Lounge - July 2012 (Page 2)

Help !!!

Hello Guys, I am a student of BSC.It and wanna be a software engineer so Would Like to ask you that What should I do for it? I am also interested in Learn...
[4 replies] Last: BHXSpecter is right, thanks for correcting me.. i should have said "it... (by sigmablack)
Looking for reference books (1,2)

So I was offered a book of my choice and I believe I'm going to pick Stroustrups's The C++ Programming Language (Special Edition) since it's hardback and a fair...
[20 replies] Last: We ended up deciding on "Professional C++" from the WROX Programming C... (by Volatile Pulse)
Trigonometry

Here's another problem: The sides of a parallelogram are 14 ft and 16 ft. One angle is 48° while another angle is 132°. Find the lengths of the diagonals ...
[6 replies] Last: Wow! I figured I missed something small there. That explains the numbe... (by ResidentBiscuit)
K Language, what in the hell?

Just ran into someone posting this, didn't even believe it was a real thing. {_ x*y%{:[~x;y;_f[y;x!y]]}[x;y]}/1+!20 Supposedly the solution to Project E...
[5 replies] Last: Damn, one day they might come up with X language too.. =l (by sigmablack)
How many comments? (1,2,3)

How many comments do you write in your programs? I probably write a few more comments than necessary.
[48 replies] Last: Comments should be terse but informative. They should never explain ho... (by chrisname)
Sandboxing and Windows

Sandbox code seems to be a successful means of protecting against malware, so why hasn't Microsoft implemented it into windows execution model?
[2 replies] Last: Well, Chrome (the browser) sandboxes everything, and you can sandbox p... (by chrisname)
by P4r10
Searching members for a C++ team

Hey readers, My friend and I are trying to get a team of C++'ers together. So we are searching a lot of members to come to our team. You just have to know a ...
[17 replies] Last: I might be interested, on my tablet right now but I'll add you to skyp... (by Zephilinox)
What if i delete Application Data folder in windows?

Will this delete saved passwords/email-addresses/history etc of all the browsers that i use?
[12 replies] Last: Actually I have both and CCleaner on both, just forgot I had to get it... (by BHX)
Most Interesting Project You Worked on? (1,2)

Title^. What was the most interesting, and fulfilling project that you have worked on. I'm interested because it will give me some ideas on what I can work on i...
[20 replies] Last: I guess it's something I'm working on now. It's a 2D puzzle game. I re... (by m4ster r0shi)
by Tresky
This Website

How was this website made? It's so clean and runs smoothly. It makes me wonder what software was used.
[5 replies] Last: From what I gather, it uses HTML and CSS for markup, Javascript for fo... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by rollie
Project Euler 391

So I took a crack at the latest problem (http://projecteuler.net/problem=391), and feel like I'm getting somewhere with it, but I hit a roadblock. My current th...
[17 replies] Last: m4ster r0shi wrote: What algorithm did you use? rollie wrote... (by BMeph)
IOI

International Olympics for Informatics - Just wondering how hard it is, has any one ever been, if so, any advice?
[no replies]
How do i get my programing passion back?

Hey i have lost my passion for programming and idk what to do.During the school end of the school year i decided that i was going to finish c++ (basics) and lea...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Nitrosolid] "Is it just laziness?" Laziness is the product of... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Lol isn't it ironic that

Iphones, Ipods, and Ipads have their app code written in XCode, when it is based off of C++, which is harder to get on Macs.
[5 replies] Last: /troll mode=on I don't know what an Ipod is, but if I had as little a... (by Duthomhas)
Turing Test

Let's create a chat bot that has be trained to recognize what input is human given and what is given by another chat bot and use it as a practitioner for Turing...
[3 replies] Last: Lol, I just realized I'm like a chat bot made of meat! (by Catfish2)
Python Efficiency / Optimization

I wrote a solution to Project Euler #5 in python. def ProjectEulerFive (m = 20): a = m start = 2 while (m % start) == 0: start += ...
[1 reply] : My guess: all(num % n == 0 for n in check_list) creates an object, w... (by helios)
by S G H
Visual Studio 2010 and Class Integration

I remember I've seen somewhere something about changing the Debug data for certain Classes. Like, if you try to debug a std::string, you will not see internal d...
[3 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730838(v=vs.80).aspx but it ... (by S G H)
Game of Life: Gosper Glider Gun

Some time ago someone posted a Game Of Life thread here... I can't find it now but I had never played with it before and figured why not have some fun? Anywa...
[5 replies] Last: It isn't even that. The "speed" is actually the delay time between u... (by Duthomhas)
Competition

Okay, I lied, it's not a real competition, it's just a pretend one. Points are for coming up with the most needlessly complex program which should be simple. Th...
[11 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <stdexcept> using nam... (by Null)
Visual C++ not opening

Hi people, I'm new to C++. I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ (2010) programme from the microsoft website, however I cant seem to find it on my computor (and...
[4 replies] Last: It should be in C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/IDE/deve... (by S G H)
July 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.