Lounge - December 2013 (Page 2)

Bootloader loaded at memory location other than 0x00007c00

Recently I got interested in programming a bootloader. So I made a simple boot loader that would just check for the first 'filled' memory location starting fro...
[12 replies] Last: But why should it have gone in the spam box anyways Well spam filte... (by Catfish666)
ATIV 500T Tablet: Booting up to recovery Drive

I know this isn't samsungs forums, and I am not sure if anyone here will kn0ow this, but I'm hoping I'll get lucky. I have a Samsung ATIV 500T tablet. It ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, well that's good to know. In any case, I still need to be able to... (by IWishIKnew)
HLSL Vertical distortion

I want to make vertical image distortion effect with HLSL. I have an example vid right here: http://fhost22.netau.net/distortion.mp4 I'd like to make it fullsc...
[6 replies] Last: There isn't that much of a different between GLSL and HLSL, they prett... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Help! Help! is just getting annoying (1,2)

Okay I kind of don't like people using the title help for there problem. For example I just clicked on a topic saying help! As the title and when I read more I ...
[35 replies] Last: My apologies, sir, but I was raised being taught you always refer to ... (by Catfish666)
Should I know GUI to become programmer (1,2)

Hi. I have been studying C++ for a couple of years and I started studying C# as my second language. My question is - Should I know how to program the General Us...
[38 replies] Last: I doubt anyone is cruel enough to make you mess with X11 directly. At ... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Reading Programming Books In Order?

Just wondering whether or not you guys read programming books in order or if you just jump around to different chapters.
[6 replies] Last: The books that I have as of now are all syntax based books, so I guess... (by Moonraker101)
burning an iso to an sd card on linux

so i torrented a copy of backtrack 5, and want to burn it to an 8 gig sd card (i ran out of dvds :( ). im on linux though and forgot how im supposed to do it, b...
[9 replies] Last: ooo cool ill check it out (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
IRC Bots (1,2)

Anyone know of a irc bot that works with quakenet? A customizable one? I tried building a small one but it failed. My small one code #!/usr/bin/python import...
[20 replies] Last: I think this is possible as long as the commands are sent slowly (As i... (by S G H)
irc browser?

so i apologize if this is public knowledge, but it has become very annoying switching back between my browser and irc client. i know that someone posted a link ...
[3 replies] Last: @zereo: thanks ill take a look at that. i dont know enough yet about n... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Do we have IRC channel?

Question in title. Do we?
[18 replies] Last: i would just like to say, i used xchat for a while and switched to hex... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
0xD05 posts

so in the spirit of posting about post counts, this (at the time of posting is my 3,333rd post! thank you to everyone (especially you fred ;) )who got me here
[3 replies] Last: Lol. I remember my more ignorant days. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
A cplusplus.com programming contest. (1,2)

I propose we hold a programming contest in which I will gift the winner a 30$ game of their choice (if there are other people willing to pay, we could have addi...
[24 replies] Last: I'm not sure it is the best idea, if implemented so straightforward. ... (by rodiongork)
by Disch
Ramblings of an NSF enthusiast (guide to writing an NSF player) (1,2,3,4)

So this is a story all about how I tried to recommend an NES emulator as a 'confidence building' project way back when. Then the topic somewhat came up again r...
[69 replies] Last: I thought it was for text only. Thank you very much. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Jokes on You

Well I feel we haven't told a joke or two in a while. Joke #1: So Bob is crossing the boarder from and unnamed country into another unnamed country illegall...
[17 replies] Last: @scriptcoder: lol i saw the same thing with a nickelback song @LB: Ive... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
www.mojavaton.org

Hey guys and possibly girls. We have made it to the DRC semi-finals in Miami this December. We are one of very few track-D teams to have made it this far. To...
[6 replies] Last: Well, we did not score any points :( but we did learn a lot and prove ... (by Michaela Elise)
Happy Holidays

I'll be off the boards for a while over the holidays so I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Christmas. I'm slightly determined to take a bit of a programmin...
[10 replies] Last: Happy Holidays. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
by sarada
Donate

I am from India and can understand English. I hold a visa card. But I do not understand donation page. It is not in English.
[5 replies] Last: COnsidering that the forums work almost entirely off of scripts, I'd s... (by LB)
Xbox emulator, PS Vita?

Is it possible to build an Xbox emulator for the PS Vita with a disc drive to read the Xbox games? If not, is it possible to take the now smaller parts required...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for pointing out Ben Heck. Maybe I'll try that. I can get a Xbo... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Closed Account z6A9GNh0

Aka BHXSpecter (i think). http://www.cplusplus.com/user/closed_account_z6A9GNh0/ Where'd he go..
[8 replies] Last: Something about the means of which people helped others in the program... (by Ispil)
Cleaning...

Just spent the morning wiping the Scorpion Saver PUP from my wife's PC. I'm not sure how it got there... Maybe one of the kittens installed it. (They won't st...
[4 replies] Last: I have 3 cats. They used to try to chew on my cables but after I repe... (by firedraco)
December 2013 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.