Lounge - January 2014 (Page 3)

Wow! Signal: Extraterrestrial (1,2,3)

Hi, I must say this has been a very interesting topic for me: the WOW signal. In 1977 a very interesting signal reached the earth, it was not something o...
[40 replies] Last: paper, science fact is proof written on paper with a bit of maths to ... (by Mats)
BitTorrent Multicomputer Client

The idea: Lets say you have n computers in a LAN with the client installed and you want to download a torrent that is 10GB this client would be able to distrib...
[14 replies] Last: [quote=maeriden]Or did I misunderstand? No, I think I did. (by naraku9333)
going from android to windows phone?

so recently my android phone broke, and i had to buy a windows phone to temporarily replace it, until i can get the money to get it fixed (and unfortunately tha...
[no replies]
Websites that don't let me leave!

I hate them! I really don't know much about websites other than basic HTML/CSS and javascript, and I know a page can hook the browser's 'back' button (a ho...
[5 replies] Last: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/ Never leave ... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Who here acctually buys movies, music tv shows, e.t.c. (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

I just pirate them, who buys them.
[151 replies] Last: One thing came to mind about businesses that are alive. http://www.wa... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
WmiPrvSE uses 30% to 80% CPU

Hello dear community, I have got 2 Computers: 1 Laptop and 1 Desktop-PC. Well, several days ago I realized that on my Laptop all programs run much solwer than...
[9 replies] Last: In response: Like I said, it runs whenever I connect to the internet.... (by IWishIKnew)
Journey To Mars (Game) (1,2)

Hello, this is my first 2D game in C++. Please take your time to try it and comment. Also, the collision detection isn't perfect and so sometimes you may see t...
[29 replies] Last: @ NT3: Well, I've fixed the asteroids going out of the window bounds b... (by Stormboy)
by LB
Procedurally Generated Non-Euclidean Space

Consider 3D Minecraft terrain generation (infinite up and down, not just lateral). Now, consider non-euclidean space. Finally, combine the two. How would you...
[3 replies] Last: [x,y,z,w]' (by ne555)
How do people make money through open source software (1,2)

Hi! I am a novice programmer and I am interested in the concept of community development. I am just curious about whether people are really making money from...
[22 replies] Last: [quote=Garion] I've seen quite a few people make app's and third part... (by LB)
teaching kids how to program (1,2)

I'll be working as a Teachers assistant in a Tech/Engineering course at a middle school. The teacher's expertise is in Mechanical engineering. He wants to inc...
[21 replies] Last: It's fine, it's an easy slip-of-the-tongue to make for the sake of sim... (by LB)
by LB
Dark Matter and Dark Energy

Supposedly there is Dark Matter which bends light with its own gravity and is the reason galaxies don't fly apart and is also the reason for the superstructures...
[11 replies] Last: THANK YOU Mats! Thanks. :) There is a room that may or may not h... (by Mats)
x86 Assembly Tutorial

I know and understand 8080, z80, 6502, 6800, CP1600, assemblies, and I understand x86 assembly, but I have one problem with all of them: I don't know how to use...
[1 reply] : You could refer the manuals of the processors you want to target. For ... (by letscode)
How to print tutorials?

I love the tutorials here and want to print some of them without printing the entire web pages, but only the content. Is there a print functionality that I am n...
[3 replies] Last: It's not up to date. That is the previous version, you can tell becaus... (by BHX)
by Manga
Name that game character (1,2,3,4)

This link shows a game character. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17p90tchjukpgjpg/original.jpg Correctly identify the character and you win. Then post ...
[60 replies] Last: Well Hutch, don't feel too bad. You know Mario did not have a name at ... (by Manga)
by giblit
Javascript Question (1,2)

I haven't done any javascript but I was wondering if someone could help me with a quick code for making all the usernames on twitch.tv blue in the chat if they ...
[20 replies] Last: @giblit: Nah, I meant it for htirwin, he probably typoed seeing he re-... (by S G H)
is there a standard for machine codes?

When you compile a program it's quite likely that it can run on any computer processor you choose, which surely means there's some kind of standard used either ...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=SatsumaBenji]When you compile a program it's quite likely that ... (by Cubbi)
Cmd-- 1.11 (1,2,3,4,5,6)

Hello Everyone, About a month or two ago, I decided to create a generic framework for building command line programs in C++, which eventually grew into Cmd--...
[109 replies] Last: lol, thanks, I think... (by BruceJohnJennerLawso)
Search for an article in german

I am just browsing trough the C++ forums and suddenly remembers that I have to bring an article to my German class around next week. My German still sucks. I...
[1 reply] : look at wikipedia. Almost every article has a link to the german equiv... (by coder777)
2014 (1,2)

Yea, it's that time.
[27 replies] Last: Because you responded 'Why?'. Yes, maybe they feel like it is still... (by Script Coder)
I am a cat

And you cannot prove otherwise.
[17 replies] Last: @duoas: padfoots a dog/escaped criminal on the run who is killed by t... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
January 2014 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.