Lounge - July 2014 (Page 4)

When do C++ learners know there ready?

I'm a beginner who has done C++ programming for around 6 months. The question is when do i know I'm ready to do projects? For eg: How much in depth understan...
[8 replies] Last: @ Mizfizz : www.cppreference.com is an effort to document the langu... (by IWishIKnew)
by Bunny
Libtool portability warning

Hi All, In my current project autoconf and libtool are used to generate the build system. The code consists of two programs, a library and the utility implemen...
[no replies]
How to make sound fx for games?

Hi Cplusplus community, it's been a while since i last started a topic. So i made my own little League of Legends game with 2 champions so far and i need to mak...
[3 replies] Last: Sound effects/design is a whole field of its own. Pure Data http://pur... (by Lachlan Easton)
What to do after undergrad/contributing to open source projects

I'm doing a bachelor's in computer science and going into my final year. I have a 3.89/4.3 GPA so I've been doing really well but now I'm unsure about what I'll...
[1 reply] : i can only help you as far as the opensource projects go. https://gith... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Plex Server

I'm debating getting a Plex server for storing all my films and media like my Star Wars collection. Problem is, I am located in the US which doesn't allo...
[7 replies] Last: Anyone know of a legal way of getting digital movie copies that plex c... (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Improvements

I have just released a program that I would like suggestions on: https://github.com/BeenEncoded/filesystem-macro-program Anything that you thnk could be d...
[14 replies] Last: In my mind, it is either or. It is either a recognized standard (like ... (by BHX)
Help with some Unity3D GUIContent C# script

This is to do with the Unity3D OnGUI() way of loading GUI on top of camera objects, I've posted my question on the answers.unity3d.com and had 27 views but no a...
[no replies]
CPlusPlus Syntax Highlighting

Hello, I'm wondering if its possible to format code so that it looks exactly like the formatted code when posting on this website using the code brackets. I wa...
[14 replies] Last: True, but I dont think copying and pasting from an ide copies line num... (by Joshua Schweigert)
What do you guys think?

So I have a project I've been working on in c++. But sometimes i lose motivation to keep working on it. I have some old books lying around about JavaScript ...
[7 replies] Last: Saying HTML 5 replaces JavaScript is like saying HTML 5 replaces CSS. ... (by chrisname)
C# outside Windows

(Some questions about the beautiful C# language) 1. Is it possible to use C# outside Windows OS? The answer is probably yes, but how hard is to do it? How c...
[6 replies] Last: Gtk# works on every platform that Mono supports, and it emulates the n... (by chrisname)
Portable way of bit masking in C (or C++)

In my book, I have an exercise that asks me to take an int x (like 0x12345678) and return another int with all but the least significant byte to be changed to F...
[3 replies] Last: A somewhat ugly solution would be casting the int to char* then us... (by Catfish666)
How to get a program ready to be shipped? (1,2)

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm writing this in the right forum, but how do you set up a piece of software that you wrote to be shipped? How do you get it to be set up...
[28 replies] Last: Thank you so much Computergeek01! I believed that it was, just wanted... (by crimsonzero2)
Adding videos sections to this beautiful website

I was wondering why they or he doesn't add a video-lesson section to this website or the possibility to add some videos-lessons about C++ and more in general ab...
[13 replies] Last: It's a program in a very specific context, and distinct from a Java pr... (by helios)
July 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.