Lounge - February 2014 (Page 5)

by LB
Julia (1,2)

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/02/julia/?cid=18025364 Thoughts?
[23 replies] Last: I actually got hold of the writer and this was his reply. My question... (by BHX)
by LB
Avoid confusion: use adjectives!

() round parenthesis square brackets    {} curly braces          <> angle chevrons     Now there can be no debate about brac...
[8 replies] Last: > This being the IS for C right? injected-class-name , regular expr... (by JLBorges)
by Disch
Tool for making .gifs from videos

Anyone have any recommendations?
[4 replies] Last: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gifapp/ (by Duthomhas)
just ordered chromecast

And I'm looking for app suggestions. Anyone else have one?
[9 replies] Last: Latency is hellish over wireless G (i can't help that, budget tablet o... (by Cheraphy)
Four instead of eight spaces for tabs (1,2)

Does anyone else here think that this website displaying tab characters as eight spaces in code looks really bad? For instance: #include <iostream> int ...
[37 replies] Last: Not really... with the braces there's a clear divider: void func() ... (by Disch)
What is the best C++ logical engine / language extension?

Today, everything uses DLL, which is OS dependent (even if compiled in all operating systems). I'm thinking in use a engine, an extern file that my program inte...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks! Solved! (by iQChange)
by LB
CHAR_BIT%8 != 0

For a while now I have been wanting to work in strange environments (or to make my own strange environment/OS), and one of the things I am curious about right n...
[1 reply] : There was a port of gcc for PDP-10 where CHAR_BIT=9: http://pdp10.noc... (by Cubbi)
Coding and Dating, any experiences you want to share. (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

How cool would it be to date a coder? but where do you find a hot one who is interesting and compatible with you? So I been trying to date loads of people to di...
[123 replies] Last: Guess it depends on what you consider settling. I don't settle for any... (by BHX)
by giblit
Fun Coding Competition (1,2)

The competition will be between now and February 28th. A very simple competition with NO reward, just for fun. Post name/team if you are interesting in join...
[32 replies] Last: So anytime between now and the 28th and has to be C++/SFML? Maybe I'll... (by BHX)
Laptop Suggestions

hi all, I'm going to buy a new laptop but I'm confused which one to buy. So, would you please suggest one? I want the laptop to be good enough for the following...
[12 replies] Last: Pretty much anything can handle programming since it's just text edi... (by rapidcoder)
Online Workspace thread

Here we enumerate online workspaces. Such sites offer syntax highlighting and one (or more) compilers for C++. So for example, Pastebin does not qualify bec...
[2 replies] Last: I occasionally use them if I suddenly have a 'I wonder if this works' ... (by TwilightSpectre)
Good at finding things?

I need to find a story over the internet. It seemed to have disappeared out of thin air. A friend of mine wants me to read it, please do not judge me or him for...
[3 replies] Last: Yup it's it. (by RealGiganitris)
ZOMBIEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get the compiler for the Zombie programming language?
[2 replies] Last: Oh my god, I'm sorry I can't help you but that language is just fucki... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Windows phone programming.

Hello guys. I would like to go into window phone programming using c# and XAML. But the only book I am able to get my hands on is wp7.5 based. I understand th...
[no replies]
February 2014 Pages: 1... 345
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.