Lounge - January 2014 (Page 2)

Trying to program makes me feel stupid

Hey all. Worlds worst programmer here. I'm just venting I guess. Really bummed out about a few things going wrong in my life since 2014 began, but that's for...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=J4ke]If you write down the logic behind how you as a human woul... (by BHX)
Need help from a professional programmer please

I have an assignment in my Technical Writing class in school, and one of the requirements is to ask a professional in the field a few questions about getting in...
[1 reply] : Problem is that not everyone here is a professional in the field for a... (by BHX)
by LB
I don't understand HTML

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.utdallas.edu%2F~ngb130030%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validat...
[8 replies] Last: I think there is nothing I can do to change what the webserver sends, ... (by LB)
Thoughts on a game idea??

This story takes place in generation XI. Backstory is overly complicated. It involves a demon girl though! Ask if you are interested in hearing it! You are fro...
[12 replies] Last: Yipper, it's not story but conflict. Gameplay has to be nice. Though t... (by RealGiganitris)
Question

Will I ever have to implement linked lists,stacks, queues, hash tables,sorting algorithms manually in software development? Or is the standard library do all th...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, and I was just going to reply with a simple yes to his question. ... (by BHX)
Python question

I know this is c++ which is why im posting this question here. I feel more comfortable posting here. Anyway just a small problem. Under idle the following lin...
[6 replies] Last: Same thing has happened to opengl What do you mean? Any version o... (by TwilightSpectre)
Virus Writing

I'm interested. How would I write a code that would inject itself into exe's without some sort of fancy messing with the PE structure. I want to put the program...
[2 replies] Last: What you're asking about is called Thread or DLL injection and you sho... (by Computergeek01)
by CDuck
Cross-Platform v. Native? (1,2)

Is it more effective to program cross-platform or native development? Is the programmers control restricted by cross-platform development? One particular ca...
[24 replies] Last: I'm 99.9% sure that someone has written a JVM for iPhone. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
mysql refusing to start

so im trying to create a login script in php and ive run into an issue: i tried logging into phpmyadmin but got this error: #2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL ser...
[1 reply] : solved http://imgur.com/gIdKu12 (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Oculus Rift HD

Anyone else here about this: http://www.edge-online.com/news/oculus-rift-john-carmacks-vr-headset-takes-kickstarter/ They have integrated a cam. Do you ...
[7 replies] Last: I'm not talking about that. There is a condition, that I can't recall ... (by BHX)
by LB
Request: Report LB for abuse (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

Recently I have been under fire for my unorthodox definition of spam. The reason I am so strict about spam in the lounge is because I and many other forum-goer...
[122 replies] Last: Well I could have just started running my mouth, but I like to admit i... (by Manga)
Good formula for projectile motion at any point x.

I've been looking around and everything I find is about finding greatest point in height and range of x. That's nice and all, but what I'm looking for is someth...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah indeed it is a parabola, I basically just needed something like h... (by Austin J)
Crypto

What can you crypto using only pen and paper? So far I have strings and graphs.
[5 replies] Last: As ReisdentBiscuit just pointed out, cryptography has been around for ... (by BHX)
MoH Dead

I recently tried placing MoH Warfighter in my Xbox to try multiplayer. While doing this, I found absolutely 0 games online. At the time, however, I was attemp...
[1 reply] : I don't play MoH (never played it since the PSX days), but I can't ima... (by BHX)
by Busan1
I need some pointers (1,2)

Hi. I've been trying to get into C++, but I've not found a proper(for me) source of learning. I have tried www.learncpp.com, a book by Bjarne Stroustrup, ...
[20 replies] Last: He just stole my joke tho (by closed account N36fSL3A)
HACKATHON

A codefest like none other is finally here!! Kurukshetra in association with PayPal is proud to present "Hackathon", a signature event that is sure to awaken th...
[5 replies] Last: Well that serves me right for relying on the first link I found on Goo... (by Computergeek01)
Programme always give wrong answer.

#include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> // I made this simple programme but it always give wrong answer. Dont know what to do. Whatever values of a and b I pu...
[4 replies] Last: Ok. Thank you ! (by talhabhatti5)
OS

I'm making an OS, the first one is command-line based and maybe we will make a better one with a Graphical User Interface. There is no money guarantee for this ...
[10 replies] Last: @ Code Apprentice: stick to using GRUB... and stick to writing a Multi... (by Catfish666)
by LB
The problem with being human (1,2,3)

is that you can't trust your past self to have done things correctly and you can't trust your future self to remember everything.
[49 replies] Last: [quote=Catfish666]Who reported devon's post? Only to deny me the satis... (by LB)
contest idea, three.js, runnable directly from web console, max code, 1 post, 1 line per statement

Not the best code, but didn't have much time. enter in web console. Use arrow keys and spc bar var ch=document.body.childNodes; for(var i=0;i<ch.length; i++) ...
[2 replies] Last: Well It's open source, you can read it and the script it loads. You r... (by htirwin)
January 2014 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.