Lounge - July 2012 (Page 4)

HELP ME PLEASE IMPORTANT HOMEWORK

#include <conio.h> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <ctime> #include <cstring> using namespace std; ...
[10 replies] Last: You can get Java(coffee) from Java(place), but don't get them mixed up... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
openGL Tutorial

I'm surprised at how few people know of this tutorial on openGL. The author takes 3D programming concepts, and specifics about openGL further than most other tu...
[2 replies] Last: Nice find BlackSheep. Bookmarked that one :). (by BHX)
Logging into Ubuntu with just command line?

So, is it possible to log into Ubuntu with just a command line? I really don't want the whole GUI as I'm running a VM right now, but I don't see anywhere to log...
[6 replies] Last: Ahh there we go! That did it. Thanks! (by ResidentBiscuit)
Pyromania on TF2

Any fellow Team fortress fans? I main pyro on control point maps and I've been having a friggin blast with the new update. Nothing quite like clearing 14 people...
[no replies]
Quick urgent simple HTML question

I am submitting a project proposal to an online submission. There are several parts where we have to enter text for the proposal, abstract etc. In most of the...
[6 replies] Last: I dont think so, even without the / the same behavior. Anyway, I submi... (by DexterMorgan)
SFML Problem

I am following the SFML tutorial on http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/graphics-sprite.php and it compiles perfectly, but the sprite has a grey outline on th...
[13 replies] Last: the 2.0 tutorial is not done yet 2.0 isn't that different from 1.6... (by ResidentBiscuit)
C++ to OpenGL

I am interested in working in Graphics Architecture and I know NVIDIA uses OpenGL. I want to get started in OpenGL, but don't know when to start. How much skill...
[4 replies] Last: I think Neil's question stems from the fact that people who haven't do... (by BlackSheep)
if(float == double)

Interesting read on why not to compare a float with a seemingly equal value double. Explains it pretty well for people who never knew what happened behind the s...
[3 replies] Last: What kind of ***hole writes a float-based class without an approximate... (by helios)
SFML Images

I want to load the same image in the same window in more that one place at a time, any ways to go about it?
[6 replies] Last: An std::vector in C++ is pretty much a smart, dynamically allocated,... (by Catfish2)
Gonna Make A Game This Summer(hopefully this doesnt turn into vapourware))

Ok, I decided I'm gonna try and make a game this summer just for the fun of it. My libraries of choice will be SFML and Chipmunk. (And of course the STDLIB!) ...
[8 replies] Last: I agree, don't go overboard with the planning. It's good to have a cor... (by ResidentBiscuit)
C++ and graphics

Hello everybody! I am an intermediate C++ programmer, and I hope to finish my study of the language by the end of summer. My question is that what you should do...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Disch for the info. I will sure try SFML when I get there. (by Neil010)
Looking for books to read

I'm compiling a general list of comp sci related books to read and I'm looking for suggestions. So far I have: Structure and Interpretation of Computer P...
[19 replies] Last: I have 2 C++ books that are very much outdated. So for now, I am relyi... (by Neil010)
A programmers epiphany

Have you ever had an epiphany that you'll never have the time to know or do as much as you want in your field? I think this is what drives a lot of people in th...
[15 replies] Last: I'm 15 and I have had that epiphany! I understand what you mean. I'm t... (by Neil010)
Robotics with C++

Is anybody aware of or uses Atmel AVR Studio? I just purchased new parts for a line-following robot that I intend on building. I used to program using Basic wit...
[no replies]
Implementing a theorem prover in Scala.

For those of you who are interested, I'll be putting here any interesting links I find during my endeavor. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=...
[6 replies] Last: A small update. There are several tasks for a theorem prover that cou... (by m4ster r0shi)
July 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.