Lounge - February 2014 (Page 3)

What language is best for a beginner in programming? (1,2)

Hi! We are four students studying at School of Engineering, Jönköping University in Sweden. We are currently working on a project regarding three programming ...
[22 replies] Last: Maybe there is an excellent way to teach someone who's 36 how to lear... (by maeriden)
by knn9
How does a game resource manager know when to load and unload resources?

Does it have to have some knowledge of the current level structure? Does it require hints from other parts of the game code? Also does anyone know of any boo...
[3 replies] Last: From my experience I've never felt the need to try and make the engine... (by Austin J)
Nanotechnology & Computer - New World? (1,2)

Hi, I have had tremendous amounts of idea of future from particle physics to idea of super weapons. However, these tend to be too far fetched and too comp...
[24 replies] Last: Well since we are talking science and programming, you could use sci... (by Mats)
by jidder
Creating remote/iphone controlled lightswitch

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this but I couldn't think of anywhere else. This may be a bit trivial to some of you but I just wanted t...
[1 reply] : It's kind of a neat idea to be able to control your lights with a phon... (by Computergeek01)
How to sync with Android Calendar(programming)?

I am thinking about trying to write a calendar for Android.I have never tried programming to sync anything,and I don't know anything about it.How can I write a ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your answer. (by Awareness)
Competition problems

Hello I participated in a c++ competition a while ago. I tried my best solving them and got a mediocre score. I never found out how they were done and it has be...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I understand completely now. (by Script Coder)
Should I upload projects to Github now?

I'm interested in improving my programming skills so I can get a programming job. I majored in a STEM subject as an undergrad (not CS) and used C++ for a resear...
[6 replies] Last: I think sourceforge may be falling ill to corruption... mabey... (by IWishIKnew)
Publishing in apple and android store

Hello , I just made a simple pong game in sdl-1.2.5 and i was thinking of publishing it somewhere to get some response , the 2nd thing is will it be possible to...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you Mats but on their website it's free to download and use uni... (by Mats)
Need little help with something

Hello. I'm not sure if you can help me with that, but I'm gonna try anyways. So the problem is that I'm trying to make Server Files for the game called "Dekaron...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I moved my thread, and let's hope that someone will be able... (by ZanSumm)
by r00b
Is programming part of the IT field?

I've never thought about computer science as part of IT, a guy at work says programming is part of IT. If it is or is not, why?
[5 replies] Last: In theory... But a job in IT is a job in setting up or managing netwo... (by Stewbond)
by LB
Looking for sources for professors teaching old programming (1,2)

I am writing an essay on the topic of outdated programming practices being taught to college students by professors, and I am having a very difficult time findi...
[24 replies] Last: I agree with that view too because it is sadly true. Very few colleges... (by BHX)
Presentation Draft

I'm going to be giving some talks at a university in the near future on some of the more modern C++ artifacts. I've finished an initial draft on static asserti...
[5 replies] Last: > Particularly, I'm looking for more use-cases. > From my experience,... (by JLBorges)
Revision vs Rewriting

Hey, I was just wondering, for future reference, at what point do you rewrite old code, instead of continually revising it?
[5 replies] Last: Generally, I only rewrite things when a new standard is published to t... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Daily challenge

Hello, I am a pretty good programmer that haven't really gotten into any practical stuff. My main problem is that all the projects that I have come across are w...
[16 replies] Last: Thx, but I've invested quite a bit of time looking into the emulator t... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
python irc bots

so im writing a python irc bot <source here: http://pastebin.com/ZMSGK0Nm > and i have one issue left before i finish v2 (i know the code is bad. ill clean it u...
[2 replies] Last: sorry i didnt make myself clear. ACTION was being written to the file ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by ccdare
I only read C++ Primer Plus, can I directly learn Qt?

I just know basic Win32 Console Application programming. Is it the time to learn some UI design? If so, is Qt a good choice for me? Or any other good choice to ...
[4 replies] Last: Try this tutorial http://www.functionx.com/win32/Lesson01.htm (by ADNY78)
Love Programming but not learning (1,2)

Hello there, So I have a problom, I love to program but hate to learn it like I just can't open my book and read and do the excercises from there. Can someone ...
[20 replies] Last: Just wanted to mention that there multiple methods of learning, people... (by TheIdeasMan)
Removing Higgs from Atomic level

Hi, I have been recently studying particle physics as I got a free course in my town near. Basic - Advanced (3 years). In one of the classes I was learni...
[15 replies] Last: Surely expansion of universe is going faster than light as we can see... (by Mats)
by CDuck
Linux Mint 16 Petra Cinnamon Not Booting After Restart

I have Windows 7 installed on my Computer currently, and I want to install Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon. I have burned the contents of the iso file onto a DVD, but...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, Luc Lieber. (by CDuck)
by CDuck
Some Advice Whether or Not to install a ROM?

I have an Android tablet that is no longer supported by its distributer (which encompasses no more system image updates). I am using Android 4.1.1 on a Toshi...
[4 replies] Last: Yes it is very possible brick your phone while flashing a rom. More li... (by Smac89)
February 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.