Lounge - July 2013

windows, mac, or linux? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

which one do you prefer?
[101 replies] Last: when I ask them what their problem is they almost always describe a p... (by firedraco)
Interesting Topic: Battlefield 3 (Technical Question)

For this game (or any game in general), how is RAM (Main Memory not Cache Memory) actually called an...
[6 replies] Last: ^Yep, efficient optimization. (by Montario79)
open source space cadet pinball?

i am making a virtual flynns arcade using mame and sdl, but i realized i wanted to add space cadet p...
[no replies]
by Smac89
[LINUX USERS] Google drive application for linux [LINUX USERS}

Many of you who are on Linux and use Google drive may have noticed that the once amazing Insync is n...
[no replies]
Did any of you learn programming while in high school?

How did you guys balance being in school(maybe being in clubs or sports, and having friends) while a...
[13 replies] Last: They teach Computer Science as an elective at my school, Comp Sci 1 an... (by LB)
by Czar05
Part Time Job or Program

Would you rather spend your time working at part time job that doesn't involve any programming. Or w...
[2 replies] Last: ^^^^^^^exactly (by Paoletti301)
C++ Compiler for OS X

What is a good compiler for OS X other than Xcode? I have googled this a lot, but I couldn't find q...
[7 replies] Last: It doesn't compile anything, so I guess it is a text editor. It does ... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by Duoas
Brain mixed languages...

Dang. Just spent a half-hour hunting down a bug... I couldn't figure out where a bool value was gett...
[7 replies] Last: Ah, re: ne555 's post: ┬┐didn't you receive a `variable is used befo... (by Duoas)
PC games and malware

For the last 3 or 4 years, I have kept my PC clear of mainstream video games due to a distrust, and ...
[14 replies] Last: one thing you should always trust imo is the download more ram ads. th... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Recommend me a book on beginners CS

Hello everyone. I've been studying C++ programming for a year. I'm starting university this year, wh...
[3 replies] Last: @Grey Wolf Thanks for the quick reply, I will have a look at the book... (by benbalach)
STL tutorial

What is a good tutorial on the Standard Template Library (vectors, etc.)? Thank you!
[4 replies] Last: Apache C++ Standard Library User's Guide is perhaps the best tutorial ... (by JLBorges)
What age did you start programming (1,2,3,4,5)

Just curious. I started when I was 12.
[90 replies] Last: Started since I was 8 (VB&VBS) 9 (Still VB&VBS) 10 (C++) 11 (Still C++... (by Code Apperentice)
Game Dev - Handling Enemy Waves and Pathing

So currently me and scriptcoder are working on a little project for fun and it is a simple 2D vertic...
[17 replies] Last: A better argument would have been >I wonder how finely I'll have to d... (by ne555)
C++

Hi everybody, I`m 16 years old and I want to start learning C++, but here in mine country the progra...
[1 reply] : Please edit your topic and move it to the Lounge section. With regard... (by Catfish4)
Did this really just happen? (1,2)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/18/0spn.png Or am I dreaming?
[26 replies] Last: I think I read the sticky first... I always read those before posting... (by Veltas)
by Manga
Is it just me? (1,2,3,...,10,11,12,13)

Probably not surprising but one of the hardest parts of being a programmer for me is dealing with al...
[253 replies] Last: [quote=Fredbill30]BHX, do they sell them? Nope, but I know a web site... (by BHX Specter)
My new vector

I've just upgraded my MSVC compiler from 2008 to 2010. Now I come with my new vector - it's much sim...
[3 replies] Last: Re: Use of memcpy as opposed to std::copy I'm worried about perform... (by cire)
Motivation

I've been learning python from a really really big book. I have all the basics on lock down but the ...
[2 replies] Last: do cool stuff with the things you learn. i know it sounds stupid, but ... (by ritka)
by Hertz
Should a 13 year old be learning about 3D mathematics? (1,2,3,4,5)

I am 13 years old and I have been programming c++ for 4 years now. I started learning about game de...
[85 replies] Last: Yes. Joining site discussions just to look forward to being called a D... (by Fredbill30)
What's with the age topics?

I always see "Should I be doing " x "when I'm only" y "years old". Or "Why do people give me c...
[6 replies] Last: Odds are you don't know what linear algebra is when your still in elem... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
July 2013 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.