Lounge - February 2019

The Quest for a NoSQL Database Implementation

Hi everyone, It's been long since I've logged in to this forum. The start of my love for programming and computer science in general started from here, and so ...
[no replies]
by mbozzi
What's (probably) in C++20: Kona Trip Report

The recent ISO C++ committee meeting in Kona ended yesterday today. C++20 is now feature-complete. Most importantly, - Modules have been merged in! - C...
[11 replies] Last: So....if I read correctly what you wrote, Peter, it looks like the sta... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by Mayee
Can you please help me to code this one. I badly needed this

Creat a function-oriented c++ program that will ask the user to other percentage grade. Add a function that will convert the percentage grade into university g...
[1 reply] : So you can't do this? int uniGrade = 1+((95-42) / 10; I mean, it's... (by salem c)
by helios
Distributed computation

I have an easily parallelizable workload that I would like to run on multiple computers on the same network. Ideally I'd like it to work something like this: *...
[6 replies] Last: Part of the Intel Performance Libraries is an MPI library, I guess you... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Intel® Performance Libraries

Just came across this, thought I'd share... Intel® Performance Libraries Download these free libraries today to create better, more reliable, and faster so...
[no replies]
by stav
c++ devs paid less?

Hi i stumbled upon this ( https://www.quora.com/Why-are-C-C++-developers-not-earning-more-than-Java-developers-despite-a-higher-level-of-complexity ) question o...
[1 reply] : "c/c++" does not exist, those are different programming languages with... (by Cubbi)
Favorite Language

Lately I’ve been developing a couple of GUI applications. I started with Tcl/Tk, but quickly ran into Tcl’s limitations (again)... I like Tcl, honestly, b...
[9 replies] Last: It certainly can't rival Python in this respect, but it's not that bad... (by toad)
My C++ Journey

Hello. I have recently joined and in order to be an active member I will post an update about my C++ journey. I dont want to be seen as a leech when I finally h...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the feedback Grime. I have already organised every program ... (by StartedWithBASIC)
by zapshe
Venting - College Coding (1,2,3)

Hi! Hated high school, hate college more somehow. Arrogant professors who are often wrong (not just because I want them to be but because a simple google search...
[47 replies] Last: Oops. Yeah, I meant to do that originally, but I forgot. (by helios)
Is C++ fast ?

A library that I work on often these days, meshoptimizer, has changed over time to use fewer and fewer C++ library features, up until the current state where t...
[18 replies] Last: I'm a novice when it comes to SIMD but I'm excited about the SIMD wrap... (by Peter87)
Saying Hello

Hello everyone. I have just registered and thought it right and proper that I say hello. I am a middle aged man that has dabbled in different sorts of programmi...
[6 replies] Last: Happy memories eh! ZX Spectrum (in England) then the C64 I seem to rec... (by StartedWithBASIC)
by Grime
Connecting to the site too often?

If I were to connect to this website with a program 'too often', could I get blocked? Say once every minute for a very long period of time? Particularly, I wan...
[3 replies] Last: Well, it doesn't. I just refresh every once in a while to see if there... (by helios)
(no payment) John Kramer voice?

Can somebody offer me a bit of their good voice skills? I need a similar voice to the one below for my SAW spin off game. If you would like to help PM me your e...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I found the voice within me haha. I hope you're successful in you... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
by helios
Keyboard Recommendation

I want to recommend this keyboard to everyone: https://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/keyboards/alloy-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard This is not endorsed or anything ...
[2 replies] Last: A keyboard thread? Nice. I've owned multiple mechanical keyboards and ... (by fiji885)
by Sanllk
how programming allowed me to find happiness

Hello. Since this is a lounge, I want to share my story with you. Two years ago, I decided to take courses in C ++ and this was the best decision in my life, be...
[9 replies] Last: Congratulations Sanllk , and to the lovely lady too. Best wishes of h... (by Duthomhas)
New study: Google manipulates users into constant tracking

...Based on new research Google is accused of using deceptive design and misleading information, which results in users accepting to be constantly tracked ...
[2 replies] Last: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little tempo... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.