Lounge - February 2013 (Page 6)

Learning C#

I'm having a kinda hard time learning C#... I'm decently good with C++, so I get most of the syntax, but I really don't get the standard libraries and how the p...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Fredbill30]I'm having a kinda hard time learning C#... How are ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Maths Question (1,2)

Why does this: ((x-1)^0.5)+3=0 have no solution?
[26 replies] Last: @ascii thank you (by Script Coder)
by LB
Factorial with decimals

We all know the recursive definition of the factorial function: f(x) = { x * f(x-1) x > 1 { 1 x = 1 And that this only works when x = [ ]...
[6 replies] Last: Some TI calculators actually use the gamma function to calculate facto... (by Telion)
typographical error in set_union documentation

Hi there, I just noticed a typographical error in the set_union documentation at: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/set_union/ The output for ...
[1 reply] : Go report it using the "Spotted an error?" link at the bottom of that ... (by firedraco)
I am impressed by this forum (1,2)

I just signed on, but noticed a question posted to the Beginners forum. It was a very, very "beginner" question, and was answered very quickly and clearly with ...
[21 replies] Last: Next comes the constructor and methods sections ordered that way: pub... (by maeriden)
by CroCo
The future of Qt creator?

I've read an article about the future of Qt creator. I would like to hear from you about it. How horrible some people's opinions about it. To me, Qt creator is ...
[2 replies] Last: I see the OP mentioned Nokia - QT has been sold by Nokia to Digia. I... (by guestgulkan)
Do you have Fun practicing and learning c++? what do you find the most fun

I been a bit dry for fun ideas past few days, actually learning to mess with bash has been really really fun, but does anyone know any fun ideas to practice c++...
[10 replies] Last: Use some libraries such as OpenGL or OpenCV and implement some useful ... (by CroCo)
by Untrue
Need help finding good e-books

Google doesn't seem to help me on these since it only gives me websites with dead download links. I've found some in torrents but had really BAD seeders. Would ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank Google. At least you got here. I think some books are very very... (by CroCo)
What are some easy languages to learn by yourself?

Hey all, I am learning C++ still, but in 2 months, I'll be "done" with it, although not experienced in everything yet. So after that I would like to pick ...
[7 replies] Last: I did UnrealScript as a first language which I could recommend again i... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Vector class (1,2,3,4)

Made my own vector. Go judge the hell out of it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/datastructs/
[65 replies] Last: Use operator new to allocate the memory without construction and then ... (by LB)
When network speeds match the transfer rate on a mother board... (1,2)

Imagine what we will be able to do once network speeds are as great as the effective transfer rate between the components of a computer. Assuming we can get par...
[22 replies] Last: @RB my point was that you used the "it's already more common" argument... (by LB)
why ++i is better than i++ (when applicable) (1,2,3)

I have lots of time to think when I drive back and forth to and from school. Today I examined my preference for i++ over ++i when they accomplish the same thin...
[42 replies] Last: I agree with JL ^ (by LB)
Learning C++

So, I recently started getting serious learning C++ from the 8th Edition of "C++ How to Program" by Harvey Deitel. I'm on the 13th chapter covering Polymorphism...
[9 replies] Last: I remember being in that situation because all of the books I read tau... (by AHCFan20)
1GAM: one game a month

http://onegameamonth.com/ I discovered it recently and I have to say that while on the #1GAM IRC channel I've been more motivated to focus on making a game t...
[3 replies] Last: Heard of it, Moosader.com has even started something similar because o... (by BHX)
Search

The search feature in this website does not work ! No metter what i type in , it shows the message : search fail.
[3 replies] Last: Heh, did you register an account just to say this? (by Stewbond)
by Argle
question from someone

who basically has no idea what programming entails. I have been considering going back to school for game design/development and getting trained in computer pr...
[11 replies] Last: Meh, 2D games really boil down to Trig and Vectors (along with the bas... (by ascii)
Non-portable C++ for Beginners

So, I've been holding my tongue when people mention non-portable methods of accomplishing things on the Beginners and General C++ Programming forums. My issue i...
[13 replies] Last: Grey Wolf, not really. A lot of C libraries leave some of the implemen... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Best Libraries for networking?

So I've been playing around with very beginner networking stuff, and have decided that I want to try and build a packet sniffer. Now before anyone goes and says...
[4 replies] Last: I've been told enet is a good lib. http://enet.bespin.org/ (by BHX)
How Do You Keep Challenging Yourself?

I'm taking a really slow class at my university this semester- I didn't realize that it would be over a month of review. Not sure when we're actually going to s...
[17 replies] Last: More importantly do they carry bindles made with colorful polka dotted... (by cire)
Directory Structure

Just out of curiosity, I've been looking at larger projects to see what seem to define the "industry standard" of project structure. What I've found is that nob...
[19 replies] Last: On windows, I have different folders for different versions also. :3 (by S G H)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 4567
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.