Lounge - July 2013 (Page 3)

Motivation help

I have got a major problem: In the 6 years I have been programming, I have yet to complete a project that has lasted more than 24h. One would have thought that ...
[6 replies] Last: I could not help but laugh :) That was the point :D (by closed account N36fSL3A)
What's Your Greatest Fear? (1,2)

Post it here.
[37 replies] Last: Off topic: wtf QFT What is with all these TLAs?... (by Script Coder)
why create a game for a smart phone instead of a computer game? (1,2)

ok i know this has nothing to do with c++ but a lot of people ask random questions here since its such a big community. anyway i have a college project coming ...
[30 replies] Last: Keep them as simple as possible. If they get detailed, I draw them on ... (by MrHutch)
Custom File Extension

How Do I create a Custom file extension that opens with my java Program. For Example : My Java program will compress a .pdf file to some .abc format and I wan...
[9 replies] Last: Its size doesn't matter unless you plan to do read/write directly to t... (by Disch)
Finished my first Project!

So i started learning SFML about 4 days ago and i have just completed my first project with it :D i created a very basic art program that allows you to creat...
[8 replies] Last: Wow, that's what I needed to add, a PARTICLE engine. *bonks head* Shou... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Tribalwars masters?

Does anyone play it?
[6 replies] Last: I don't understand what you mean. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
How many people have had this happen

So i started learning SFML ( and im loving it ) and when i got to Vertexs and using them to render graphics, i fell in love with the look and decided i was goin...
[5 replies] Last: my project is over 4000 lines of code, and almost half of it I wrote h... (by TinyTeeTree)
Utilizing GPUs for Real-Time simulation

Here's a little thought experiment that I'm thinking of... Any ideas/solutions/considerations would be useful. The current solution: So I have a stack of PC...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for the discussion guys. (by Stewbond)
Broken headset

Hi there. I jsut recently ripped my wire of my headset and i was wondering if anyone has any idea to fix it.. i tried connecting the wires inside...to the col...
[6 replies] Last: @Paoletti Thanks ..I`m gonna do that.. And will let u know if it works... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
What do you guys generally use for your state management of your games?

I curious what techniques everyone employs when they write their game's state managers. Do you use a simple FSM or a HFSM or even a Behavior Tree? Was just curi...
[1 reply] : I just used an FSM. I guess it could be sort of an HFSM by virtue of h... (by firedraco)
by meesa
C++ STL Reference Ebook

Is there an ebook out there that is somewhat like the documentation on this site? Something where each STL header is expanded and defined / explained including ...
[7 replies] Last: Download the wget setup program (windows) from http://downloads.source... (by JLBorges)
Why not just use #include <cstdlib>?

I've been looking at examples and tutorials of code since I started getting into programming and I've noticed that when cout is used most more advanced programm...
[4 replies] Last: Is cstdlib a c++ thing and mostly c programmers use std::cout? I mean... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Maths Question

When using a summation (sigma), and the lower bound of summation is greater than the upper bound of summation is it considered that the summation would be 0?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the rapid response. (by Script Coder)
C++14 (1,2)

Is c++14 gonna be the new standard?
[23 replies] Last: The wiki page on C++14 summarizes what is new in N3690 http://en.wikip... (by JLBorges)
clang

If you use clang on a Windows operating system I would be interested in knowing how you installed it and where. Specifically did someone provide you the bina...
[no replies]
Cigarettes? (1,2,3,4,5)

So anyone on here smoke cigs? Just curious as to what kind, I switch back and forth from L&M Turkish Nights and American Spirit Yellow. I'm really curious to se...
[88 replies] Last: @markspend indeed, i wouldnt recommend it (by Paoletti301)
What about Eiffel?

Does anybody use Eiffel?
[10 replies] Last: I know this now... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Eclipse, code-blocks, or Visual Studio (1,2,3)

which one do you guys use? im not planing on changing the one i use but just asking.
[42 replies] Last: I'm experienced with VS, Code::Blocks, Dev-C++, Rhide(DJGPP), for Wind... (by BHX)
by Disch
Axis & Allies (1,2)

Anyone play it? I'm a huge fan of the Avalon Hill "revised" edition (artillery and destroyers first introduced) with modified "AARe" rules. Screen cap of an o...
[20 replies] Last: I'd choose the african one. It seems the best. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by lekus
jst curious

Seriously when can u say u knw enof c++, cos have jst kept learning this stuff and it dosent seem to end.
[17 replies] Last: Okay. I never siad that you said that you said that you did. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
July 2013 Pages: 12345... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.