Lounge - June 2013 (Page 2)

I'm back

I'm probably unknown anyway, (check out my post count hahaha), but the reason I left the forums for ...
[14 replies] Last: I used to follow the Linux coding style but I don't any more. When I c... (by chrisname)
Pointers and Arrays (1,2)

Kind of looking for people that know their way around the C++ standard for this and might be able to...
[31 replies] Last: array with x()/y() syntax is what boost uses for 2D points (by Cubbi)
Defect of the C++ Standard relative to class std::basic_string

Class std::basic string has the following constructor basic_string(const basic_string& str, size_...
[4 replies] Last: No they need not to provide one more overloaded function. They should ... (by vlad from moscow)
what is your typing speed? (1,2)

I am posting this thread because I am happy :D I reached 80wpm today , I have an average of 60wpm ...
[36 replies] Last: i got 46 words per minute, however, i was slightly slowed down by the ... (by Paoletti301)
SDL 2.0 Is Now Stable

http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/download-2.0.php Get it while it's hot.
[no replies]
Point out the flaw in a proof by induction.

This is from a lecture where the professor gave an example of a flawed proof by induction, let the s...
[14 replies] Last: @Rapidcode: That's what I was thinking at first too, but I now realize... (by htirwin)
java

anyone with java knowledge?, cant understand where the nullpointerexception is. import java.a...
[4 replies] Last: Kk works, Like this first time you play it it records with printscree... (by smalbig)
Any Gaming C++ projects out there?

So, if any of you users have or have seen any C++ games or any projects (in dev or completed) I woul...
[7 replies] Last: I'll check out ChessPlusPlus and Tantere. Sorry about being vague. Ge... (by nsahawks7)
Looking for beginner group members.

We are a group of 2 people looking to team up with 1 or 2 more other people. This little group is me...
[19 replies] Last: Quick question, am I the last one to be added to the group? I don't... (by Olysold)
C++ IDE

I'm looking for a good C++ IDE for Linux. The IDE I'm looking for has to meet a few requirements: ...
[9 replies] Last: Is Umbrello better now? A few years ago I tried it (KDE 3) and it was ... (by rapidcoder)
Does anyone fancy writing a good library linking tutorial for windows I will DO anything and make outrageous promises for one

If you want to explain linking libraries and setting up API's for complete newbies in an article her...
[no replies]
A proposal to introduce general functions std::reverse and std::sort

In most cases standard algorithms std::reverse and std::sort (and corresponding member functions of ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, the problem that would be resolved by introducing such functions... (by vlad from moscow)
Public wishlist for cplusplus.com (1,2,3,...,13,14,15,16)

You may contribute to this thread... just in case the administrator sees it. 1) clickable https...
[313 replies] Last: I'd like to request having <thread> added to the reference page, if it... (by maeriden)
lisp/haskell tutorial

i have recently decided to learn lisp and haskell but i have two issues. the first (pertaining soley...
[2 replies] Last: Have you looked here? http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Learning_Hask... (by Duoas)
Is using fltk and winsock together a good way to make simple web apps

so i have issues with sfml, can I use these two things to get simple and tidy results or could you r...
[no replies]
Print or !print

Hello, I have these books in PDF form > Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, Third Edition ( 4...
[12 replies] Last: CRT are nice memories of the old days :) . CRT used to make me tear ... (by d javaapps javac)
RAID

Hello, has any one tried the striping technique yet? I have my old PC, which I will install on it m...
[no replies]
POLL: Why C++? (1,2)

Just a poll if anyone is interested. When did you start C++ and why? Was it your first language...
[20 replies] Last: Just got to thinking. My first language was BASIC in 7th grade. Then s... (by BHX Specter)
Digital Genetics

Here's a strange one, I've been working on a population simulator, and I had a thought regarding par...
[16 replies] Last: Hmm, I'm really liking the idea of constant and centralized food sourc... (by sargon94)
What IDE do you use? (1,2,3,4)

just thought i would stir some movement into the lounge forum
[69 replies] Last: VS2010 with VS2012, very difficult to setting integrate with CUDA (by animfahmy)
June 2013 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.