Lounge - June 2014

What about giving votes to our answers?

I was thinking that a good improvement to the quality of this website could be giving votes to the answers, so that one could have a better reference of what is...
[3 replies] Last: I am calm, but you apparently are not. Programming is the wrong hobby ... (by BHX)
Anyone still use Usenet?

I am checking out usenet, and it's fascinating, but I can't seem to find incredibly active newsgroups... Any thoughts?
[no replies]
Stuck in the hospital...

Hey I'm stuck in the hospital. I've got pancreatitis. It is really sucking right now as I'm sure all of you can imagine. I am on a no food no drink diet. Tellin...
[9 replies] Last: Are you better now? (Or discharged?) (by Avilius)
New here

Like to take the time to just say hello. I have learned so much from you professional programmers and at times I find that I am beating myself up over the stupi...
[2 replies] Last: Yep I knew about that, and the assistance from the community is great.... (by JohnMorris)
I'm back

Hey guys, I'm back! I recently lost my motivation and I got it back thanks to my idol. This is the quote that got me back with more fire than ever: "Success ...
[14 replies] Last: [quote=feare56]I'm just tired of people judging, I thought I finally g... (by BHX)
Seems like there are not a lot of contracts for C++

I signed up on a site to contract out my work and it seemed like most of the jobs were for web development, and or mobile and they were hella expensive. Is webd...
[1 reply] : Web development and mobile development have been in wide demand for ye... (by BHX)
Homebrew Computers

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever made/attempted to make a homebrew computer. I've been recently looking into in between breaks on my NES emulator I'...
[no replies]
Studying really computer science

Some questions about what to know to study and learn computer science at university. Maybe some seem to be a bit stupid, but I ensure you that they really are! ...
[3 replies] Last: Mathematics is not needed at all to program (by mathematics, I mean ca... (by IWishIKnew)
by S G H
Spambots

We're full of spambots these weeks. Did something happen, or what?
[8 replies] Last: I think the current system is reasonable and manageable in its current... (by Lachlan Easton)
C++ Shell

Are any of you seeing the new widget beside this code? I love it! #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl; return 0; } ...
[3 replies] Last: Nope, didn't notice => http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/135840/ ;... (by BHX)
rate my grammar?

i just finished my grammar for a language i designed, and am looking for critiques: http://pastebin.com/62QvFmfR
[no replies]
what happened to chess++? (1,2,3,4,5)

As I recall I had this really great Idea and all you guys thought I was awesome and went off and started work on chess plus plus just to make me happy and try ...
[81 replies] Last: Abstraction was going to happen, I just wanted to get the game playabl... (by LB)
Where to start? (1,2)

Hello everyone, I have not programmed for around 2 weeks, and do not know where to start from in my book. I am reading Chapter 9 and I was mid way through it. ...
[21 replies] Last: I use Kindle editions so I can read them through Chrome while I use my... (by BHX)
language feature poll

so im designing a language grammar, and i was wondering if you guys could give your opinion on some ideas i had for it? thank you in advance. 1) nested functio...
[2 replies] Last: because namespaces are used to define scope. this, while looking like ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Challenge?

Hello, I have no idea where to go with this request. If this is frowned upon in the community please delete this thread. I've been doing basic c# for a little w...
[7 replies] Last: It does not, Excel would work perfect. (by Zazaroth)
by fafner
Keeping spirits up when working on a project (1,2)

I've been working on a cool hobby-project for a couple of months now, and so far the results have been very good, but the last week or so I've had to implement ...
[29 replies] Last: You will change your mind. Every developer worth his weight should be ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Better names for typedefs

Just a loungy type question. Say I have two classes, Position and Object. Thus far, I've been using a naming convention such as: using object_container = st...
[2 replies] Last: If you're trying to come up with a naming convention for std::map<Type... (by Stewbond)
Confirm leave page should be added to this site

Have any of you been editing a post and as you're hitting backspace to get rid of a mistake your mouse clicks out of the edit box and your browser navigates bac...
[8 replies] Last: Ah I misunderstood the issue then. For some reason I imagined you said... (by Computergeek01)
best make system?

im starting a project that is going to take a lot of files, and wanted to get started on the build system, so i can just update it as i go. the five solutions i...
[6 replies] Last: I preffer CMake. When I started, I managed to whip up a "semi-univers... (by IWishIKnew)
Lord of The Rings: Gandolf's Staff

This is nawing on me: In The Fellowship of The Ring, Gandolf is "delayed" by Saromon (forgive me if I mis-spelled his name), and his staff is taken. However, ...
[11 replies] Last: Re: the staffs Look closely at them, they are not the same staff. (by closed account z05DSL3A)
June 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.