Lounge - July 2013 (Page 5)

What drink is good for a Programmer (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

What drink is good for a Programmer which is suitable for a 12 year old and dosnt taste liek cofee :)
[120 replies] Last: Ah... remember when we used to run around accusing each other of drin... (by Manga)
How did you come to program (1,2,3,4)

This is basically a survey asking how many of you guys were initially introduced to programming at school (i.e. as a subject) and those who found it as a hobby....
[73 replies] Last: Yea, I'd really recommend it. It was hella fun creating my games and p... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Forum game: Never ending program (for geeks) (1,2,3)

Hello, as we all know, in most forums there is the never ending story game where every user enter a sentence and another user completes it with another sentence...
[40 replies] Last: string backInTheDay = "I wish I was playing L.O.R.D. on Renegade"; ... (by Chris Meyer)
Should I give up on C++? (1,2)

I don't know, should I? I think I might. With C++ it seems like I'll have a well planned out program and logically I know what I want to do. But when I start ma...
[20 replies] Last: Don't quit, it's one thing to try a new language and learn something d... (by Chris Meyer)
Simple Java Question

It's a simple question I had about Java. I couldn't find anywhere else as good as this place, so I figured I would try, great community here. Sorry if this is t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks M4ster r0shi! I haven't learned that yet, my guide hasn't menti... (by GMPoison)
Is there any of you who want to make a robot?

If you are an expert programmer, all you need to learn to make one is physics and electronics (few parts of mechanical engineering if wou want better robot).
[8 replies] Last: I am currently doing CS and already taught myself programming SCADA sy... (by closed account G309216C)
game development what do i need?

Hello fellow ppl how ru :) im thinking about going into game development where should i start and what language should i learn i want to develop platform ba...
[1 reply] : I am not an experienced coder but I want to be a game developer too. ... (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
Kitchens Cheap Doncaster

Gotta love spam bots. (Why is it saying this is my thread now? I reported the spam bot and it said I made this topic?)
[2 replies] Last: you inspired me to make , report bot, to report spam that are made by ... (by a967Bytes)
Classes

ah I love learning about classes but why make classes , why not just functions *_*
[2 replies] Last: You went straight into my mind :) yep I got it, nice explanation. (by a967Bytes)
Firefox Keeps Crashing (1,2,3,4)

Well I'm going to keep this short before it crashes, but Firefox keeps crashing on my PC. Once I go on this site and almost log in it immediately crashes. I was...
[62 replies] Last: [quote=Fredbill30]I'm sure I'd be far easier to make a virus for Ubunt... (by ResidentBiscuit)
c++ (1,2,3,4)

Does anyone recommend the way they learned c++, from a youtube tutorial or anything that will teach me how to make 2d games? Have any options?
[70 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]Therefore you can't learn from books at all. ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Windows 8 Pirated!!!

I`m so scared. I just got a call from this indian accent guy and he said that you have a expired version of windows 8..i got this key from my friend and like 2 ...
[9 replies] Last: i know its better im going to win7 (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Galaxy S4

I'm bored. Here's a lounge post. So, I picked up a Galaxy S4 in March. Admittedly, I was a little sucked in by all of the hype and the abundance of features....
[3 replies] Last: AOSP looks like Xperia's UI (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
C# no non virtual interfaces?

I've started working in C# recently and it came to my attention that C# does not allow private virtual functions (PVF). This confused me a great as PVFs are a p...
[no replies]
by Numeri
Another Beginner Group (1,2,3,4,5)

Hi, I read the thread of Olysold and Daleth's and am wondering if anyone else would like to start a similar group. About four people total seems optimal. I'm lo...
[94 replies] Last: Sorry, I think we've got enough people now... You could see if there a... (by Numeri)
by xAphex
Can someone help me write a program to display a webpage in C++?

Ok as the title says i want to write a program that will display a website with tabs.(what the program will do is displaying a web page nothing more) Can someo...
[3 replies] Last: sfml is a good library (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Reading from several books at a time.

Hello, Is it good idea to read from several books about a specific topic at the same time, I am trying to learn OO programming, still in classes, but some ti...
[2 replies] Last: Agree on that, I found that reading from http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/... (by a967Bytes)
Recent Cheat Engine hacks. Programmers: How to stop them.

I don't know if you guys know about Cheat Engine, but it's pretty powerful (if you know how to use it.) Anyways, recently, in this massive online FPS game I pla...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you darkestfright for explaining. (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
SDL 1.3 IS HARDWARE ACCELERATED

Yes! It seems as though SDL 1.3 is 2 times as fast as 1.3 and is hardware accelerated. In your face Disch! :P How hard is it to port your programs to 1.3 ...
[12 replies] Last: Really all I care about is it being hardware accelerated so I can rota... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Do you use C++11 (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

I use stuff like iterator_lists/range based for loops/ small stuff like that. Code::Blocks with mingw doesn't support initializing with a value in the header...
[149 replies] Last: @ Zereo Good point. I guess I just didn't have time to look up the fe... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 9
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.