Lounge - June 2013 (Page 5)

learning x86 assembly language

Is there any good book i can refer to learn ×86 assembly language. Also is there any difference between 8085 and x86 assembly language
[11 replies] Last: From what I've read 8086 gave birth to x86, but I never saw anything ... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
by ahcfan
What makes one linux distro better than others? (1,2)

On various linux forums people say they prefer slackware or arch linux, or ubuntu or one of its forks. Yet all of these have similar desktops and can be configu...
[24 replies] Last: what were they thinking? interesting about the four stages of incompe... (by devonrevenge)
Clang + LLVM or GCC?

Well lounge, which do you prefer? Or if something else, what do you use? Personally I've only used GCC and MSVC and prefer GCC, but I've been interested in ...
[10 replies] Last: No, "library support" is how well the included library meets the requi... (by LB)
by Mitch
Is Cplusplus.com doing well? (1,2,3)

For years I looked at this website, reading through the forums... I wanted to create an account, but never got around to it (especially since I don't really as...
[41 replies] Last: No more because I like Ruby better. Small indie games like... eh, the... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Game dev tycoon

Game dev tycoon will be coming out on steam soon, and i really want everyone to support them. It's such a good game, go to their website to find more Greenhear...
[1 reply] : I loved reading about that, I thought that kind of DRM was so clever t... (by Lachlan Easton)
Does dynamic linkng reduce the security of the program?

If I use dynamic linking in my program,does it cause security problems for my program(I mean will it be easily crackable?)?But products of some big companies li...
[3 replies] Last: Now you can hit the solved button so people know this thread is solved... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
UWE University: Computer Science or Games Technology?

I'm still two years away from going to university but I was wondering if anyone here had any insight in to this. I've read countless times about "Game Design" s...
[8 replies] Last: Wow, I can't believe I've never heard of them mentioned before, and ev... (by Zephilinox)
Erroneous std::type_info::hash_code example

I am not sure where else to report this, but the example code on the std::type_info::hash_code page is erroneous. There is no guarantee that hash codes are uni...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it's a small link so I missed it the first time. (by stephenwlin)
How do pc technicians fix Computers?? (1,2)

I see computer technicians at my school fixing computers and i looks so awesome! The pc in my school wasn't working and the computer technician had to come dow...
[29 replies] Last: You can combine that with Cygwin and get a pretty decent unix-like ter... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Programming Partner

Hey, guys. So I've been programming with C++ for about 3 months now, and just recently been learning how to use PDCurses. Anyways I was wondering if there wa...
[8 replies] Last: OK, see ya around! (by Mitch)
I have a pattern of numbers, how can i find out how to get the same output

So i want to get this output, see a pattern? how do you analyse a pattern to know how to get its sequence 2 3 2 3 4 4 5 2 3 4 5 6 3 5 6 7 2 4 5 6 7 8 3 4 ...
[4 replies] Last: search for it on http://oeis.org For example your pattern: http://oeis... (by MiiNiPaa)
Why do we have a lounge? (1,2)

If we really want to talk about things not related to C++ can't we just go on Facebook or something?
[23 replies] Last: @naraku9333 I'm fully aware of that. I've been using IRC since 2001. I... (by BHX)
Games modding, can i mod the logic for any game? what do i need to know?

I have always wanted an anti social gritty version of the sims, maybe set in glasgow, they have smack addictions and violent personality disorders, it never occ...
[6 replies] Last: Well some people modify SA to go online and stuff with PAWN (A modifie... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
I don't think i will ever be able to do computer science :(

I try so, so hard in maths. I revise all the time, i go on every website such as khan academy. But when it comes to a test i do really badly and i need a B to d...
[1 reply] : What are you specifically having trouble with? If you can, give an exa... (by naraku9333)
Math problem

I need help with finding a way to get the 2 numbers with the highest sum out of 3 values. Example: the numbers 9 4 7 It is easy to see that 9 + 7 is the larges...
[13 replies] Last: > he does not need partition. Right. Thanks. (by JLBorges)
Computer Science exam in high school. (1,2)

Does anyone know if you can go to a community college while in high school and take an exam for a course without actually taking the course and get credit for i...
[23 replies] Last: It's all about the games. And the comfort. I like halo, so I need an X... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Software Defined Radio (SDR)

Recently I have been coming across various things that end up coming down to using some aspect of SDR. It all looks kind of interesting stuff, telemetry of we...
[no replies]
I can"t get this program to work.

#include<iostream> #include<cctype> using namespace std; int main() { char choice; double charges; double units; double package_A, package_B, pac...
[1 reply] : your while loops are out of place. Check their syntax. (by abhishekm71)
Maths help for gcse

I'm looking for a really good maths book to teach me from the ground up to high level maths
[4 replies] Last: sorry, i'm quite new to this (by sam dhillon)
Sublime 2 Themes/Plugins

Was wondering what was you guys favorite sublime 2 themes/plugin to use? Do you have one that is just awesome in all languages or do you use a separate theme fo...
[9 replies] Last: Does it do this? http://i.imgur.com/2AWTqcV.png (by LB)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.