Lounge - February 2014 (Page 2)

by khal
Resume Question

Hi, I will be graduating this spring with a bachelor in computer science. My question is how should I go about listing my knowledge of C++. Is it better to put ...
[3 replies] Last: Of the few people I know who interviewed for serious companies, most o... (by htirwin)
by LB
How the internet plays pokemon

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon This isn't new technology, it's just one of those random things that got incredibly popular for some reason. It's jus...
[5 replies] Last: Maybe, it has been so long since I've played it. Unfortunately I've no... (by BHX)
motivation with a lisp

(defun try (attempt action) ; function 'attempt' defined elsewhere (cond (= (attempt action) "success") (print "Success")) (try attempt act...
[no replies]
Question about tachyon

Hi, I am pretty confused with the tachyon condenstation If a tachyon does condense as a result of imaginary mass fields which do not in fact propagate fas...
[9 replies] Last: I don't think you are understanding right here. 2. http://home.web.ce... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Want to compile code on your iPhone/iPad/iPod?

Have a jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod? Want to compile C, C++ or/and Objective-C code? On your device without internet? Well I'm going to show you how, all credit...
[no replies]
Who does every book exercise?

Programming books have lots of exercises in them. I was wondering if people do every single exercise when reading a book, or just a selection at the end of each...
[8 replies] Last: Solving exercises are a vital component of learning for me. I don't fe... (by abhishekm71)
Where store data?

I have some data and I want to write it. I'm on Windows, but I want it to Linux, too. In Windows, I'm used to use "%APPDATA%". There is one better way?
[11 replies] Last: The link is a nice one, but it does say, basically, 'try these $FOO di... (by Duthomhas)
Experimenting on you! (1,2)

Okay, so out of this list, organize these objects from highest priority to lowest priority. If you need a definition or example, just ask. subsistence prot...
[26 replies] Last: Yeah that's true. (by RealGiganitris)
by CDuck
Is the Firefox OS worth Developing for?

I have heard a little bit about the Firefox OS for Tablets and Phones, and I was wondering if it would be worth learning web programming languages (advanced web...
[no replies]
Is it everyman for himself? Why do anything? (1,2)

It concerns me with society. That what the first thing people tell me when I tell them what I pursue (Computer Science), they say something along the lines of: ...
[29 replies] Last: Is that really such a bad thing? Yes. =P I'm not that big of a n... (by Disch)
What do you think?

Just wondering. Say you wanted to create a calculator program and then you start your ide which presents an empty form with absolutely nothing on it. You then d...
[10 replies] Last: Not absolutely but it would be fun to do (by closed account iAk3T05o)
backup and recovery and Acronis

Hello, I am considering the purchase of multiply licenses of Acronis for backup and recovery. I am worried about my computers if there is an illegal shutdown o...
[1 reply] : I imagine the safest way to go about this would instead be the use of ... (by Ispil)
I've been asking about a second language for a while now , still looking

Hey guys , I've been searching and trying to find some answers for this , I'm on my second semester in cs and we took c++ as the first language , Until now I...
[13 replies] Last: Personally if you already know C++, Python will be very easy to pick u... (by CodeGazer)
What can i do with Objective C?

How is it different than other programming languages?
[3 replies] Last: define compatible. do you mean like generated binaries? or in the way ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Disch
Name that Tune (spc edition)

So after making that NSF player, I decided to make an SPC player. And to increase the interest of people on this board who probably couldn't care less... I dec...
[3 replies] Last: > That sucks. I'll have to move the enum to the header then. Lame. Sp... (by JLBorges)
What Happened To Perl

It seems only 5 years ago people pushed me to learn Perl over Python. I saw many tutorial and codes done in the language. Now, however, people hate it. They say...
[4 replies] Last: I've heard is that it is a primary language used in bioinformatics. M... (by htirwin)
Is it ok to copy this website onto my pc?

I was wondering if it would be ok to copy this website locally onto my pc using website copier software. I only want it for my personal use in case i have no in...
[4 replies] Last: wget -m url (by maeriden)
How important? (For Employed Engineers/Developers)

How important was your image in moving you forward in your endeavors/ambitions? I'm trying to do a lot of different things, and I'm curious to know what experie...
[6 replies] Last: Contacts! I've got an interviews strictly because I know people. Got a... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by LB
I'm rebelling against poorly abstracted file system APIs

http://www.LB-Stuff.com/rebel.html OK, I'm done rebelling now. If you're in a bad mood after that, this will cheer you up: http://www.LB-Stuff.com/spline.html
[12 replies] Last: I'm with chrisname. I've never liked embedding type information in fil... (by LB)
by zsteve
Where would I be in programming right now?

I'm just wondering about what level I would be at programming now... I guess I've had a few hard knocks on the way, but I'm just curious. I'm currently just t...
[5 replies] Last: @danny77 , I think such sites aren't that good , since usually they gi... (by Cutefriendzoned)
February 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.