Lounge - July 2014 (Page 3)

by helios
Actual philosophy (1,2,3,4)

Time and time again I find myself coming back to this question: What is a number? A miserable little pile of secrets. First I think we should ask, where ...
[76 replies] Last: I meant hat you lose some of the power when you move away from the abs... (by Mathhead200)
C++ learning recommendation?

Hello, everyone. I am completely new to these forums. I am very new to C++, basically last-week type of new. In short, my problem is it seems the amount of t...
[15 replies] Last: Sorry ill make my own thread and help GingerDolphin with his thread fr... (by Mizfizz)
Can I set up a HTTP server using my IP?

Title says everything.
[11 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by iQChange)
Binary vs ASCII Files

I'm not here to start a debate between which is better, but I am unsure of the exact differences and why those differences exist. From, what I understand if ...
[5 replies] Last: Hmm, I suspected that there wasn't a huge difference. It's amazing how... (by MaxterTheTurtle)
Tired of menial work, I was thinking of starting a company; ever thought of starting your own?

Starting own business so as to not work. So while washing plates and chopping vegetables at a Carluccio's (genuinely good food, though a little OP) I was thi...
[2 replies] Last: I worked as a delivery driver for a self made company. The company st... (by Lowest0ne)
help picking an OS for an assignment

Hello everyone, I have an assignment to complete. In short the company I am writing about collects data using Web analytics and combines it with operational ...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry everyone I should have been more specific. I've already solved i... (by Gkneeus)
An important Kick starter project that everyone needs to be aware of

I was browsing imgur, and found a picture of a kick starter project, with a link to the actual project. I hastily ran over. We need to fund this cplusplus.com. ...
[4 replies] Last: and send out over 3,000 bites. Well, we know he's got the funds to... (by Cheraphy)
Freeglut PDF?

hey does anyone know where i can get the freeglut api as a pdf? like this page http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/docs/api.php but get all that stuff in pdf ...
[1 reply] : If you have the header, it has similar documentation (if not better si... (by NoXzema)
C, Python...or...?

Hey everyone, My question is whether I should take up C / C++, or Python or even a different language altogether. The question is meaningless without cont...
[14 replies] Last: There often bindings to higher level languages such as python while im... (by NoXzema)
Looking for testers

I am writing a compiler and I am on the tail end of finishing the lexer. i am trying to make this cross platform, so I'm looking for people to test this on mult...
[6 replies] Last: yeah... im sorry i wasnt more clear. really what im looking for is val... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by helios
CopperRat (Android)

(See http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/130478/ for an introduction.) So, my player is now in a more or less usable state. I myself intend to start dogfoodi...
[3 replies] Last: Oh okay, will check it out and see if I can contribute. Thanks (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Getting IRC setup

I have no clue on how to get IRC setup. I believe there is a cplusplus IRC (correct me if I`m wrong) and there are others out there that I would like to connect...
[19 replies] Last: Heh. I can sympathize with that. My laptop is old and crappy too. (by BHX)
by Mats
Calculating Odds

I'm having a minor brain fail about this and thought someone here might be able to help?* So there are 2 decks of cards, one with 12 unique cards in and another...
[8 replies] Last: Argh of course! Thanks for you help. :) (by Mats)
"Real World" Programming - Boring?

So, I've been interning for a month now at a fairly large company. Right off the bat they have had me rewrite an old VB6 application they have into a Java web a...
[7 replies] Last: Maybe it's the domain I am, maybe it's the fact that web development ... (by Cubbi)
Video Game and Engine Coding

Unfortunately, my main programmer has gone on hiatus for personal reasons and I have had a heck of a time finding a programmer to help me out. What I'm l...
[8 replies] Last: Which I feel is a little unhelpful as anyone looking for a job on a fo... (by DresdenCylphy)
Mobile application for learning english - suggestions wanted

Hello my friends, we are now finishing LingLing - mobile application for learning languages for iOS and Windows Phone. It uses spaced repetition alghoritm (ap...
[1 reply] : [quote=software descrpition]After 10 months you can speak English flue... (by cire)
RakNet is now under modified BSD license

The somewhat popular RakNet network library is now open-sourced under the modified BSD license. Anyone use it before? Is it applicable outside of games? Anyone ...
[2 replies] Last: Nah, they still get top grade support which is mostly why you pay for ... (by NoXzema)
Entering the real world with a mentor

I think I need a mentor. I finished my first book on programming in C++, "Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++", and now I am reading "The C++ Progr...
[2 replies] Last: I second the idea of working on open source projects. If you want to w... (by ultifinitus)
by ranfan
Typing Issues? (1,2)

Does anyone here program on a laptop? I'm wondering if it's good or bad for programming. I have tendinitis in my wrists (from what I assume is constantly typing...
[27 replies] Last: yeah i feel the same way. i guess i have something to look forward to ... (by ranfan)
Fav font

Hello there, I was wondering what`s your favourite font for coding. Mind would be Consolas as it is thin, and readable which means you can fit more onto the ...
[6 replies] Last: I loved consolas on windows, but apparently it's proprietary... I use... (by IWishIKnew)
July 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.