Lounge - March 2013

Who's dreaming... (1,2)

Did you ever notice how you most often you don't realize you're dreaming, while you're dreaming? Even when you do impossible things... like float in mid air,...
[26 replies] Last: I remember i would play so much basketball just when i went to sleep i... (by devonrevenge)
hi im new here :D

hello,im new in this forum and new to c++,i want to learn how to use c++ to create my own game,im not targeting an greate game yet,i use game maker 8.0 to make ...
[15 replies] Last: wow thx for this,im going to study how to use this cuz i dont know how... (by raste28)
by Kaleb
Hello! (1,2,3)

Hello everypony! My name is Kaleb Fritch and I'm 14 years old (subject to change every November 18^th) I am currently on a goal to becoming one of the best deve...
[54 replies] Last: Maybe he saw the post, and then when he went back, it was no longer th... (by Script Coder)
by LB
Anti-patterns

Has anyone ever tried writing a completely functional game or program using entirely anti-patterns? I don't think I'd be able to without getting lost :\
[2 replies] Last: This actually sounds quite interesting. I might give it a go. But as L... (by Script Coder)
Advice? :)

So, I'm currently fairly new to programming, & learning c++. I'd like some insight from others as to how I should handle my challenges in coding c++. For in...
[13 replies] Last: Learn to add headers and source files sooner than later , I'm glad yo... (by closed account S3TkoG1T)
AQ Test (1,2)

How accurate is the test? Could someone not autistic and someone autistic try it and test the accuracy. My score: 29 A site for the test: www.wired.com/wi...
[38 replies] Last: That is true devon that is why you don't want to put to much personal ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Terminololigy for beginners and issues searching for answers to problems

One issue I have as a beginner is knowing how to search for a problem, when you don't understand the problem, how can you know how to use terminology if you don...
[2 replies] Last: Well thats why I think beginners need help with terminology, so they c... (by devonrevenge)
by S G H
C#, wat?

I'm trying to translate and edit a C# project to C++, but I found myself in front of these lines: if (j.Count(x => x != null) >= 2) { y.Clear(); fore...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, then, I was guessing that but wasn't sure about it, I've never see... (by S G H)
by Kaleb
What type of code is this?

package com.kalebfritch.txtadvn1; import android.app.*; import android.os.*; import android.view.*; import android.widget.*; public class MainActivi...
[12 replies] Last: Wow, shows how ignorant I was. Are there any free, Android C++ compile... (by Script Coder)
Who plays Minecraft? (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)

I love this game. Who else does? If you don't like this, please don't just write "I hate this and I hate you..." Just say something "nice" and an explanation
[121 replies] Last: Oh, you know, since it's not bukkit for some reasons, me and my friend... (by greenleaf800073)
SDL Detection Collision Problem

This is my project file: http://www.filedropper.com/kyden SDL collision is the problem this time. When this is downloaded, look at collision.cpp, player.c...
[15 replies] Last: i like that! (by Michaela Elise)
Sprite Work

Anyone want to do sprite work for a (probably free) game? I can't pay, so I won't really expect you to do expert work or devote yourself to it. You'll get in th...
[16 replies] Last: @cire: You are welcome to convert the code below to SFML 2.0 as well ... (by cire)
I need to use JSON library for a java program, anyone know how to install it on intellij?

I have to learn JSON from scratch, my friend wants me to build him a work monitor and although i would rather use sockets, he wants to use JSON to manage the d...
[10 replies] Last: i type all the wrong things into google, I never knew that I needed ju... (by devonrevenge)
by LB
freeze with apples and cout

can som one plz help. my program crashes when it shows how many are left. #include <iostream> #include <limits> using namespace std; int main() { int apple...
[17 replies] Last: Yes, compiler will use inner scope bindings when you rebind an identif... (by Duthomhas)
Earphones

Hi, I'd been struggling a while to chose a good earphones with great bass effects and finally came here. please suggest good earphones under price range of be...
[7 replies] Last: try this top ten http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-t... (by devonrevenge)
Koding Online IDE

So I just got into the beta for Koding which is a online IDE for a huge amount of languages. I haven't messed around with it very much yet but it seems to be 10...
[9 replies] Last: Zereo: Oh yea, I know that. I meant a koding app, if you right click... (by Splux)
Proxy

I have made the basis for a simple web server. What would i need to add to make it a proxy
[5 replies] Last: A proxy is a server that is sort of a "middle man" for requests from c... (by Oria)
naming abstracted methods

When a public method mostly just calls a private method to do it's work; say the private method is recursive; what is a good naming convention? example, ...
[8 replies] Last: I know, but if you call it multiple times it will just return the stat... (by chrisname)
TCL

Does anyone know if tcl is a good lang. I am attemping to leanr it, but want to know of others expiriences
[12 replies] Last: Ruby is boss. I never stated it sucked, I love Ruby. (by closed account N36fSL3A)
University (1,2,3,4)

What age do I have to be to take University programming classes? Will I be force to start with a C++ Introduction (I don't want to redo it from the beginning :|...
[72 replies] Last: [quote=iseeplusplus]The local school corporation must, however, have a... (by BHX)
March 2013 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.