Lounge - January 2014

Is there an undo command in Linux? If not then why not?

I have recently started working in the Linux environment and I am finding it very useful, especially grep, find and sed utilities. However, it is a kind of p...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=LB]who would do that? Someone very careless. It's just a bad h... (by MrHutch)
by LB
Is this in the defect report?

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> int f(std::string const &s) { int a, b; if(std::istringstream{s} >> a >> b) { return a ...
[15 replies] Last: > Hm, that does still bother me actually - this means the first thing ... (by JLBorges)
by Mats
Limiting internet usage - Per computer

Is there a way to limit internet usage for individual computers on a network? The situation being people come to my house with laptops. Can I cap how much that ...
[2 replies] Last: You could also type in the router's address which most cases is 192.16... (by giblit)
one question about goto's (1,2)

question :: if goto should never be needed and should never be used, why is it there then?
[38 replies] Last: They have tons of "How to deal with impossible people" techniques and ... (by BHX)
Anyone up for making a maze game? (1,2)

Hello there, Well let me get started, my friend in fifth class wants a game(for a project he and some others are doing and they said a game for windows) like...
[26 replies] Last: Well just to clear up, I wanted a bit more info about what this projec... (by Mats)
Grammer (1,2)

tis for mats nd disch' carrect me hear :D
[21 replies] Last: okay well I`m sure I wouldn`t want to be one and if I did well lets wa... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
I lost my interest in study! Can anyone give me inspiration? (1,2)

Hi all, Im a 14 yr old and I used to study very well, and I got 1st in class very well. But lately, I cant concentrate on my studies, at all! My mind tells ...
[31 replies] Last: For me, I find if i do anything too much I lose interest in it. It doe... (by Garion)
Possible Careers

I am a junior in high school with an interest in computer programming. I've taught myself the basics of C++ and JavaScript and have really come to love program...
[15 replies] Last: Java is cool and it also gets expanded. Has anyone heard of 'groovy'? (by Manga)
FAQ update (1,2)

http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/beginners/books/ Let me know if I've missed any resources. (Or any names to add to the evil list.)
[29 replies] Last: After reading through this a couple of times... It all seemed somewhat... (by Duthomhas)
The http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ link is messed up on Chrome on Debian

Hi, So the Reference link is not showing correctly on Chrome on Debian and Chrome on Ubuntu. It shows correctly on FireFox and Konqueror. Has anything changed...
[12 replies] Last: CHROME FIREFOX WATERFOX ALL THE WAY (by Mats)
computer Programming please share your thought

Not sure wether this is the place to ask this but please share your opinion. About a year and half ago I created an android app using one of those free app b...
[9 replies] Last: If you try hard in of, you can do it. But do it as if you were to make... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science?

I'm graduating with an Associates of Science this June. I'm applying to various 4 year colleges but I'm noticing that certain ones offer a Bachelor of Arts in...
[7 replies] Last: Really? BA or BS are normal for almost all of our colleges courses fro... (by BHX)
Preparing for a new job as C++ programmer

Hi, I've been working as C (not C++) programmer a few years back, and since then been working in QA. Finally I got a new job as (R&D) RT Embedded C++ progra...
[9 replies] Last: Hi guys, Thank you very very much! I read your posts and found here g... (by jared11)
Done With This Account

As the title says, I'm done with this account (maybe these forums). This post isn't one of those posts people make when they delete their accounts, just to let ...
[3 replies] Last: Have fun with that. *Looks at site* Nope nothing has changed, still cp... (by BHX)
by ajh32
Message formatting

I was wondering how you arrange the formatting tags so that you can have source-code adjacent to program output in a message on this forum. For an example see...
[7 replies] Last: i saw at many threads , your posts were reported.... for almost nothi... (by NPcomplete)
SourceForge gaming

Once I've bought a capture card for my PC I'm going to be doing a lot more lets play style videos for Youttube and one thing I really wanted to do is to try and...
[3 replies] Last: I got my capture card Thursday and it's amazing (tested at 1080p with ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
need help with bison parser

so im building a compiler for a language i designed called runescript, and am having some trouble parsing comments. to do this i am using flex, bison, and gcc4....
[2 replies] Last: thanks helios! ill do all of those things you said (perhaps when im no... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
What is amortized cost?

I hear this "armortized" cost stuff everywhere, for example, amortized cost of BST search or amortized cost of bubble sort. What does amortized mean? my teac...
[3 replies] Last: No, it is a method of rating the "cost" (time and space) used by an al... (by Duthomhas)
by CDuck
Qt Creator Issues

In Qt Creator 3.0.0, when including the file <QString> , or any other header file in the Qt Widgets library, there is a dark green squiggly line below it (i.e....
[4 replies] Last: Qt Creator is fixed. Somehow, it recognizes the Qt libraries again. ... (by CDuck)
Interfacing a PS2 Controller

So I took apart one of my old PS2s to put the fan and the controller port inside my robot thing, and I'm trying to figure out if there is some sort of resource ...
[2 replies] Last: That wont work. I'm doing it with the pins. The microcontroller has no... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
January 2014 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.