Lounge - December 2020

Quantum Internet (1,2)

I found this article very exciting. The idea of quantum entanglement being a form of instant transmission across the world, and even into deep space. Do you thi...
[20 replies] Last: @OP It's great that you speculate but you might like to widen your hor... (by againtry)
Sick of cppreference showing up in search

I find that the documentation provided by cplusplus is better than cppreference. I always find myself clicking cppreference on accident. I found a solution to ...
[11 replies] Last: How come neither puts the method signatures for the methods on the ma... (by mbozzi)
Programming career is promising?

Hey guys, the other day a friend of mine said that being a programmer is a stable and promising job that I don’t have to worry about being unemployed at all. ...
[2 replies] Last: Make sure you keep your skills up-to-date and relevant. There's plenty... (by seeplus)
can anyone answer?

A COVID-19 test gives a positive result in an infected person with a probability of 0.9 and a negative result in an uninfected person with a probability of 0.8....
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, I agree with @lastchance, you would need to know what % of the p... (by Grime)
by Satan
Are you male/female/other (1,2)

Let's see the sex ratio of people who reply to this thread. I'm male.
[21 replies] Last: I'm a male looking for female model, PM if you fit criteria. (by zapshe)
MS Visual Studio and C language version

Some time in the last couple of updates MS decided to add a project setting/switch so when compiling C code one can select the version of C used. Legacy MSVC (...
[1 reply] : Yes. MS seems to finally be paying some attention to C. It's long been... (by seeplus)
Cannot figure out the issue with this SQL CASE

CASE WHEN CAST(a.category AS VARCHAR) like '%jumpsuits%' THEN CAST(a.google_product_category AS VARCHAR) = 'Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > One-Pieces > J...
[1 reply] : I see 3 bools and a string on the else. that matches the complaint. (by jonnin)
  Archived months: [nov2020] [jan2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.