Lounge - July 2012 (Page 3)

Microchipping Has Begun In the UK and USA

I'm not talking about pet tracking devices here, no, I'm talking about microchips that store your identity, personal information, and background. Thoughts? Ed...
[11 replies] Last: The UK government couldn't even get National ID cards made compulsory,... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by Naureg
Herbert Schildt

I was derping around on the internet and wandered into the subject of ol' Herb and his terribly written books, I came into more and more articles explaining how...
[10 replies] Last: I'm currently reading accelerated C++ (after finishing a C++ primer) a... (by Kieth89)
"Thinking in C++" - worth reading?

I've started reading "Thinking In C++". I'm about 300 pages into it, and I'm thinking about dropping it and starting a different book. Some parts I have fou...
[4 replies] Last: Well Thinking in C++ is class oriented from what I remember. The two v... (by BHX)
On a scale of 1 to 10 - How difficult to code a Bit torrent Client

I was looking for an interesting project to work on - something challenging, but not impossible. I have seen the detailed bit - torrent protocol is available on...
[3 replies] Last: without a library I'd give it a 8/10...so I hope that's the case (by Petee)
by ne555
Teaching programming

In about a month I'm going to apply to a TA job for an introductory course and for OOP. The test is to give a public class, the subject will be decided a few d...
[4 replies] Last: First of all, thanks to Gaminic for the really interesting, well-writt... (by Petee)
Professional C++ (1,2,3)

I am currently thinking of reading a new book, to improve my coding skills, is Professional C++ by Nicholas A. Solter and Scott J. Kleper a good book for my i...
[58 replies] Last: Yes, if you change the API, you have broken binary compatibility. A... (by rapidcoder)
Number to Words Challenge

Due to a recent posting (which some of you know about, but that's all I'll say about that), I thought it might be fun to see how we can convert a number into a ...
[12 replies] Last: Well, I think perhaps this challenge was too easy. :-\ In any case, h... (by Duthomhas)
Source Code Section

When is the source code section of this website coming? Is there a tentative date?
[5 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]Articles on the other hand, have to get reviewe... (by MrHutch)
give me something small to code

I am terribly frustrated at the moment and am looking for something to code, please this is urgent as boredom is about to set in. Please the stupidest suggesti...
[10 replies] Last: Try this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ Do the b... (by ThangDo)
Software Donations Legal Issues

I'm pretty much done writing a tool for a game mod that'll allow the user to make sure they have the latest files at the click of a button. To be honest, it ...
[3 replies] Last: Cheers for the advice. It was more of an afterthought than anything e... (by MrHutch)
by ascii
Non-programming Interests (1,2,3)

So, outside of programming, what other subjects enthrall you? I'm curious :o As for me, I've always been interested in pretty much all branches of Psycholog...
[52 replies] Last: This thread got way off topic because of one post. (by DeXecipher)
Java - JDBC connection pooling

I've been testing out various libraries for this and I thought that I'd share my experiences. I had stopped testing each library when the first deal-breaker wa...
[no replies]
Embedded Systems

What are some good embedded systems that are programmable with C++?
[3 replies] Last: Propeller CAN be coded in C++, but it requires an entry point written ... (by NGen)
by NGen
Compatibility Testing

NOTE: TESTING NO LONGER REQUIRED. I've been working on a 2D lighting program using OpenGL and have been working with friends to make sure that there aren't a...
[12 replies] Last: Compatibility regarding OpenGL holds up pretty well, until you try loa... (by NGen)
Which Aspect Ratio For a Game

Which Aspect Ratio For a Game?
[9 replies] Last: For a mobile version you will probably have more issues than just AR t... (by hanst99)
I'm bored... (1,2)

Gimme something to code or something. OpenGL is "too hard". T.T
[25 replies] Last: Thanks for the links. Yeah, flux in stability is a bad thing, but the ... (by BHX)
D SFML2 with derelict

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the D language... and am trying to compile a small D SFML2 program. I installed derelict and such already... Linux deskarch 3.4.4...
[3 replies] Last: Yep, it is solved. http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mbytzdabgyypbztyardn@... (by strongdrink)
CODE TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how many times I have seen people post code without code tags, I don't know about anyone else, but it frustrates me and makes me not want to read a...
[3 replies] Last: Error on line 132! 1...2...3...4...5... (..) At least it will teach... (by closed account 10oTURfi)
Trig fun

Ok, so this is killing me. I'm taking this damn online trig class, and the professor expects us to have "mastered" algebraic manipulation of trig functions as a...
[10 replies] Last: You're welcome. It was actually fun for me. yes, I'm a math geek ... (by atropos)
by LB
I need License Guidance

I'm trying to find an appropriate license for my code, which I plan to release in the public domain to the public. This one seems perfect: http://creativecomm...
[3 replies] Last: Licensing is enforced only in reaction to legal suits. Lawyers are typ... (by Duthomhas)
July 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.