Lounge - June 2013 (Page 4)

Steps for securing a commercial software?

I am trying to understand how I can protect my program.When the user gives the correct serial key,the program should unlock itself.And it should create differen...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers. (by Awareness)
Name my library and programming team project.

Ideally I want the a name To start with the letter 'g'. What are some cool names? If I use your idea, I'll give you credit for the name. What do you all think a...
[10 replies] Last: haha thanks everybody But I already chose a name.: Its a hybrid mix o... (by DeXecipher)
Python... Wow!

So I finally got around to messing with Python. It's the first time I've used a true scripting language before and wow. I am blown away at how easy it is to get...
[7 replies] Last: i shud escape from evil java and move to python, i get the impression ... (by devonrevenge)
by LB
I broke the internet? (1,2,3,4,5,6)

http://i.imgur.com/rkXOs3r.png?1 According to @Yehowahy, I broke the internet.
[114 replies] Last: > but the point has to be on the perimeter of some oddly shaped shape,... (by ne555)
How do i run python scripts!!!!!!

I have just installed python 2.5 but i don't know how to run python scripts in the command prompt. PLEASE HELP
[3 replies] Last: Note that invoking a Python script like this C:\Users\Brandon\Deskto... (by andywestken)
Freelancer

Hi guys, can anyone kindly explain How to become a freelancer programmer? What qualification is needed? How much i can earn per month? What is the best freelan...
[4 replies] Last: Sound interesting.... Thanx guys. (by ErrorFree)
Is python a popular language?

just asking, don't hate me.
[4 replies] Last: Not sure how good their stats collection approach is... Programming L... (by andywestken)
cross plateform

if i develop a game using sfml is it at all possible to port it to android or ios without rewritting the whole thing with another library or so? Just something ...
[12 replies] Last: It is. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
I've decided to learn sfml (1,2,3)

After my previous post i decided to learn game programming with sfml. Before, i was learning directx but got to complicated. So a few of u said i should learn s...
[52 replies] Last: [quote=Fredbill30]My technology teacher said the same thing about tech... (by BHX)
by Jgwman
Important C++ for future game programmer (1,2,3)

Hello, I have been learning C++ self-taught for a while now, but I am to the point where I am not sure what is the best thing to learn next. I wanted to know, ...
[50 replies] Last: Programming is programming. I've never seen anyone come out of my col... (by Manga)
Neural network general

Has anyone here ever written one? I'm working on one now but it uses quite a lot of memory. I'm not sure whether to use the same weights for every neuron in a g...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah, there are a bunch of libs for C++. FANN : Written in C, still ... (by Mitch)
Paradoxes (1,2,3,...,5,6,7,8)

Well there wasn't a decent debate on here for a while besides the occasional Java v C++ thread. I was wondering what your hold on paradoxes are. I mean any p...
[146 replies] Last: http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~jh8h/Foundations/Foundations_1/quest9.h... (by Catfish4)
Pokedex & Mobile face recognition app

Hi folks, new to the programming scene and I am a noob. I have been doing a lot of reading and not enough programming in my first month at this, so please excu...
[6 replies] Last: Wise words. I wonder why the OP didn't reply to this yet though. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Python Joke

CODE: import butterfly 6 months later NEW HEADLINE: Hurricane in Sydney, Australia believed to be caused by exotic snake! EDIT: Try making your own....
[no replies]
Enemies (1,2,3,4)

What is the best way to approach enemy handling in RPGs? I was thinking Something like this // I have a vector of enemies of different classes std::vector<ar...
[75 replies] Last: Seems like you broke the internet again L B. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Everyday life of a programmer questions

I'm just currently a student so these are my questions: 1. If your current job is to make a program for business, is it a console or gui apps? or if both, wh...
[9 replies] Last: I rarely write console apps, even when working for a company (two mont... (by Mitch)
Question about CS & University

I am starting university this fall. I am going to study CS, but it turns out that I have to study econ for 2 years and after that I can start studying CS for th...
[4 replies] Last: I see no reason why you should wait. Unless you find the CS stuff ... (by andywestken)
Planning to update my C++11 article (1,2)

Ages ago I wrote this: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/EzywvCM9/ I plan to update it, to include a couple more immediately useful features of C++11, such ...
[22 replies] Last: I(Lambdas) 'm unsure about this topic. Seems too advanced Writing an... (by kbw)
C++ Tutor

I am 18 years of age and have been learning c++ on my own for a little while now. I am looking for a c++ tutor who can help me to learn more. PM me if you can h...
[5 replies] Last: Always ;D (by closed account N36fSL3A)
The switching to a different Pac will not display

#include<iostream> #include<cctype> using namespace std; int main() { char package; double units; double fees_a, fees_b, fees_c; int A, B, C, Q; ...
[2 replies] Last: gyneisler, It looks like you have a ' } ' out of place. Look at the ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
June 2013 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.