Lounge - June 2013 (Page 2)

I'm back

I'm probably unknown anyway, (check out my post count hahaha), but the reason I left the forums for a bit, was that I was doing python at school. Because of my ...
[14 replies] Last: I used to follow the Linux coding style but I don't any more. When I c... (by chrisname)
Pointers and Arrays (1,2)

Kind of looking for people that know their way around the C++ standard for this and might be able to provide a reference to. Say I have a class like this and I ...
[31 replies] Last: array with x()/y() syntax is what boost uses for 2D points (by Cubbi)
Defect of the C++ Standard relative to class std::basic_string

Class std::basic string has the following constructor basic_string(const basic_string& str, size_type pos, size_type n = npos , const Allocator& a = Alloca...
[4 replies] Last: No they need not to provide one more overloaded function. They should ... (by vlad from moscow)
what is your typing speed? (1,2)

I am posting this thread because I am happy :D I reached 80wpm today , I have an average of 60wpm what about your typing speed ? I am sure that this forum go...
[36 replies] Last: i got 46 words per minute, however, i was slightly slowed down by the ... (by Paoletti301)
SDL 2.0 Is Now Stable

http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/download-2.0.php Get it while it's hot.
[no replies]
Point out the flaw in a proof by induction.

This is from a lecture where the professor gave an example of a flawed proof by induction, let the students try to figure what was wrong, and then explained the...
[14 replies] Last: @Rapidcode: That's what I was thinking at first too, but I now realize... (by htirwin)
java

anyone with java knowledge?, cant understand where the nullpointerexception is. import java.awt.Color; import java.awt.Graphics; import java.awt.Image;...
[4 replies] Last: Kk works, Like this first time you play it it records with printscree... (by smalbig)
Any Gaming C++ projects out there?

So, if any of you users have or have seen any C++ games or any projects (in dev or completed) I would like to know! Thanks guys xD
[7 replies] Last: I'll check out ChessPlusPlus and Tantere. Sorry about being vague. Ge... (by nsahawks7)
Looking for beginner group members.

We are a group of 2 people looking to team up with 1 or 2 more other people. This little group is meant for learning more about C++ programming, but meant to be...
[19 replies] Last: Quick question, am I the last one to be added to the group? I don't... (by Olysold)
C++ IDE

I'm looking for a good C++ IDE for Linux. The IDE I'm looking for has to meet a few requirements: -It has to have a very good autocomplete -It has to be vis...
[9 replies] Last: Is Umbrello better now? A few years ago I tried it (KDE 3) and it was ... (by rapidcoder)
Does anyone fancy writing a good library linking tutorial for windows I will DO anything and make outrageous promises for one

If you want to explain linking libraries and setting up API's for complete newbies in an article here, and let me see it before you post it (i will be perfect f...
[no replies]
A proposal to introduce general functions std::reverse and std::sort

In most cases standard algorithms std::reverse and std::sort (and corresponding member functions of containers std::forward_list and std::list) are called over ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, the problem that would be resolved by introducing such functions... (by vlad from moscow)
Public wishlist for cplusplus.com (1,2,3,...,13,14,15,16)

You may contribute to this thread... just in case the administrator sees it. 1) clickable https:// links 2) default content for first posts anywhere e...
[313 replies] Last: I'd like to request having <thread> added to the reference page, if it... (by maeriden)
lisp/haskell tutorial

i have recently decided to learn lisp and haskell but i have two issues. the first (pertaining soley to lisp) is that there are so many flavors i dont know whic...
[2 replies] Last: Have you looked here? http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Learning_Hask... (by Duthomhas)
Is using fltk and winsock together a good way to make simple web apps

so i have issues with sfml, can I use these two things to get simple and tidy results or could you recomend an easier way, I didnt like the windows gui, so will...
[no replies]
Print or !print

Hello, I have these books in PDF form > Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, Third Edition ( 433 Pages) > Beginning_C++_Game_Programming ( 353 Pages) ...
[12 replies] Last: CRT are nice memories of the old days :) . CRT used to make me tear ... (by a967Bytes)
RAID

Hello, has any one tried the striping technique yet? I have my old PC, which I will install on it ms windows 7, ms DOS , ms windows 3.1 Linux,and Unix. the re...
[no replies]
POLL: Why C++? (1,2)

Just a poll if anyone is interested. When did you start C++ and why? Was it your first language? What would you rate yourself from 1-10? Well, i start...
[20 replies] Last: Just got to thinking. My first language was BASIC in 7th grade. Then s... (by BHX)
Digital Genetics

Here's a strange one, I've been working on a population simulator, and I had a thought regarding parent-to-child gene transfer. The genes are currently stored i...
[16 replies] Last: Hmm, I'm really liking the idea of constant and centralized food sourc... (by sargon94)
What IDE do you use? (1,2,3,4)

just thought i would stir some movement into the lounge forum
[69 replies] Last: VS2010 with VS2012, very difficult to setting integrate with CUDA (by animfahmy)
June 2013 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.