Lounge - February 2013 (Page 5)

Ubuntu Smartphone

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/02/07/report-ubuntu-smartphones-october/1898325/ http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone/design Thoughts? I think it looks...
[13 replies] Last: I've accidentally done the same thing haha (not this time) but yea I a... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Is it true c++ is dying out?

I saw a thread on this forum that c++ will maybe die out in the near future. Would it be better for me to learn C#? Will that get me further? Or should I s...
[2 replies] Last: The entire world is built on C and C++. This isn't going to be change... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Mint 1.4 Cinnamon

So I just got this (running in VMWare Player), and it's pretty slick but damn does it give my computer a workout. Just sitting there with xchat open and nothing...
[4 replies] Last: @ResidentBiscuit That's odd; you could try using the vanilla GNOME 3 i... (by chrisname)
Will c++ die in the games industry??

i'm slightly worried because it's taking me ages to learn c++ and by the the time (hopefully) get a job in the games industry , they might stop using c++ and us...
[16 replies] Last: I guess there will be a language that you can use if c++ dies, and you... (by devonrevenge)
Java IDE

So, I'm need of a decent Java IDE. Well, I would prefer an IDE. Anyways, I used to use Eclipse but got real tired of that due to various reasons. So I switched ...
[5 replies] Last: IMHO IntelliJ IDEA is the best IDE of all the times. (by rapidcoder)
arrays

I really need help with arrays. Can anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[8 replies] Last: It's not dangerous, you just have to be sure you can get back the orig... (by LB)
What designates image file format existence?

Hey, weird title, I know. I was wondering if anyone here has skill under their belt in designing, and working with multiple image file formats in computer prog...
[7 replies] Last: L B, I am just talking about format, but most images carry extensions ... (by Lying Cataract)
by rcast
buckysFemininFunction (1,2)

Can anybody guess where this is from? lol. void buckysFemininFunction() { cout << "oooooo I am text ont he screen!" << endl; }
[29 replies] Last: Actually, I'd say you can learn the same amount from videos as you can... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by LB
C++11 Style (1,2)

Much better than Gangnam Style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iWb_qi2-uI
[29 replies] Last: @ResidentBiscuit Nested lists. (by chrisname)
Is it possible for me to get rid of old or answered posts? If it is then how?
[4 replies] Last: I don't really get what you mean by it looks messy. Messy how? (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Doing homework for money (1,2)

I like that there is the policy of not directly doing homework for other people, but the post in the jobs section made me waver. It doesn't feel right but I cou...
[25 replies] Last: I'm chiming in a little late on this issue, but I'm a bit bored, so wh... (by MrHutch)
-JAVA-Im trying to dynamically create objects and then slap them on array list (1,2,3)

Only i cant find a tutorial on it, Now i could ask in a java forum but you will find, just like i did, that no one can make a coherent forum for java that make...
[41 replies] Last: No, I've been playing minecraft EDIT: thats very helpful, I understa... (by devonrevenge)
Speech help. (1,2)

I am writing a speech for school, and it is worth a lot of my grade, so I want your guys' opinions. The speech (not entirely done): [quote=Me]French, Gangnam ...
[20 replies] Last: AHAHAA! :D DUDE, LAY OF THAT LCD SHIT! Ever hear about that guy who a... (by devonrevenge)
LZW toy archiver

I plan to write an article which implements a Lempel-Ziv-Welch file archiver. I need your suggestions and criticism to improve the code. Thanks. http://past...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for replying. The version on Pastebin is outdated, and seve... (by Catfish3)
Im learning java, do they have a forum as simple and easy going as this one (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

This is the first forum i ever joined, ever. At the beginning I only cared about hassling for answers, now I genuinley care for the community, Is there a java...
[145 replies] Last: what? (by devonrevenge)
Scott Meyers Effective C++ 3rd Ed. Item 22 Declare members private (1,2)

I have just been ruminating over this, and have trouble understanding this item, just in regard to what he is saying about protected members - what he says abou...
[33 replies] Last: Now that I have looked at this in the clear light of day - as opposed ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Globals resolution? (1,2)

Do you consider it ugly to put :: in front of global variables and functions? namespace { int global; int f(int i) { return i; } } // name...
[25 replies] Last: In C#, it is different, it just uses the same operator: C++ class ob... (by chrisname)
Problem with my code - it's not working......

Here's the source(it is x86 Intel ISA Assembly with one C++ extern): BITS 16 ORG 0X7c00 .code jmp STA STA: push ebx mov bl, 0XFF mov al, 0X0F cm...
[2 replies] Last: Line 14? mov WORD PTR[+325], ex --- mov WORD PTR[+325], ebx ... (by Catfish3)
For shame

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=31901 Because of this, I cannot use std::ostreambuf_iterator<uint32_t> . It's alright, I'll just use std::co...
[3 replies] Last: GCC has not implemented the unicode code conversion facets; #include ... (by JLBorges)
It's taking me ages to learn c++

how long did it take you to learn c++?? Its taking me ages to learn c++ ,it took me ages to reach arrays.
[9 replies] Last: Yeah that too, there is always some new better algorithm to do somethi... (by Oria)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.