Lounge - June 2013 (Page 3)

Best Programmer(s) in Sections (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

Hi, This is quite a generic question, but I want to know who is the best programmer in each section, I know every person has their own thing they are good at...
[143 replies] Last: Oh sorry I thought this was unrelated. (by closed account G309216C)
MALLOC

hi.. i am posting this thread because i hoping that somebody can help me about my problem. this freakn me out. i checked the code well and i got this 1 irritati...
[1 reply] : First and foremost this is a thread for the beginners section not the ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
When did you really start programming (1,2,3,4,5)

How old were you when you really started programming. How old are you now? Hello World =/= Programming. If C++ were your first language, at what age di...
[93 replies] Last: I started programming when I was about 9. The first few months was ver... (by lockandstrike)
What do you use YOUR server for?

Do you have any servers running around your house? or home media servers etc. if so, what do you use them for? what are the specs? have any big plans for that s...
[8 replies] Last: I'd like to build a cluster of cheap computers (maybe Raspberry Pis) t... (by chrisname)
Distribution of prime numbers (1,2)

Is there any theorem in mathematics that proves that if p is a prime number then there must be at least one more prime number between p and 2 * p + 1 (exclusive...
[21 replies] Last: From what I have heard in various talks and read on Wikipedia, estima... (by ascii)
LoL

Yes, I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask this on, but its a free country. I have recently been trying to install League of Legends, without any succe...
[2 replies] Last: I'm not familiar with the game or the error but I found this http://na... (by naraku9333)
Programming facts thread

Hello, in this thread every one can share & post different programming facts, some time we find new fact that we did not realize.. I will give you and example ...
[13 replies] Last: Yes, the book starts from 0, it start from what is a computer, how can... (by a967Bytes)
going to the classical age DOS

Hello I want to make another boot-able windows in my computer without deleting my current windows, if I have to delete it I will do it in another computer I...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks Fred, I started programming with Game Maker Language 7 when I w... (by a967Bytes)
by mickm
making a scrolling 2D platform game?

Im a school teacher developing a wildlife educational website for younger students. I would like to incorporate a series of simple 2D platform games but have no...
[5 replies] Last: Don't need to pay to make a game like this. Many hobbyists want to wor... (by Manga)
Machine Code with Boolean

Just a quick question. Since a bool type variable is equal to True/False, or off and on, is it possible to code a program (Such as an adder/half adder) with t...
[2 replies] Last: I know but just as a brain workout. I'm actually doing it like this. ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
I want to be an ethical hacker (1,2)

I really want to be a proffesional ethical hacker. Where do i start? I've started to learn python.
[38 replies] Last: i think understanding some languages some networking and a decent unde... (by devonrevenge)
Linux: I AM SOLD (1,2)

EDIT:: forget this... look at the second post... So... I did a web search, and I wasn't surprised when I found quite a few places I could download the OS from...
[35 replies] Last: Typically if you find something from a website, it will come with com... (by keskiverto)
by LB
Why are glasses so nerdy?

Because they're always correcting your vision! http://i.imgur.com/vBRv7Nq.png
[2 replies] Last: I know I am. (by Cheraphy)
Stallman tinhatting? What's your opinions?

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.html I agree the paid software being advertised in the software center is pretty lame, but the rest? It's very e...
[1 reply] : It's easy to disable, though I'm in the camp that it should be an opt-... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Do you like math? (1,2,3)

Are you good at it?
[40 replies] Last: Yeah, I like math! (by crazylads)
C# and C++

I've been wondering; what are the differences between C# and C++? And how different is C# from C++? IDK, but it looks to me to be pretty much the same(same synt...
[13 replies] Last: [quote=chrisname]I may be misunderstanding, but ref and out are not us... (by Oria)
Creating games etc. With multiple people

For example, how would the programmers at AAA game companies go about working on a game? Do they just work on their own part and then everybody puts there code ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, looking into it makes all clear how it works. And I will be de... (by DJLad16)
Best book for beginners?

cout<<"Hello" , I am currently using "C++ How to program 8ed Deitel" with compiler dev-cpp I liked that book, but I want more examples, and more simple descri...
[9 replies] Last: Graphics.h is not a standard header. I think it's only with devcpp, I ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by agile
Online C++ assessment - www.interQiew.com

High quality and efficient online C++ assessment tests. Visit http://www.interqiew.com/services.
[no replies]
June 2013 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.