Lounge - January 2018

Get Dressed & Eat a PBJ Challenge

The Standard Library comes with a lot of algorithms for processing lists of things, but one thing it does not have is any form of topological sort, which take...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, found by a headhunter. It is a really cool company, one I would ... (by Duthomhas)
by ksyx
Why does there has no complexities for bitset?

A question.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for replying. I've learnt a lot from it. (by ksyx)
Need help on Assignment

I am currently taking a Technical Communications class this semester and for this class I am needing a sample email from someone who works in a position in my d...
[2 replies] Last: I have not seen that before, that might work, thanks! (by LucasDH)
by reggie
Webinar: How to Improve C++ Testing Coverage with Automated Code Coverage Analysis

How effective are your Unit & Regression testing efforts? Learn all about code C++ coverage analysis, different coverage levels and more in this webinar! Whe...
[no replies]
Those who are great in Discrete Math/Structures, help me understand this truth table!

Ok... I have this table of truths for p and q. When p implies q, it's easy to understand, but I don't understand q->p https://imgur.com/a/x3Sro Not being in ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to both of you! After a long time of thinking and countless tab... (by fiji885)
biologist

im creating a program to simulate different cells in the body and i was wondering if anyone knew a biologist (preferably a neurologist to start add others if yo...
[no replies]
Delicious math problem that I can't understand.

What's up guys. I have a problem in my math class that I'm trying to figure out. I've done the work here (looks better to the eye than typing it). If anyone...
[6 replies] Last: I’d like to point out that your professor is playing magical math wi... (by Duthomhas)
is my new timetable good?

2 hours study then half an hour play.and so on. Sleep 2 hours in afternoon 10 hours in night
[3 replies] Last: That's a lot of sleeping. Usually, use the tomato studying method. It'... (by fiji885)
noob question part 3

Why is java called server side script and c++ client side when i can do networking even through c++?
[1 reply] : Whenever you find yourself asking "if A is true, then how come B is tr... (by helios)
game engine

Guys please i need an advice for a 2d multiplayer game engine which does not require coding.I have been struggling for unreal for like 3 months and have decided...
[3 replies] Last: oh (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Alrighty the DISPLAY Pascal’s Triangle Challenge

So, a common challenge is to generate Pascal’s triangle for some N rows. Easy-peasy. What you usually see is something like one of the following wonky output...
[11 replies] Last: Have to admit that the idea (but not the code) came from Alex Bellos's... (by lastchance)
by reggie
Post-commit patch review available online on OpenCoverage

The OpenCoverage website (http://opencoverage.net) now demonstrates a post-commit patch review system utilizing the Coco code coverage tool from froglogic ...
[no replies]
Ctrl+Ins in Linux (NCurses)

Would someone with a PC-Linux box mind compiling this, running it, and pressing Ctrl+Ins and tell me what number you get? #include <stdio.h> #include <...
[10 replies] Last: Yeah, different. WHAT I HAVE LEARNED: For keys > KEY_MAX, lookup the ... (by Duthomhas)
My little enrique program

Hello. I have developed a little program that ask the name of the user and outputs a little file with a message saying: -A copyright notice about me. (Whom m...
[no replies]
OS Development

Wanted to ask advice on getting into OS development. I'm mostly interested in working with Linux and Android. I've got experience with C++ and a bit of java. An...
[4 replies] Last: I use vanilla Ubuntu (with MATE desktop, but that's another story...) ... (by matsom)
one more noob question not found on google

can i make a game like stomped.io using only c++? I know its made using java and html but can i do it using only c++?
[7 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan Thanks for telling. (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
system function in a while loop

I noticed when I use the system function to clear a screen in a while loop my computer seems to get really loud like the processor is working a lot harder and w...
[3 replies] Last: Not only are you spawning a new process repeatedly, but that loop is a... (by ModShop)
Merry Christmas 2017 Challenge!

Well it’s that day of year again. For those of you who celebrate, Merry Christmas! This year’s challenge is to generate a holiday greeting display that has...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! I’m glad at least a couple of people enjoyed it as much a... (by Duthomhas)
“10 Core Guidelines You Need to Start Using Now”

Talk from Kate Gregory at CppCon 2017 - not for beginners https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDEzfpdcSg
[4 replies] Last: I watched this one by Kate: https://isocpp.org/blog/2017/12/kate-greg... (by TheIdeasMan)
guys why?????????

I am trying to learn ethical hacking and you all are accusing me of being bad person. And i may not actually go to that field and probably go to game developmen...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not convinced suyashsing234 is not a troll, honestly. I wouldn't g... (by helios)
January 2018 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.