieber). http://www.oculusvr.com/ Anyone else interested in vir...
[7 replies] Last: The software side of things is quite simple (for those already experie... (by Luke Leber deprecated)
Having Trouble Finding Programming Partner

This is the 4th time this happened to me, people don't want to be my programming partner because of my age. This is the Skype chat that I just had. He, like oth...
[19 replies] Last: I'm just a slacker and don't care much for college so most of my eveni... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by CDuck
wxWidgets or Qt?

I want to start learning how to program GUIs, I have tried to setup wxWidgets without success, but I will try again. My questions is: Should I use wxWidgets,...
[11 replies] Last: I am going to start learning how to use the Qt libraries. (by CDuck)
Learning a second language

So a while back, before I decided to learn C++, I started learning a little bit of Java, a friend of mine told me to learn C++, because "that's what real games ...
[5 replies] Last: There are more paradigms out there. For some adventures in programming... (by Cubbi)
warcraft 3 tournament

would anyone like to get a server running and play warcraft 3 together? it could be really fun
[2 replies] Last: Why not get GameRanger and play there? I am actually trying to finish ... (by Stormboy)
Understanding of the build process

I've continuously found people saying that some libraries are easier to install than others. I am at a loss as to how this is... most are already completely aut...
[12 replies] Last: Libraries are generally easy to build when your system is very similar... (by Telion)
I Need A Sound Library

I need a sound library for my game engine... I was thinking FMOD or OpenAL but can't decide. I eventually plan on selling my work but I don't have 1k to blas...
[8 replies] Last: Huh? EDIT: Just decided to use OpenAL Soft... if I come into trouble ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by LB
ChessPlusPlus progress (1,2,3,4,5)

The old thread is archived, so I can't post to it anymore: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/98693/5/ I've been steadily working on ChessPlusPlus for the p...
[87 replies] Last: We're currently deciding on using a new kind of resource manager and n... (by LB)
SYSCALL Instruction in x64 Processes

Hi, As this question is nothing relating to C\C++, I posted my question here. I have been lately debugging x64 applications call conventions in Wow64 Env...
[no replies]
Powering my Raspberry Pi

So I want to make my Raspberry Pi go mobile with a simple battery and charger. Problem is that I need to power more than just the Pi, I basically need 6 differ...
[10 replies] Last: @Satsuma: The voltage is the same for every device directly connected ... (by S G H)
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.

Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?...
[6 replies] Last: Im a strong believer of God! Im a Hindu and I love to worship all God... (by WindowsProgrammer777)
Whats next in c++ (1,2)

A third semester draws to a close easy A in objective oriented programming but i still don't get it was that all functions polymorphism , inheritance , filing ,...
[30 replies] Last: No offence but you could have just said Yes (by Sharan123)
by CDuck
C++ IDE and Compiler for Android Tablet (1,2)

Are there any IDEs and/or C++ Compilers for an Android Tablet? If so, please tell me the name of the software, where to find it (if it is not available in th...
[25 replies] Last: [quote=Zereo]Though I don't really get why people would want to code o... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Anyone know where I can find this?

Does anyone know where I can get a (very) cheap 640x480 LCD? Preferably one that's under 7 inches. I'm looking for one that doesn't consume too much mAh and ...
[18 replies] Last: [quote=Lumpkin]They're only like 20 bucks ... You mean "They're only ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Does www.mosync.com work (c++ framework for mobile) on your computer?

I found Mosync,a c++ framework for mobile platforms.I wanted to have a look yesterday,but my computer could't connect to it's homepage and still it can't. I won...
[1 reply] : Seems like Mosync AB filed for bankruptcy. (by Awareness)
December 2013 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.